Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great British Bake off 2022

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,887 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 30,429 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I think Alison Hammond got the presenting job!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,072 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Oh God, I would not be a fan.

As bad as Matt was, I think she may be worse, unless she seriously tones down the OTT approach she usually has.

Hmmmmm.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

She has a very approachable and friendly nature though, so I'm hoping that she will be someone that the contestants will warm to. Matt just seemed to make them uncomfortable and confused!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

I Like Alison when she is in "normal" mode but agree she can be a bit much when she gets excited. I do think she will fit in well to the Bake Off team and hope this works out for her and for us, looking forward to the return.

I think Alison and Noel could be a good team hosting

• Registered Users Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

The stand up to cancer one is on tonight.

David Schwimmer, jesy nelson, rose Matafeo and Tom Davis.

I "know" David.

19:45 C4

Is she havin a laugh with those nails?

Guaranteed there will also be a hair embedded in that pastry 🤢🤢🤢

• Registered Users Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Her nails were 🤢

I know it’s meant to be a bit of fun but there was no way the American' star' wasn’t going to win

• Advertisement

He was the most consistent though and I've never seen a bench as clean. All his bakes looked edible and from appearance looked the neatest.

I did think Tom may have stolen it with the loo though as that was absolutely fantastic.

Jeepers, they didn't go easy on them, did they?? Hot water crust pastry, and meringues showstoppers 😱

Who on earth is that Jesy one? They rest were at least a bit entertaining while they fecked everything up!

DS was the least worst of them, that's about all that can be said really.

God almighty, I cannot STAND Gemma Collins 😡

A greater waste of fresh air I cannot think of.

The other three are all good fun, I'm just past the signature bake, and assuming Jessica is going to walk this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Not a fan of Gemma Collins either but AJ is worse imo

Oh, I really like her!

I can absolutely see how she'd be very annoying, but for some reason she doesn't bother me at all.

I'm too busy being consumed with annoyance at GC.

Back on topic - I just don't get treacle tarts. They look dry, chewy, stodgy and just generally unappetising.

Mother of Jaysus!!!! 😱

Lucy made me laugh tonight!!

I'd watch and listen to Tom Daley all day and all night 😍

Never heard of the other two, but they made a fair first of all the challenges.

Although there was no showstopper cake that said "showstopper" to me.... I thought Tom's looked the best, but it even looked raw, so I can only imagine how it tasted!

For once it wasn't someone completely running away with the title - refreshing!

Stacey Solomon is not returning to her co-hosting role on Bake Off: The Professionals after joining the show last year.

Instead, she'll be replaced by Ellie Taylor, with the official Twitter account for the show confirming the change on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,429 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Advertisement