Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos taken on your cycle.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,809 ✭✭✭cletus

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

...but it is believed to have been built on the site of an old castle, one attacked by Cromwell's men...

On a separate note, I love that website, @Seth Brundle

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 47,975 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i was on the phone to my mum one day, and told her about that site; i found her old school and started reading out some entries to her, and she was amazed when she realised that the teacher in question had been her teacher - he'd taught her father, and herself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭JMcL

I must resist delving into that as no work would be done - clicking my old primary school brought up the roll book from around 1940 signed by the then principal who I remember playing cards in our house when I were a lad - must have been well in his 80s at that stage

• Advertisement

Derryounce lakes this morning

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 47,975 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Sunday morning gravel/trail/all terrain/whatever

I'm no CX 'er so there was a nice bit of hike a bike. Still managed to get 6th overall in the segment out here. That may be a testament to a lack of people trying to cycle this 😂

No gates today

Post edited by cletus on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭Large bottle small glass

The exit point onto Barry's boreen, 😃

Misjudged the cold this morning and ended up with very cold feet.

On the plus side, I got some surprise gravel

Not a particularly exciting picture, but coming down this lane, the English teacher in me couldn't help but think of Wordsworth

Post edited by cletus on

• Advertisement

I once put nothing on a post graduate exam paper but the entirety of Wordsworth's poem(having learned it in 6th class).

All well and good but the course was Mechanics of Solids 3.

I was going in to collect an F having failed to divert sufficient time to that riveting course material, but I had to sit there for at least 45 mins.

The lecturer Tim Little had a habit of keeping his head to the ground walking around.

At the end of the poem I advised him to keep his head up and enjoy the Daffodils (spring semester exam).

Course leader mentioned my love of poetry at the end of year 😃

😂😂😂😂

@Large bottle small glass What an excellent post. I actually laughed out loud at

All well and good but the course was Mechanics of Solids 3. 

I'm going to try and work that anecdote into a class🤔

That is nice piece of road with the daffodils, regularly cut hedge but decent height for wildlife and the farmers also has left some nice silver birch trees.

It's a stud farm, I think. They tend to look after their hedgerows well (at least up here)

Dear Sir,

Is this a record?

Mise le Meas

M Bastarder

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,337 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

A gate from the wrong side of the tracks

Testing out the new, now cancelled, greenway.

Is this the proposed Rosslare to Waterford greenway? I'd missed it was being canned - last I heard they were forging ahead with it. I always feel sorry for tourists on bikes coming off the ferry onto the sh1t show that is the N25 out of Rosslare.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭wheelo01

While I wasn't actually Cycling at the time, I cycled over to Sundrive Road Park and flew over the Cycling track.

Pity there wasn't any cycling going on, maybe I'll look up their program, and revisit at a later date.

When you say flew...🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭wheelo01

• Advertisement

Latest word is that they want the line reopened rather than a greenway and they will work on the Enniscorthy - New Ross Greenway. I am not complaining either way as I would be happy with either. Both a train or Greenway make Waterford commutable for me. Personally I don't see it happening though as IR drove that line into the ground intentionally, the NTA might do a better job of timetabling though.

Yeah I believe the last few years had seriously low passenger numbers, not helped as you say by imbecilic timetabling. The relocation of the train station, new pedestrian bridge etc might make it a bit more viable than the current dumping off point on a particularly inhospitable roundabout (for any mode of transport)

One journey to Waterford that left you late for most workplaces and another that left before most people would finish work, and then nothing at all for day passengers, it was intentional, much like their sale of the line into the port under the guise of it was a terrorist threat (with no Garda or security assessment, just the word of an IR employee). Anyway, rant over, until then I will give the full line a try on my MTB the next time, the CX bike was a shade bumpy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,175 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Not taken on a cycle but I got to take my mountain bike for a drive today...

Someone smarter than me probably wouldn't have ventured up to Ticknock today. West Dublin got a tiny dusting of snow overnight which was barely enough to stick to the car and was gone by noon so it's only when I was driving down the M50 I saw the snow on the mountains, even the road up to Ticknock was fine. It's only when I got to the car park I saw how bad it was.

I only continued up as I saw clear tyre tracks before anyone thinks I'm the type of person you always hear about getting stuck at Sally's Gap in their Qashqai/Tucson.

Didn't park anywhere with the risk of getting stuck, just stopped to the side where I wouldn't get stuck to get a few pictures.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Someone smarter than me probably wouldn't have ventured up to Ticknock today.

They did and they parked like dicks!

if you cannot see a double yellow because of snow, does it exist?

(and yes, i can see the no parking sign on a pole!)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,175 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I passed some of the cars there on the way up, thought nothing of it assuming they just didn't want to drive up further but yeah Ticknock is always a bad spot for emergency vehicle access.

Some of the replies to that tweet are moronic but people are constantly parking wherever they want making it someone else's problem. There was a tractor with a plough at the bottom of the hill, no chance for it to pass if it needed to clear the road up from the car park.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭saccades

Usually there is also a signpost with the restrictions. I know this because in the snow the other year I got done for incorrectly parking in a disabled space. Turned out the signpost had been knocked over by a truck 2-3 days previously so I was let off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,952 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

A couple of snowy gates from this morning

Advertisement