Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post pics of your watches Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

Hello folks,

I've been browsing this forum the past few weeks having recently taken an interest in watches.

I know feck all about watches but I picked this up after seeing a video on YouTube about watches that suits a skinny wrist... It's nothing fancy or expensive but I really love it.

Timex Marlin

• Registered Users Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Welcome 🤗 to the nicest corner of boards and a very nice start you've made.

Don't worry about knowing anything, we work as a hive mind here and there's always someone to answer a question or give an opinion. Only problem with this place? Watches are case of more & fecking more 🤣

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,942 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Slope? T'is a feckin' cliff. 😂

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,942 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

My latest addition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

Welcome, @IrishGrimReaper

Nice catch.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

Wearing this today while enjoying a walk in the sun earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

That's nice, the typography is lovely and the spacing is well thought out. I also like the hands tapering inward from a fat end. Lovely elegant watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,579 ✭✭✭micks_address

I went ahead and bought the blue seamaster on adverts. I was a bit cautious about it as the seller mentioned it was running slow and bought in Asia but to be fair they had good feedback and were up front about it. I figured it might need a service so that was factored into the price we agreed but to be honest I've worn it the last 24 hours and it hasn't lost anything noticeable. Condition is excellent apart from some clasp swirls. The bracelet was a little dirty so could probably benefit from a clean but it's fine for now. This is the 3rd seamaster I've had, the Goldeneye quartz, the latest reference and now this. Think this might be my favourite but that's probably new girlfriend early days talk. I do wish the clasp had even one micro adjustment but I've managed to get a pretty good fit. I might invest in the newer adjustable clasp at some point but I'll wait and see if I keep the watch for a while first! I'm going to leave it on the bracelet. It's very comfortable, probably more so than the newer ref which I found a bit sharp in terms of its structure. The blue on this is really nice. Boxed with cards and all bracelet links with tags and receipt. Happy out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

Well wear, that's a cracker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

I literally gave away the Goldeneye to unkel few years ago. Silly really. It's a 2k watch every day now with condition box and cards. The newer ref I sold on chrono24. At least more of less broke even on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Rule one : If Unkle wants it your selling it too cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭fulladapipes

I had 30 minutes to kill this morning so took a look in Paul Sheeran's new watch emporium. It is pretty slick. Not one, but two bars in it. It was a bit early even for my morning wine though.

I tried on the new Black Bay 54 (37mm) and a 41mm Black Bay navy (the original one with the black dial). Both were fine. I could see myself wearing them, or not.

The surprise like for me was in Panerai of all brands. The Luminor Quarante (PAM01272), their new(ish) 40mm. It was pretty cool, very legible and great lume. No bracelet unfortunately, but good wide leather strap.

FdP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭H_Lime

Delighted with it and seems I got a good one (+2spd, 317amp, 0.1. beat error). This is fortunate as the H10 has a free sprung balance and is above my paygrade regulation wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,869 ✭✭✭893bet

Sunny

• Registered Users Posts: 3,544 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

@893bet that’s divine.

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,869 ✭✭✭893bet

Looking at it I am questioning why I am selling as it’s one of very few chronos that will fit my narrow size requirements.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

How much was the Panerai?

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

Having seen this in the flesh... 😍

To paraphrase the words of the doyen of Dad's (swap "money" for watches😉)

Post edited by banie01 on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,410 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Is it 39mm?

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

It's 38mm I think, but the dial wears larger as there's no rotating or tachymetric bezel.

Really beautiful dial and hands, elegant but very functional IMO.

Good lume on the seamaster

I was out this morning for a quick coffee and a look at a watch with another member of the parish.

I took along a few watches he didn't see last time we met up. Not quite heavy hitters but by Christ did it end up a surprisingly heavy watch roll🤣

1st thing I did when I got back home? Was swap the U2 to a rubber, the omega to a turas leather and the IWC over to an AP leather.

Put the seamaster on an Erika's NATO I had lying around while Im waiting for an ultra sonic cleaner from Amazon.. it's only 19mm but is fine. Looking forward to see the dirt come off the bracelet.. few links have what look to be suncream or something on them

That strap really does suit that watch.

I managed to get my Astronaut back from the youngfella yesterday! He has had it commandeered for quite a while. Added back in the removed links(he has lady wrists 🤣🤷‍♀️) and back on the wrist this morning.

It's a marmite watch but it is one I do smile at every time I wear.

Big fan of the marine nationale style strap

Very comfy.

The ultrasonic cleaner is a winner. It's majorly satisfying and simultaneously gross watching a grey haze of dirt immediately cavitate into suspension the second it's turned on...

My carbs all get a bath in this, one at a time that is. Leaves everything squeeky clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭jefferson73

Saw a nice Blancpain on the Weirs Posts, my Helson hommage.

The ETA movement is pretty cool IMO.

Looks awesome, what's the lug to lug on it do you know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭jefferson73

thank you.

52.35 mm i believe

Case: 316L Surgical Stainless Steel

Movement: ETA 2824-2 25 Jewel Automatic

Lume: C3 Lume

Lens: Double Domed Acrylic

Case Back: Screwdown

Strap: Rubber Tropical Strap + Nylon NATO

Water Res.: 200m

Dimensions: 41mm, 52.35mm lug-to-lug,