Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,167 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Was nice driving in this morning at 6.30am and it being bright, love catching the morning light coming in, such a shame its to be followed by yet more rain.

Have a sinus/headcold thing going on myself so will be lashing coffee & sinutab in for the day. So glad now its a short week and finish up tomorrow.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

There are awful bugs going around at the minute. I had one sent home from school on Monday morning sick with a high temperature & headache. Took a full 24 hours to get the temperature to stay down & he was still fairly miserable. He was just starting to feel right, when the eldest started coughing. Now she is coughing up a lung (negative antigen TF!) & just so they didn't miss out on the fun, the smallest decided to get up and roam around the house for 2 hours in the middle of the night 😭

We have Lá Glas at school today as there is in-service tomorrow, so I also had the joy of facepaint at 8am this morning! Nothing like facepaint & dress up to tip you over the edge on a school morning 😵🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭jellybear

Oh @CheerLouth that sounds like a nightmare! Hope they're feeling better soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭pigtail33

What a horrible day out there. Had to pop out at lunch time and the combination of wind and rain makes me very angry! The blustery wind kept catching in my umbrella. Defo a day for staying put and watching it from the comfort and warmth of the couch. A nice mug of hot chocolate wouldn't go astray either.

Hope the junior elves are all feeling better soon.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Ooooh hot chocolate. What a splendid idea. 😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭tscul32

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Rain rain go away. Another rough day weather wise!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,445 ✭✭✭Heroditas

I thought it was going to be a nice day today. Up at 6.20 and out the door at 6.40 to get the bus to work and was admiring how much brighter it was this morning.

Come 9am I was looking out the window in the kitchen in work making my coffee and bemoaning how miserable it was out on the street

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The toy show will look significantly different this year as Ryan Tubridy has announced he is stepping down as the Late Late show host.

End of an era, I can't say I enjoy the late late show or Tubs' presenting style but I did warm to him on the toy show.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭jellybear

Wonder who the new host will be! I'd love to see someone like Amy Huberman take over. It would bring a much needed breath of fresh air to the LLS!

ETA- I'm sure it'll be someone well established in RTE. Already seeing Claire Byrne being mentioned a lot.

• Advertisement

One of my mates in RTE had told me (but swore me to not post it anywhere) a few weeks back, I had mentioned him being the best toy show presenter they ever had & he mentioned that last years was his last.

Be interesting to see who takes over, Miriam? Daithi? or some lesser known candidate? Either way an end of an era after 14 years in the seat.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭BK5

Happy St. Patrick's Day One and All! ☘️☘️☘️

Happy St Patrick's Day - may the rain hold off until after whatever parade you may be attending 🎩🍀🌈💰

• Registered Users Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Happy St. Patricks day to everyone from a very rainy Cork - starting to wonder if we will ever get a rain free day again.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Happy St Patrick’s Day!!! 🍀🍀🍀🍀 Lashing rain here but that’s not going to dampen my spirits 🍀🍀🍀

Oh god no not Amy Huberman, I find she tries too hard to be funny and it doesn’t work

Happy St. Patrick's day folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,445 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Happy St Patrick's Day!!! 🎉

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Have a great day, everyone!! ☘️ 🇮🇪 ☘️ 🇮🇪

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭BK5

Off to the home place today to meet up with my brother and a couple of cousins to watch the rugby in the pub. Can't beat a long weekend.

• Advertisement

Happy Weekend 🎉🎉🎉🎉

Went to the pub to watch the rugby. Have to say the first 60 minutes were kinda boring. But thankfully it picked up. Was great to see it all the same.

Looking forward to the World Cup now.

Happy Grand Slam Patrick’s Mother weekend.

Happy Mothers Day

Happy slam, and mother's day!

Was at the match yesterday, throat is in bits this morning, don't ever remember screaming and shouting so much at any match of any sport before.

Sinus infection didn't thank me either, could be a rough few days ahead!

Ah man I would have loved to have been there. I say the atmosphere was electric. The crowd seemed flat on tv for a lot of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,035 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

It was far from flat in the stadium! We were in a very strange section. Almost nobody was wearing rugby jerseys or even team colours. That's never happened before. I hate when it feels like people went to say they were there when so many genuine fans couldn't get tickets.

Nowhere near flat where we were, noise was incredible throughout, definitely nervy for spells though so maybe it came across as disjointed or suchlike on TV. The noise for sheehans 2nd try was incredibly loud!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

My OH had people around on Saturday, we were the only Irish there, the husbands were mostly from South Africa. I was up and down on the couch stressed out watching it.

Feeling pretty rough the last few weeks so need some Christmas spirit to perk me back up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I loved being off on Friday but a bank holiday weekend where you work the Monday seems unnecessarily cruel.

At least Easter has the good grace to give us both. Only 3 weeks to go now. Love the run of bank holidays this time of year.

Advertisement