Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sasha Banks and Naomi walk out of Raw mid taping (Backstage drama Megathread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,374 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 53,916 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Some way to bury your talent

Absolutely stinks of Vince

It's hard to see the Sasha and Naomi come back from this and if they do some how wrestle for WWE again, they are restarting with a handicap as they are already buried

• Registered Users Posts: 60,367 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Wait for the tag team of Los Conquistadors Tres & Cuatro to win the Woman Tag Team Tournament to crown new Woman’s Tag Team Champions

• Registered Users Posts: 37,909 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I'm fine eitherway tbh

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

They always do this with walkouts though, didn't they have the Rock throw a few digs at Austin after he refused to job to Brock back in the day.

"Austin took his ball and went home"

Hell this is the company that manufactured a situation to screw Bret Hart out of their main belt live on PPV.

Punk got similar treatment too and they were all infinitely more high profile than Sasha and Naomi.

I don't necessarily agree with the handling of it at all but it's not the first time they've publically lambasted stars for doing the same thing.

The difference is that social media nowadays amplifies absolutely everything to the nth degree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,857 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Sure how often has Sasha taken time off lately? This was probably the most weeks in a row she's appeared in a long time. I remember saying before about her having so many returns.

I'll be honest and say they could've not mentioned anything about them leaving, which they may have done if not for the advertised match, and I probably wouldn't have noticed until maybe a few weeks from now when I randomly remember there were women's tag titles.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

There seems to be reports that whatever happened with Saha and Naomi, they’d walked at round 5pm, well before the show itself started.

Probably make Sasha and Naomi look like the bad guys "Disappointing millions" of fans. We're used to WWE changing things last minute from what was advertised going into the episode, but by still advertising at the beginning of the show it makes it seem like they were caught off guard and it's Naomi and Sasha's fault they had to change the main event.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I feel the belts only served a purpose for Bayley-Sasha Banks feud.

They should of retire the belts when that feud happened. I felt the concept of the belts wasn't great idea to begin with.

It just feels like belts to push two mid-card women at a time who aren't worth going for main belts.

Well if I was Tonny Kahn I would be having backdoor talks with Sasha offering her a contract that would include letting her go wrestle in Stardom something she really wants to do and let her go off to Hollywood and use her for a couple of big fueds a year.

Like her or not Sasha has it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Pentecost

She's very friendly with FTR as I recall. She takes her wrestling similarly seriously. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see her turn up in AEW eventually but I'm not sure how long she has left on her contract.

Seems to be chatter Sahsa has been released.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,624 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Not confirmed by any of the usual people and wasn’t her contract meant to end anyway in June or July ?

A month later and no plans announced for the titles.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Jeff, Vince, Sasha. Never a dull day following wrestling sca'.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Officer999

Storylines more interesting off screen than they are on screen at the minute!

I know some will scoff at this, but the Kermit poster on Reddit has confirmed it now. And he’s someone who legit has broken stories on Reddit well before others. He’s blatantly someone inside WWE cause once he says something is happening, it’s ways happened.

So when he says she’s gone, she’s gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Thoughts go out to Michael Cole at this difficult time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭ThePott

Interestingly he also posted then deleted that they were clearing house at Smackdown, whatever that means.

As for Michael Cole... Could it be? It is! It's... Loss time! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 39,624 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Even if Sasha is gone, I have to say her fans on twitter are one weird bunch of people. Just as a glance they seem very defensive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,374 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Wrestling Inc’s Raj Giri, who first broke the news last week about Sasha Banks being released from her WWE contract, took to Twitter last night to explain what may be going on and why she is still listed internally on WWE’s roster.

Giri stated that she was released on June 10th via Erika Schreiber, VP of Business and Legal Affairs for Talent Relations. Giri added that the rumor is that the company is trying to smooth things over, which would explain why she’s still listed internally and on the WWE.com roster page.

For what it’s worth, Stephanie McMahon is a huge Sasha Banks fan and this could be Stephanie trying to work things out rather than letting Banks go and having her potentially sign with another wrestling company.

No update on Naomi though?

Stephanie did create womens wrestling tbf so no better person to convince her to stay.

In all seriousness, Stephanie could convince her to stay but at the end of the day it's still going to be Vince, Bruce etc in charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,916 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Wow shocked about Naomi

And poor Ali is still there and cannot get his release

Sasha wants 30k per appearance at conventions that is her asking price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭ThePott

That sounds worse than it is tbh. Big cons give guarantees in the tens of thousands to celebrities. Low level celebrities might get something under ten grand but anyone that is a name will get a healthy guarantee up-front. Some of the bigger names on the Con circuit can take in 50,000 to 100,000 just for showing up.

In the case of Sasha Banks she has extra cache for having been in the Mandalorian. Specifically talking about C2E2, they're getting the publicity of having her first non-WWE appearance. She's also one of the biggest current names in wrestling, has a die-hard fanbase and doesn't do many appearances. It's a justified price if you're famliar with the con circuit. I'd imagine we got a look at CM Punk's guarantee it wouldn't be far off either.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

If she can get 30 grand she's worth 30 grand.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

The norm for these big professional conventions is that either they pay the celeb a big fee (+ expenses) or they pay a lower fee and let the celeb make extra cash from signings/pics. This is why you'll see relatively big names appear at smaller events (and how smaller events can attract big names).

I say fair play to Sahsa in not being afraid to ask for a good fee, she's a big star and deserves a big payday.

Advertisement