Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 Travel Advice

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Highlander

Hi All

heading to Hungarian Grand Prix next weekend with my son, getting a little worried with the current Temperatures, does anyone know if small foldable umbrellas are allowed for shade, getting conflicting information on line.

thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Mrtm17

Anybody anything booked for next year,was at the Spanish one this year,might try a different one this year

• Registered Users Posts: 19 henrik77

Hi. Travelling to Dubai in November and will be there for the weekend of the abu dhabi GP. Has anyone any experience of travelling from Dubai to the race that can offer any advice. Thanks.

• Subscribers Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Heading to Spanish GP this year really looking forward to it even more so as have Paddock Club tickets. Hopefully a good GP weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,982 ✭✭✭McFly85

Going to Hungary this year, was at Zandvoort last year. Was organised brilliantly, would highly recommended.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,158 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Based on my experience of “the orange army” in Barcelona I would avoid Zandevoort but maybe their less rude at home.

Zandvoort was just really well organised. I heard some horror stories from races last year(like Monza) which involved endless queues and it being a nightmare getting to and from the track etc. We were actually told by locals when we got there on Thursday it will be total chaos, as it was the previous year when it had come back as a track. Thankfully they obviously had learned their lesson!

Zandvoort had trains every 4 minutes to and from Amsterdam. 25 minute walk to the track from there but free cold drinks were being given out to everyone on the way.

Food and drink services were well staffed and there were a lot of options, and very little wait time all weekend. Pint of Heineken was €6.50 and the longest wait for one was on race day but that was about 5 minutes. Plenty of water stations to refill water bottles for free.

Yeah it’s an absolute wall of orange but if you don’t mind that and a europop vibe outside of the track I think it’s a great, stress free weekend to go to.

The only stressful part was Schiphol but I can’t blame F1 for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,271 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Looks like Zandvoort is sold out already.

Zandvoort sounds a lot better organised than Barcelona last year anyway, that was a mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Postdriver

was at monza last year with general admission tickets first time at a gp couldn't really see the cars at all as people were about 20 deep all the way around the track as 1 man said to me it's terrible we'll have to wait till tonight to find out what happened and we're here beside it!!! I'm watching f1 for nigh on 30 yrs and you'd think I'd have been big time disappointed seeing as it was my first time at a gp but guess what we're going back this year again but with seating in a stand, it truly is an experience from the fans, the weather, milan etc. Even with all the crowds transport in and out was fine queues for drinks and food looked horrendous it's the atmosphere that makes it all worthwhile and we can't wait to go back and actually see the race this time 😀

• Advertisement

Going to the Hungary GP this year and Ryanair have obviously realised there’s a race that weekend - a whopping €900 per person to fly from Dublin - Budapest from Thursday to Monday, twice the price of the weekend tickets for the GP!

Decided to take an extra couple of days and fly to Vienna and get a train there instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

We were at the same race last year for our first Grand Prix, general admission also. It certainly was an experience!! We were lucky that we managed to get into tiered GA seating the morning of the race so we could actually see. We had a 3 day GA ticket and moved about quite a bit on the first day taking in different views and sussing out where everything was. It was great for us to find our feet in terms of what to expect on race weekend. Such atmosphere at the track but even outside of it and on transport also.

We'll go to another GP at some stage - not this year and most likely not Monza just to experience other tracks. Would probably book a stand next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Did you look about flying back on the Tues instead? When we went to Monza last year it was actually cheaper to stay an extra night and fly home Tues morn that it was to fly back on the Monday. Obviously it means taking more time off work/school.

Yeah we looked at a few options but Tuesday was still expensive enough. We got flights to Vienna for €170 return with some extra accommodation for €60. Sure we had to take an extra couple of days off but we’ve never seen Vienna and it’s much better than giving Ryanair nearly 2 grand!

Vienna is beautiful. Anybody else looking at going to Hungary could try flying to Bratislava also, easy train journey to Budapest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭recyclops

Motorsportstickets emailed with zaandvort weekend tkts and we took the plunge and picked them up. All in it'll be around 1500 for 2 of us staying outside Amsterdam, cassidy looking for 1700 per person. Crazy.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Is that 1,500 all in?

Yeah in the end it was 1570 for the two of us, flights accom and weekend race tkts with assigned seats

Thats a pretty good price actually.

That’s brilliant!

Do you know which stand your seats are in?

• Advertisement

Arena out tickets, it was toss up between there and hairpin two we choose here for the tv in front of the stand and its also less walking around the track should we want to get out early after the race

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Some helpful tips on here, going to Barcelona gp and just bumping this to see if anyone else wants to ad advice, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭steinbock123

Finally took the plunge and decided to forego my annual Monaco trip and booked flights yesterday for Canada in June.

Has anyone been? Any advice re. stands / access etc., things to do , best places to stay??

Any advice appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,012 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Let me know how you get on in Canada, I do want to go to a GP and thinking Canada as I have connections for somewhere to stay so that cuts a good bit of the cost just not sure where to start in getting tickets, doing a google search there is a few sites but how trustworthy are they. I am looking at doing it in 2025 as I left it a bit late for 2024 I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭recyclebin

I did General Admission on the Sunday in Canada way back in 2006 when I worked in Canada for the summer as a student. Couldn't afford anything else at the time. As the track is so flat and on an island, there are only very limited spots to watch the race from with general admission tickets. I was down at the hairpin. Montreal is a nice city to visit outside race weekend. Feels very European.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭christy c

I was in in the stand after turn 3 (technically I think) in Canada a few years ago, faced towards the main straight so had a good view of first corner and pit exit.

I got an air bnb near a train stop, and public transport relatively easy to get to the track. Also Uber at the time had a dedicated drop off place, and wasn't too expensive either.

They allowed us bring in as much beer as we wanted as long as there was no glass

I got a cold almost immediately after getting off the plane, so couldn't absord the atmosphere as much as I'd have liked.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,012 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Just have to see and keep an eye on the official F1 site for tickets, I used to live in Montreal but that was over Autumn and Winter and going there for Paddy’s day last year.

Advertisement