Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing BBC Channels on Free to Air box

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Iceman99

Hi again

Attached are shots of my tv as I tried the frequencies for ITV3 & 4 HD but I get no signal. This is also the case with bbc 3 and 4 hd

Also it seems when I tune in one set of channels it seems to stop another set from working. I have knocked out the channel 5 set many times while tuning in others from the king of sat site. Am I doing something wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,258 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Out of curiosity did you do a network scan first to pick up new tps and then scanned 28.2.

What are signal and level readings on other channels as thinking should be 90+

• Registered Users Posts: 4,540 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

By the looks of them pics you are editing an existing TP not a new one which may explain why you lost stuff before. You need to ADD a new TP (green button) using the specs I listed above. You may need to SAVE after the scan.

Can you tell us the make and model number so someone can check the correct procedure. I'm a bit concerned it does not offer the other reqd settings such as DVB-S2. Is it an old set?

Looks like a Triax photo as mine looked similar

Hi

I'm using an EDISION PICCOLLINO S2+T2/C combi box.

Sorry I'm not very familiar with all this stuff, but I think I get what you mean, is it that I'm turning in over an existing TP as opposed to creating a new one, thus the reason I come back to my favourites list and a bunch of channels are gone again?

If so that makes more sense, I will try creating a new one for each new frequency and see what happens.

Much appreciate the help sir.

Thanks

John

• Advertisement

Hi

Well I did try to do that, truthful not exactly knowing what I was doing and it seemed to hang after 30mins so I gave up.

All other channels are certainly 90 +, I think as Gerry suggested I've been changing frequencies to existing TPs which has me going around in circles, it's starting to all make sense now.

I will try ye olde Green tp button and see what happens.

Thanks

If there is a new transponder your box does not know as i said you need to search first for the TPS which can take time and it counts up to the maximum maybe 160? let it find them and it takes time.

When it knows the new tps then you full scan 28.2

Ahh i see Dave an old video out there

EDISION PICCOLLINO S2+T2/C combi box.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_NUTX4HH-w

A full network or blind scan could take ~30 mins. The Zgemma takes over 20 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭martin6651

Gerry sorted thanks

Well, I added a new tp with the green button and entered the frequency but still have no signal:(

• Advertisement

Like I mentioned above, I'm a bit concerned that it does not offer the choice of some important settings. It's hard for me to tell if it just tries all the different variations or simply cant handle them. Perhaps, if someone else here recognises the software, they could chip in. If you can tell us the make and model it might also help. In particular, it should ask for DVB-S or DVB-S2. If it's very old it may not know how to handle DVB-S2.

Have you got any BBC HDs working? Can you get NHK Japanese news channel?

Hi there,

I think the specs below are for my box. It seems it does cover the DVB S & S2.

So far I have got BBC 1 & 2 and ITV 1 & 2 all in HD.

• Digital Combo Receiver for Satellite DVB-S/S2, Terrestrial DVB-T/T2 and Cable DVB-C chamnels also with H265/HEVC format
    • Resolution: 480p, 576p, 720p/50Hz, 720p/60Hz, 1080i/50Hz, 1080i/60Hz, 1080p/50Hz, 1080p/60Hz TV Standard
    • Includes 2-in-1 IR remote control for the receiver and 5 TV functions.
    • Card Reader
    • Ethernet RJ45 10/100 Mbps port

I don't know if I have the Japanese channel you mentioned as I'm not home right now.

All I can say is a created a new tp and entered the frequency the bars at the bottom didn't go up and turn green and yellow. I will do a full scan of all the tps (168) and see what's what.

Thanks very much

Post edited by Iceman99 on

The link for scanning on the video on my previous post

Cheers @greasepalm not sure why I thought it was a TV he was having issues with. Too many similar threads to follow perhaps or just going senile 😁

😂

Well I did say in my first post I was using an Edison box.

Sorry for all the questions.

First post was another user 😁 but we got there i think unless you went 2 steps backwards.

Lol well I was referring to MY first post hehe.

So far I can't get the HD Channels 3 & 4 for BBC and ITV.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

It didn't look right to me either. But it seems to be correct, as per the video guides on FreeTV, How to Manually Tune In a Satellite Channel.

If there is no signal on a valid transponder, it must be something to do with the LNB?

https://www.freetv.ie/combo-box/

Success!

I tried again this evening and every HD channel tuned in perfectly ITV & BBC.

I greatly appreciate your help and patience gentlemen!

John

• Registered Users Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭amandstu

Thanks.I looked there and found BBC NEWS on 10803 .

That worked but I hear it is just Standard Definition even though the listing on that site is bang up to date.

Is there any new listing for BBC NEWS HD or will I just have to wait for it to go down again before there is a new listing that has new specs for just the HD incarnation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

It's on 11023 H. The HD channels are all shown in green.

I was wondering why I didn't have that anymore. Did they change the frequency for More4 Film4+1 Channel 4+1 E4+1? They are the only other channels I can't get even using the Frequencys on lyngsat

Chances are you nuked the existing TPs

More Four, CH4+1, e4+1, Film4+1 10936 V 22000 5/6 DVB-S QPSK

More Four +1 10715 H 22000 5/6 DVB-S QPSK

Look here if you find more missing https://en.kingofsat.net/freqs.php?pos=28.2E&standard=All&ordre=freq&filtre=Clear

Thanks Gerry

I just got them back before I read your message. I was also able to get BBC news back on 11024 H 23000 but it doesn't seem to be HD

11024 should be HD news.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭amandstu

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

All of my FTA channels gone this morning. just blank, ive tried retuning and nothing, when i got to sat search its only offering astra 1 or astra 4 no other astra sats, i have other satellite options but not astra.

What box and are you getting a 0% signal.

Sat should say 28.2

I was looking at a box with no signal and awaiting on a sat installer to check dish and lnbs.

Sudden loss of everything sounds like a hardware failure. If you can borrow a known working box, try that to confirm if the dish/LNB are in good order or try your box on another known good dish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TAFKAlawhec

I'm a bit late replying to this (sorry!) but there is the Technomate TM-5402 Mk4 satellite receiver that was launched in 2021 which includes a SCART output (inc. RGB) as well as an analogue TV modulator (UHF channels 21-69). It's most recent software update was back in September last year.

I have the receiver myself and IMO with the most recent firmware updates it works quite well for a non-E2 receiver, in fact it feels very much like a standard FTA receiver from a decade or more ago in terms of usability but with more modern features implemented (obviously DVB-S2 & 1080p HD capability, but also h.265/AVC capable up to 1080p, multistream & T2-MI compatible too) while retaining legacy features like the RGB SCART and analogue RF modulator outputs that otherwise few other new receivers on the market still have. When it was launched user reviews on a couple of other fourms I frequent suggested it was quite buggy, but Technomate seems to have put nearly everything right with more recent firmware updates.

It's not a dirt cheap DVB-S2 receiver, the lowest price I've seen available for a new box is UK£100 with stocks currently low (though more are supposedly in production) but it is a good receiver IMO especially if things like SCART & an RF modulator are still of importance to you.

Advertisement