Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

F1 Travel Advice

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭recyclops

Arena out tickets, it was toss up between there and hairpin two we choose here for the tv in front of the stand and its also less walking around the track should we want to get out early after the race

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Some helpful tips on here, going to Barcelona gp and just bumping this to see if anyone else wants to ad advice, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭steinbock123

Finally took the plunge and decided to forego my annual Monaco trip and booked flights yesterday for Canada in June.

Has anyone been? Any advice re. stands / access etc., things to do , best places to stay??

Any advice appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,271 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Let me know how you get on in Canada, I do want to go to a GP and thinking Canada as I have connections for somewhere to stay so that cuts a good bit of the cost just not sure where to start in getting tickets, doing a google search there is a few sites but how trustworthy are they. I am looking at doing it in 2025 as I left it a bit late for 2024 I say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭recyclebin

I did General Admission on the Sunday in Canada way back in 2006 when I worked in Canada for the summer as a student. Couldn't afford anything else at the time. As the track is so flat and on an island, there are only very limited spots to watch the race from with general admission tickets. I was down at the hairpin. Montreal is a nice city to visit outside race weekend. Feels very European.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭christy c

I was in in the stand after turn 3 (technically I think) in Canada a few years ago, faced towards the main straight so had a good view of first corner and pit exit.

I got an air bnb near a train stop, and public transport relatively easy to get to the track. Also Uber at the time had a dedicated drop off place, and wasn't too expensive either.

They allowed us bring in as much beer as we wanted as long as there was no glass

I got a cold almost immediately after getting off the plane, so couldn't absord the atmosphere as much as I'd have liked.

Just have to see and keep an eye on the official F1 site for tickets, I used to live in Montreal but that was over Autumn and Winter and going there for Paddy’s day last year.

I ended up getting a ticket for Grandstand 15 which is at the hairpin at the other end of the track.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 hibknight

Hoping to do the Hungary GP next year, has anyone got any tips for tickets and what it's like for accommodations on the weekend and travel to and from the track?

• Advertisement

Tickets are on sale already, but as for the other information I am not sure. I would stick with the official site as I checked for Canadian GP tickets after buying mine and on other sites they were double the price

https://tickets.formula1.com/en/f1-3277-hungary

Thanks a lot! just picked up tickets! If anyone else has any advice for the Hungary GP let me know!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭McFly85

Did it last year, was very well organised.

Stayed in a hotel that was near enough the train station(the expo congress hotel). It’s essentially in an industrial estate but it was cheap and clean - the buses didn’t run from there to the train station on weekends but there was always those lime scooters around, was a 5 min trip on those to the main train station(Ors Vere Ter).

Each day trains run every 15 mins from Ors Vere Ter to the track which costs about €2.50 return and includes a shuttle that drops you at one of the entrances, and everything is clearly marked for F1. You can buy your tickets for each day at once to stop you having to queue each day, and the queue on race day was significant. For us, we managed to get from the hotel to our seats in about an hour every day which was brilliant.

Like every race, getting back can be chaotic so if you can hang about for an hour or so until the queues go down is probably the best bet. The town that the race is in has nothing in it so better to hang around the track. When you do get the shuttle back any train will leave you in Budapest(but not necessarily in the same place) and they’re frequent all day.

A pint at the track was €4.50 and the food was great too. Would defo do again!

Thanks a lot for taking the time to provide those details, it all seems quite straightforward enough then! With waiting around at the track at the end of the day for an hour or so are the bars / food stalls still open? and are the queues still taking some time? I've purchased tickets just need to plan and sort everything else now, can't wait!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭McFly85

No problem at all!

Bars stayed open for about an hour after the race finished which isn’t too much time, but they sold cans as well as draught so you could always buy a few of those after the race too. We were in the grandstand and at no point during the weekend did it take longer than 10 minutes of queuing to get food or drink, there’s loads of stalls about. Loads of toilets there too. Not sure about the rest of the track but there seemed to be a fair amount.

What I will say is that while the queue is pretty large for shuttles to the train station, it’s about a 40 min walk if you’re not bothered waiting, and it would probably take the same amount of time all in, you might even save time doing it that way on race day.

I would recommend being at the train station at about 9am each day - might seem early but you wont have any huge queues at that point on any day and you’ll get there in time to see most of the support races too.

I massively enjoyed it last year and would defo go again, you’ll have a blast!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 422 ✭✭Ted222

Thanks for the link.

Looking at tickets for Belgium next year but it doesn’t seem to offer seat numbers in any of the stands.

Does anyone know if these are allocated after ordering or is it just general admission to whatever stand you book for?

• Advertisement
Advertisement