Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭BK5

England will try their usual and bully us next week alright, don't think this Ireland team can be bullied though. like France we are playing at a speed and level way above England.

Thought Ringrose was in serious trouble when he went down, glad he seems to be ok by the latest news.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Looked nasty alright. Hopefully some of the players who went off injured will be available however with only 6 day turn around will be close for some , if any. Hooker a particular worry however we now have good cover is pretty much all areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Just looking at the rain out the window, another horrid day and it did look for a brief moment like it was going to improve. Hope it's drier by this evening as we've soccer & GAA

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭tscul32

Skies have just opened here. That is HEAVY rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭pigtail33

I'm in the office today, so I went for a nice walk along the canal. Had lovely sunshine for most of it. Was only back in the office 5/10 mins and the rain started. That was a lucky escape!

• Advertisement

Finally got out for a lunchtime walk with the OH as both WFH today, got soaked!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,814 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Me too, decided to take a chance at lunchtime and got absolutely drenched to the skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,162 ✭✭✭✭DvB

I was so lucky, ended up on a call which meant I took my lunch a few minutes late, went to head out for a quick stroll and the rain started about 20 metres from the office so I turned straight back & avoided a soaking. Some of the others in here were less fortunate and got drenched. Looks like we could have a few more days of this weather too.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 5,807 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Eldest is suppose to be in the local parade. Checking the weather and is saying rain all day at the minute 😒

• Advertisement

For very selfish reasons I'm hoping the weather is pants. The OH wants to bring the elves into town.....I think they are still too young....plus I'd rather put pins in my eyes.

A local parade I could handle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

One of ours asked if we could go to the parade in Dublin, it was a hard no from me, I'm afraid. We'll go to the local one if the weather is not utterly desperate. And even at that, it is a lot of standing and waiting around...although to be fair, they had a lot of entrants in the Drogheda one last year. Not sure if that was an anomaly given it was the first post-covid year & everyone was just delighted to be out of the house

I know it's not the same thing as being there but they have zero interest of watching it when we put it on tv. I just know the youngest will be bored within 15 mins (maximum) and want to leave.

Then having to deal with busy darts and the usual "wildlife" the idea alone is making me shudder.

Brought my youngest lad to look at a couple of cars today and on the way it was just lashing down. Rain eased off after we got there and we had a chance to have a look. He's getting a nice little Fiesta next week.

Proud day for a Dad to see his son get his first car. 😊

Fiesta's are a great car!! I had mine for 15 yrs only got rid of her as couldn't get the isofix bars fitted for carseats.

They are being discontinued I think?

My first ever car was a Fiesta, t'was a 1.1l petrol with no power steering and handled like a hippo on valium, but it was great as a first car, couldn't lose the run of yourself at all. They look a lot better these days too. Best of luck to your young lad with it!!

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Would be a hard no from me as well. OH mentioned it last year and I just listed all the reason why not and I think she agreed in the end. Local one, is fine and actually looking forward to it if the weather plays ball.

Yeah, nice clean little car and only 60hp so it will take him 15 minutes to get up any speed ha ha.

Don't underestimate the nippiness of the fiesta.....I had to ban Queen in mine as I got a touch carried away and then an awful shock when I looked at the speedometer 😂 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭pigtail33

I used to live 10 mins walk from Parnell Square, where the Dublin parade starts and I went to it one year. People were arriving with step ladders, to be able to see over the crowds. There's no-one announcing where each group is from, so unless you happen to see the banners, you don't know who they are. I'm glad I went once, but from now on, it'll be the local parade with the few tractors and walking groups for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭tscul32

We've done the local parade for years, been in it a few times too with local groups. When we were kids we always went in to town for the big parade but there were half the people at it as now. Parked at my dad's office i think and viewed around Merrion Square. I'd like to have brought the kids in but couldn't be doing with the crowds.

Nice bright crisp morning here, had a look at the forecast though and it looks like turning by 10.00am to wet and miserable... forecast for the rest of the week is consistent with wet the order of the day by the looks of it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Wasn’t too bad of a day weather wise today in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭antimatterx

I'm still so cold hahaha. I had my hot water bottle on my lap after lunch and the stove has been on all evening.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Yes, it was a nice day in the end but lord, it is freezing!! I can't wait to get into my snuggly bed. 😴

Can live with the cold, just hope the rain stays away.

Bit of frost on the windscreen this morning so anyone travelling just take a little care.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,384 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

This miserable weather is such a mood killer.

The little google weather graphic is saying rain all the next 7 days. Cold is fine, showers is fine but this intermittent drizzle where you don't get a good dry spell in a day is driving me mad.

Yep, seems like constant rain/drizzle these days.

In the office again today and was raining as I got off the bus. Miserable looking in the town now.

Bring back dry February!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭jellybear

Rain is not helping my mood...up practically all night with our little one. Nasty cough and headcold. She can thank her brother for that! Husband also has it so I'm on nurse duty....the joys!! I'm a massive germaphobe so this is like torture to me 🤣

Sorry for the moan!! In positive news, I just demolished a mini egg bar with my cup of tea- twas delicious!

Advertisement