Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spotify Family.. Anyone interested? [Threads Merged] [Mod Note in OP]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Eemia

Going to start up a group - 2 spots gone already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭podge3

I have 2 spots available, running 5 years now. Payment by Paypal.

Edit - all spots filled now.

Post edited by podge3 on

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭rightman

Hello @Eemia ,

Do you have any spots still available? Thank you for reply.

Will confirm later as just waiting on payment from everyone on list. Thank you.

23/03/23 - EDIT - All spots filled. Cant edit original post for some reason.

Post edited by Eemia on

• Advertisement

Hi All,

While I'm waiting for a reply from @Eemia and in case there's no slot available I'm ready to create a new Group.

Please let me know if interested and I'll get things moving ASAP. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Snopake

I have one slot left starting 6th April

Hi All,

If I get few Users interested in joining a relialble spotify family group I'll create one in no time 😀

Please reach out to me if you have any interest. Thank you. 🎵🎵🎼

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭devil-80

1 space available. Payment via revolut.

Running 3 years already.

Pm if interested.

ALL SPOTS GONE.

Post edited by devil-80 on

• Registered Users Posts: 16 pirron

I see no one mentions spliiit website. It's a French site for people to share subscriptions (including Spotify). Even though they are French they accept Irish-based accounts among many other EU countries. They are 4.8 stars on Trustpilot with almost 3K reviews.

I would imagine it would be one of the most practical solutions. It only misses exposure...

I've seen no shared Spotify accounts available from Ireland but plenty from France.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Orphaned (again!) :D

Looking to join a family ..please

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭travist

The Spliiit website redirects to Spotify for terms and conditions, Spotify includes some content about being in the same geographical location. I'd presume you would have to get a family in Ireland via Spliiit?

Disregarding Spliiit, how long do the families here usually last before some sort of geo or IP check causes them to disconnect?

Yes, the idea is to do it via spliiit among only Irish accounts.

This way there is no worry about trust or replacing people who cancel, etc.

I didn't read through the whole thread but I've seen some mentions of creating an account with P. O. box address or some postal service point address. Don't know if people did that and it worked or not but seems worth a try. I don't know how stringent Spotify is about countering people sharing family plans. Maybe grouping people from the same region where the P. O. box is (same county or city) would be enough?...

I could start the ball rolling if I get at least 2 more people interested.

I didn't realize you were asking how reliable the sharing is through this thread. I just came across it yesterday, so I have no idea... Maybe someone who tried already can comment.

I just thought of spliiit or a similar service (although I'm not aware of any other) as being an obvious solution, and I'm surprised no one mentioned it yet.

Post edited by pirron on

• Registered Users Posts: 29 happy hurler

Any free spots

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Rojo

Also looking for a spot. Feel free to PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

I'm here too so that makes it 3 by my count

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

Got one space . 6 months at a time pay by revolut

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Streifi

I'd be interested in 2 or 3 spaces (depending on what works) if there is still space?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,086 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Mod note - poster banned due to repeated scam behaviour.

Post edited by Sheep Shagger on

None of the replies were to my post so I don't count them as interested in "spliiit" solution. I count only you so far. If others are more clear that they like my idea I will count them in too.

I have more time on Tuesday so one more volunteer and I will make it happen then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

I'm interested will pop you a message

Ok, done!

You can find the subscription on spliiit website. The way I did it is to use search and then specify Ireland for the country. From what I can see I'm the only one there right now from Ireland for Spotify plans.

I made it public so whoever has the account can join but I'm guessing most people interested will come from this thread.

If I understand it right it's all automatic and secure from here. I've made a new account and set it up with the postal service in the middle of Ireland (Athlone). I didn't do any research about Spotify cracking on non-residential addresses so it might be short-lived.

I guess time will tell but as long as you run it for at least 2 weeks you'll get the value compared to a solo subscription.

My nickname on spliiit is the same as here...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,974 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

If anyone has a spot in a family group, I'd be interested in joining.

I can't edit the post and failed to share crucial information: there are 5 spots available for €3 each.

I don't post the link because I don't know if it's allowed and don't want to be blocked but following the information provided it should be easy to find it with 2 searches...

• Registered Users Posts: 1 silverlining6000

Looking to join a family if anyone has any places open? I can pay with PayPal.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

Setting up ‘family’ 36€ 1yr payable by revolut, pm if interested

Over a week has passed and there is 0 response about the family sharing plan via spliiit website.

Again, there are 5 slots available for 3 euros per month. If there is no interest the cancellation will happen on 17.05. I will keep the account running until 17.06 - which is 1 day before the billing date - only if I have at least 3 subscribers in hopes of filling the plan with the remaining 2 the following month. If that is also not accomplished the subscription will be cancelled at the end of the next billing cycle (17.07).

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭CyaL8r

I have a slot available on my long term family available. €36/yr payable either Revolut, PayPal or Bank transfer. Family have been going successfully for over 5yrs

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭RickyBobby1

Looking for two spots if any going?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,045 ✭✭✭Guffy

Advertisement