Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BANGERNOMICS (sub3k) of the week/day Part 7

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭GavPJ

Unusual for a 1.6 to have leather or am I mixing the ads up?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

I think it had taxi driver ‘leather’ seat covers. Sold bloody quick. There are better looking C5s for just over 2k that haven’t moved.

EDIT

Checked DoneDeal. Tomas must be on this thread, read my post and took it to the valetor and added a few quid to the price. It’s 1850 now

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/33291318

Citroen C5 1.6 Diesel 2009

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

Or Tomas bought it, gave it a valet and has it up for sale again.

What was the original price?

1600 IIRC. Nice little profit for a few hours with the hoover and pressure washer if he can sell it on.

It’s a good colour too, car colours have gotten so bland on hand last 15 years.

I had a 2008 one with around 240,000 km's on it. Sold it for €1,000 in March 2020. A really nice clean one

and I was the second owner from new. Full main dealer service history.

• Advertisement

Change from the usual C5 postings.

Subaru Legacy. 2004. It is nearly 20 years old but has a long NCT. Looks clean at €1650

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/33256140

• Registered Users Posts: 51,158 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Ad taken down already.

Feck! Was only posted 21 hours ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,295 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

This car was for sale beside me for €3,000 or nearest offer

on the 4th of Feb!!!! Goes up €5,000 in less than 20 days.

Peugeot 508 2.0 HDI SW ALLURE, New Nct 12/2024 for sale in Dublin for €7,950 on DoneDeal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭CoBo55

130K miles, 247K kilometres, that does my head in🤬, no silly offers accepted.... Except his own of course, the world is gone stone crazy Ted, good job my late father isn't around to see it.

I'm all for a lad making a few quid after doing a bit to a car but €5,000 is day light robbery.

No doubt he is a trader advertising as a private seller who needs to do his maths. Any wonder

used car prices are through the roof.

It was maybe undervalued first time round, but the current seller represents everything that is wrong with donedeal car sales. "No silly offers" - how about no silly asking prices? Nearly tempted to go look at it and waste as much of his time as I can before bidding him 2750.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,986 ✭✭✭User1998

Complete over reaction tbh. His asking price doesn’t even deserve a spot in the dreamer thread. Its not outrageous, and I’m sure its negotiable. Its a good add with nice photos. The car is absolutely spotless, new NCT, apparently had a lot of recent work done.

I think people are just getting annoyed that he’s making a few quid on the car. Fair play to him for spotting a bargain and adding value.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Needles73

No doubt it was originally cheap enough. Looks like it has had paint on drivers door . Looks clean though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

No tax or test when it was up for sale originally. A few years ago €3,000 or there abouts was all the money for a car like that.

To be flipping it for €5000 grand profit after about 2 weeks is why the used car trade is in such a mess, plus the lack of used stock

due to the Green's/Brexit/Nox tax. Don't get me wrong I'm sure he put a few quid into it but nowhere near €5,000. I sent him

a message asking did he have all the receipts for the work done and he blocked me on dung deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭jcon1913

The delay in getting NCT appointments isn’t helping. I’d say the NCT alone added €1,000-€1,500 to the price.

There was no NCT when it was up for sale. 20 days later it has an NCT.

I'm not saying the NCT is bogus but he must know someone in Deansgrange that

got it in so quick. A friend of mine knows the old owner and there is quite a few

hidden faults that are not listed. Anyway, a fine car but not worth €8,000 all the

same.

• Advertisement

Dealer offloading it as a private sale. It's amazing how quickly dealers can get appointments.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,158 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I was checking for NCT slots online the last few weeks for my dad and every night at about 11:30pm slots became available for the next 2 or 3 days so you can get a test quickly without being in the trade. Takes a bit of effort mind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,711 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

• Registered Users Posts: 5,986 ✭✭✭User1998

I’m in the trade and I can assure you that dealers do not get any priority over private individuals. You just have to log on late at night and get cancellations. Its easy enough to do even in Dublin. Suggesting the NCT is bogus is simply untrue.

As a matter of fact, I know of someone who books multiple NCT appointments all throughout the night, and basically sells the NCT slots to main dealer garages who don’t have the staff to work until midnight booking NCT’s.

What dealers can do is leave a few cars outside the NCT centre and if there are any no shows the staff will NCT the cars outside. But the cars could be sitting there for days/weeks. Thats at my local centre anyway

I never said the NCT was bogus, but dealers and garages definitely get preferential treatment when it comes to getting appointments, you can't argue with that and the guy I know never booked an appointment in his life, I don't think he'd know how to tbh.

How does he book them for dealers at night without registrations?

Or do the dealers give him a list of cars that they need him to book?

I used to be in the trade too and I know that dealers/trader do not get

priority bookings by the NCT service. It is common practice for dealers

etc. to drop cars at NCT centres without an appointment. I was at a test

centre yesterday and 2 guys dropped in without appointments. It makes

sense really that they make good use of appointments that people don't

turn up to.

For most people a trip to the NCT is out of their way and schedule. Calling to a NCT center ad hoc and hanging around isn't viable.

Anyway….back to bangers.

Always liked the Kamm back look of these.

Seems to have been looked after and decent spec. €2000

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/33258898

Citreon C4 VTR

I don't think it's "easy". Over the last few years it's getting really hard to get late night cancellations and last year I got none and eventually gave up trying.

That some lad does it "through" the night and is able to sell them clearly tells you its not easy.

Also they said they have less appointments on the website and more held back for the emergency list. They wouldn't be doing that if they were freely available on the website.

They were trying to recruit extra mechanics from Romanian dunno if that helped.

• Advertisement

Last one I bought for my nephew was €900. That was 2 years ago. Bought

it a Peugeot dealer that took it as a trade it.

He still has it, great first car. The 1.4s can be thirsty on oil and need to be

watched. Leaky bastards of engines too. Timing belt has been done on this

one. I've seen plenty of these break. Boot switch can break too. There was

a good few small recalls on these. Nothing dangerous.

Glove box broken, no surprise there. The handles are pure dirt. Spec on them

for the time wasn't bad. Remote keys fall to pieces after time but they are only

about €80 to buy.

I'd have one of these if it was the Loeb spec. The styling is fairly unique. Boot

spoiler makes them stand out too.

Advertisement