Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing BBC Channels on Free to Air box

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,270 ✭✭✭Tork

Thanks for all your help.

I'm also glad to hear they've finally stopped moving the SD channels around. I'm the one my parents call when their channels disappear...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Quitelife

Can i ask a slightly different Question...i have the sky Q box but in past 2 weeks my BBC added channels aint working...frequencey codes must have changed...

it was BBC Channel Islands & BBC South West i used watch ...if anyone has new frequencies be great

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Its BBC South West I was looking for. I'm going to do a new channel search and sort at the weekend hoping to get BBC South West back - old LG TV so it takes a lot of work and hence why I was waiting for the Beeb to finish messing around.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,500 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

That would be great if I ever worked out how to manually tune an old LG TV?

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Sigma101

If the TV has a SCART connection it's probably a number of years old. If you think the TV might be due for replacement in the next couple of years, it might be worth considering replacing the TV now with one that has a built-in satellite tuner. Then you could do away with the box altogether. Just a thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,270 ✭✭✭Tork

You don't know my parents 🤣 The TV will literally have to die before they entertain thoughts of moving on from what they have. They're the ultimate "if it ain't broke don't fix it" people. The BBC moving the SD channels around is the first time they've even considered upgrading anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Quitelife

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Gru

What would be a decent cheap satellite box for the BBC HD channels? My grandmother's receiver can't seem to scan in the updated frequencies annoyingly (its ancient) so it looks like it's time to upgrade. Tv already has hdmi slots so should work with any box.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,659 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

If the TV has a satellite tuner, you can plug the cable from the dish directly into the TV, and scan the channels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Are you just trying an automatic scan or are you entering the details manually. If automatic, there's a good chance the box wont know the newer settings. Either do a "network scan" or "blind scan" if those options are available or better still manually enter the necessary settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭martin6651

I was missing BBC4 so I went into setup and changed the transponder to 10803 H 22000 and did a scan BBC4 ended up in a bouquet called last scanned How do I move it to my main bouquet

The BBC Four version on 10803 is a temporary SD one. You need to scan 10818 V 23000 3/4 DVB-S2 8PSK after 7PM for the HD version. Once you have it in the Last Scanned list, highlight the channel, press MENU and ADD SERVICE TO BOUQUET. Choose the required bouquet from the list and hit OK.

You may find it added to the bottom of the selected list. If so, go to that list, again highlight the channel and press MENU. This time choose ENABLE MOVE MODE. Press OK and the name should turn red. Using the UP/DOWN arrows move the channel to the required location in that list. When happy, press MENU again and DISABLE MOVE MODE. The name should revert to its normal colour in the new location.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,142 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

I have the revez free to air box + an aerial for the terrestrial stations. Lately my rte's, virgin etc are barely working. I've done an automatic scan but still the same.any suggestions?

Thanks Gerry

• Registered Users Posts: 5,261 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Did you do a network scan for new tps and box is setup to your location?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Gru

Hi Gerry and Dxhound, thanks for the advice. The Tv didn't have a tuner itself and the box didnt allow me scan the freuency i needed so went with a Manhattan sx box which has done the job nicely in place of the older box. Very easy set up and uses WiFi to generate the epg for all the bbcs, itvs etc.

Thanks again!

Manhattan SX is a Freesat receiver, it downloads the Freesat EPG from a separate transponder, 11426 H, on that same group of Astra satellites.

Gerry I tried to scan using the info you provided and found no channels

make sure you are entering the correct settings. It is very easy to hit 22000 when you need 23000. BBC Four HD may not show before 7PM

10818 V 23000 3/4 DVB-S2 8PSK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Iceman99

Hi there,

I believe BBC is gone HD so you have to manually scan. Below is a copy of an email from a local tv sat provided who kindly replied to my enquiry regarding me not having any of the channel 5 variations. And after tuning the frequency provided many other channels stopped working, such as Horror, legends, Great Movies etc. I was able to tune them back in but then all the channel 5 bunch stopped working. I had all the itvs in HD but then they stopped working. I'm pulling my hair out with this EDISION PICCOLLINO S2+T2/C box.

Anyhow below are the Frequencys they provided but I can't get them all to work. Any help greatly appreciated.

BBC one and two NI standard are no longer available.

BBC Two NI HD

Use these parameters to tune in:

• Frequency: 12168
    • Symbol rate SR: 27500
    • Polarisation: Vertical

Channel 5 HD/ 5 USA/ 5 Star/ 5 Action/ 5 Select

• Frequency: 11305 or 11306
    • Symbol rate SR: 27500
    • Polarisation: Horizontal

ITV2 HD

• Frequency: 11053
    • Symbol Rate: 23000

ITV3 HD

• Frequency: 11097

ITV4 HD

• Frequency: 11068

Old CBS Justice is now Legends

Use these parameters to tune:

• Frequency: 11344
    • Symbol Rate: 27500

CBeebies HD/ BBC 2 Welsh HD/ Scotland HD

• Frequency: 10810

BBC Parliament/ ALBA

• Frequency: 12421
    • Symbol Rate: 27500

Earth TV

Use these parameters to tune:

• Frequency: 11670

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

BBC Two NI HD changed frequency today to 10.773 H 23.0 3/4

Gerry I tried again and no joy I'm using a Formuler F1. I was able to tune in a Edision box with no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,261 ✭✭✭greasepalm

What i tend to do with new images is to network scan 28.2 and check it on the all list .

Update xml sat channels and run a ABM scan for bouquets.

Possibly on an older Image

Thank you, that works. Does anyone know frequencies for BBC 3 & 4 HD & ITV 1 through 4 HD?

Also can't find Dave & Dave ja vous

TIA

BBC Three HD 10847 V 23000 3/4 DVB-S2 8PSK after 7PM

BBC Four HD 10818 V 23000 3/4 DVB-S2 8PSK after 7PM

ITV 1 HD 12363 V 27500 2/3 DVB-S2 8PSK you may find other regions on other TPs. They don't make it easy by just calling them all ITV1

ITV 2 HD 11053 H 23000 3/4 DVB-S2 8PSK

ITV 3 HD 11097 V 23000 3/4 DVB-S2 8PSK

ITV 4 HD 11068 V 23000 3/4 DVB-S2 8PSK

Dave and Dave Ja Vu 12129 V 27500 5/6 DVB-S QPSK

For future ref bookmark this site https://en.kingofsat.net/freqs.php?pos=28.2E&standard=All&ordre=freq&filtre=Clear

TIP:- if you set it to sort by date, it shows the most recent changes first.

Post edited by Gerry Wicklow on

Many thanks! ;)

MENU>SETUP>TUNERS>MANUAL SCAN select User defined by using the left/right arrows. Likewise for System, Polarization and FEC. You have to enter in the numbers 10818 and 23000 in the appropriate spots then press GREEN to scan. You should see a list of all the channels it found on that TP.

The above is for openVix but openATV should be similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,403 ✭✭✭amandstu

Can anyone tell me the most recent numbers are for BBC News?

A lot of my BBC channels disappeared last night even though I only scanned them a few weeks back.

• Advertisement

Advertisement