Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky TV Ireland

Options
  • 27-01-2023 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

Anyone know how to contact these people? I have had amajor issues with a Sky Mini Box. There was a time you could call them, now you can sort it out on line, except you can't. It'll take you so far then repeat itself and if you try to book an engineer it won't let you. The only phone number I can find is 03337590665 which doesn't work

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Try 0818500347

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

0818719819 was their primary customer line so worth a try. God only knows how many jumps you may have to make to get talking to a human!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

I had similar problems trying to reach Sky after 6pm. Their helpline in Ireland opens at 930am on a Saturday and that is the only way to book an engineer as their Web site did not allow online booking.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭con747

1800-927476 8am to 9pm 7 day's a week. How long you wait who knows.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

I only ever got through on a Whats app chat!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭energy1942

Hi

When I try to record from sky on demand it comes up as failed anyone no what maybe causing this.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,821 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Isn't "on demand" a catch up feature meaning you can watch it as often as you like/is available. No need to record anything on it as it's essentially recorded anyhow. I doubt if any box will allow you to record catch up programming.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Harpy

Make sure if you don’t have HD it’s not trying to download in HD I use to have that issue or make sure you have space for recording and your box isn’t full..

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

basically yes. The posters statement confuses me a bit on that point.

Just to note though Sky On Demand is different to basically every other service of its type in that it requires you to download your selected programme to your box, you don’t stream it from the internet. You have to have a certain percentage downloaded before you can start watching. Once downloaded it appears as if it was a recording with recordings you’ve recorded from live tv. The downloads can fail sometimes for various reasons including the ones Harpy mentions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Has anyone had an issue with their sky q box not connecting to the Internet?

Ours stopped connecting few days ago. Everything else in the house connects perfectly. Have tried turning box and broadband on and off and taking out the viewing card to no avail. It keeps telling me the password is incorrect when it isn't!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭Denny61

Have you tried going in to tv settings as regards Internet connection..you may have to try to reconnect there ..happened Me .got it sorted.

Advertisement