Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 happyguitar

I'll add to the string of blue watches.

Stowa 2824 TOP with polished rhodium hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

Well, if we're doing blue dials...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

If handwinding it works fine then the actual power train bits are OK, mainspring etc. It sounds like some part of the automatic module alright Fulla. A loose screw could misallign the rotor so it "jams" against the case, or something has gone askew in the gears that transfer the rotor power to the mainspring. Can you hear/feel the rotor moving around? Rolex movements are built like tanks on steroids so I'd be surprised if something was physically broken. It may never have been serviced since new and old grease has lost its usefulness and there's just too much friction going on for it to autowind properly. Handwinding puts a lot more torque into the system than the little rotor which would overcome that.

If it's still under warranty I'd send it back myself. Anyone local is going to (rightfully) insist on a general service and if anything is broken the Rolex name means spares are going to be pricey.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

Thanks Wibbs,

No I can't hear the rotor at all. I'll get in touch with the guys I bought it from and see what they say. They had said it had been checked by their watchmaker before it was sent to me, but who knows.

FdP

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Speaking of blue. Must be a trend today.

Pic from a while back, but I'm in lazy Monday mode. 😁

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Blue, you say?

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Foreign Sports

Blue Monday 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭Ryath

Blue Waffle! (Don't google that!)

Really like the Samurai case but I'm not mad about the bezel on it. I've a few cheaper watches I really should sell but this is one I should probably flip for one of the Save the Ocean versions with ceramic bezel. I could mod it I suppose, I do like the dial but I like things OEM.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Ian OB

I regret not heeding your warning

• Registered Users Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭Ryath

They've cleaned up the image search then, definitely used to a be a few images I never want to see again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Those of old enough to remember when that trend started, still retch a bit when we think of it 😉🤣

Amazingly, one time I was trying to book Blue Moose for a gig, guess where Google autocorrect landed me 🤢🤮

• Registered Users Posts: 4,801 ✭✭✭griffin100

More blue

Yes I know the date is wrong but it makes no difference as I’m too blind to see the window. Never thought I’d say this but I’m loving the cyclops date window on my Prospex as I can actually see the date easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭mondeo

Got bored trying to buy a Moonswatch so I bought this instead. All stainless steel, Seiko VK63 movt, sapphire and ceramic bezel. Probably a better buy if I'm being honest. Not bothered at all with the MoonSwatch now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭C0N0R

Are moonswatches still hard to come by? Stopped taking notice once I picked mine up

• Registered Users Posts: 8,579 ✭✭✭micks_address

Seem to be and seen a moonshine one on adverts for 1500...

I spent the past few months trying to get one, not officially sold In Ireland so you have to buy abroad somewhere. They are ultimately a plastic watch with a plastic crystal and a €10 movement. The input Omega has on it is interesting but it's not an Omega, it is a Swatch. Knowing this I still tried to buy one purely for the Speedmaster look.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,262 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭scwazrh

I don’t think they are .just not available here but plenty on chrono for within 50 quid of retail . I was in Madrid for the weekend and the swatch store had them all except dark blue , light grey and dark grey.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,942 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Interesting, I'm in London in a few weeks, will check it out.

I did similar purchasing to Mondeo... Something to keep me going until bigger purchases...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭H_Lime

Looks cleaner and accentuates the main thing about that watch, the case!

A turtle Bezel (not insert) pops right on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭H_Lime

Liking my titanium so much I bought the skx case to go with my turtle.

All seiko bits inside. This one's a keeper and is 0spd on wrist.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭mailforkev

I don't want to crap on how anyone spends their hard-earned, but even though they're fairly rubbish, at least a Moonswatch is honest. Unlike Pagani Design which might as well have Rotex or Omeda written on them.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,942 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I definitely see your point.

The idea behind my purchase was that I tried on a blue seamaster and I liked it, but I wasn't 100% convinced that I'd actually wear it on a lot of occasions.

I chose to spend just over 100 on that one so I could basically try it out before committing to a few k purchase.

As is stands I do like it in it's own right and I'm not worried about wearing it, I'm pretty sure I'll be getting a Speedy instead for good wear.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,579 ✭✭✭micks_address

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Some of the Pagani's are pretty decent watches, even excellent considering the price. You just need to get your head around the homage v copy issue.

For 100 Euro, who cares what it is lol. If it tells the time and functions as it is meant to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Just on the moonswatch availability again . I watched Nico's latest youtube and he was in the Swatch store in Times square .They also had all models available except the dark blue and the two greys .So seems like those colours are either hugely in demand or being produced at a lower quantity .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭mailforkev

I threw my head into the Swatch store in San Fran in January as I was walking past it and they had nothing. Although they were getting regular restocks so you just had to be lucky with your timing. I'd have probably picked up one of the grey versions if they had any.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Fitz II

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,945 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Advertisement