Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment 2022/2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 ba2002

Results are issued a week after last day of interview which was last friday. so based on that the results shouldve been released today !

• Registered Users Posts: 2 holeshot25

A bit of advice for anyone starting their journeys in on Monday, as simple as it may sound is don’t panic, everyone is in the same boat with not having the first clue what is expected of you and where to go etc, you will all find this out together and that makes it interesting!

In terms of what to wear, I wore a suit the first day - others wore formal trousers, shirts, blazers, jumper over the shirt etc. Jeans aren’t the best option and a few quickly changed out of them. We had to wear our own clothes for the first 4/5 weeks so just be prepared and don’t be expecting uniforms the moment you step through the gates. You will soon find out that this isn’t the way AGS work when it comes to anything really, but sure it keeps it exciting if you could say.

If anyone needs anything clarified don’t be afraid to shoot me a message. Best of luck and enjoy it!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 AgentSmith99

Witcher you have a fair I have talked to several people who work/worked in the an Garda Siochana some recommend and some don't, it all comes down to whether you are built for this kind of job or not, I believe most people do not even fathom what this job entails especially as a new guard. But let my bro RL1 rant if I was in his position I'd be looking for answers too. I don't know all the info but if he has been waiting for 4 years and applied a few times and has not been accepted and given no explanation that does not look good for an Garda Siochana. Its not about being impatient, we all loose patient, it is about the fact that if you have a passion to serve the public and you are not given a chance it is upsetting especially if you have passed all the stages and weren't given an answer back. Don't act like you would just sit and do nothing about being overlooked and had to wait for a long time. Be reasonable not rude, fix the attitude because that is not how you encourage a fellow comrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 oldtimer2002

Good luck tomorrow for all our new prospective members. A few bit of advice from an old timer.

it’s a great job tough and demanding but worth the effort.

You will join a phase tomorrow which will contain friends you will have throughout your career. Keep your head down and do what is required. Every phase has a few who think they know all about the job but believe me they don’t. Listen to what you are told and you will be grand you will be given all the help you need to get through. Keep your fitness up but don’t get caught by this.

Templemore is a small town and everyone will know who and what you are do not go getting pissed. Every phase loses people due to doing something stupid off duty. If you are into anything else you should not be joining the job anyway so I will let that there.

Best of luck and welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 kaya1

Hey guys,

Does anybody know if there will be an intake after May for this year? Also all the best with the new recruits going in tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Clono

If they stick to the 11 week period they are saying then there should be an intake week starting 8th of may.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 shovtco

Any one here get results on the stage two? The scenerio part and how soon will the interviews be if get through this stage.Will there be many more intakes this year ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lpf1234

Just got results for stage 3, now onto the form B and physical whenever that happens, hopefully everyone did well!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 MH10

Congrats to all who passed stage 3 today. Is there a whatsapp group for batch 8?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Tedslife

Got passed the interview thank god onto fitness now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 neuteroil

Congrats, delighted the wait is finally over. I don’t believe there’s a WhatsApp group for Batch 8 if anyone else could clarify?

Feel free to pop me a PM and I can make one, others in batch 8 feel free to PM me also if there isn’t already a group so I can get the ball rolling with one.

Congrats again to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭PCO2019

For those of you that have done the medical, do they let you know on the day that you’ve passed or if there are o/s issues etc ?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Fluffypatcat

@PCO2019 No they don't tell you on the day whether you've passed the medical. I received an email 2 weeks after mine to inform me that I had failed part of it, but depending on what you've failed on, they'll defer your application & give you a chance to get the issue sorted out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ladslad12344

Just wondering is/has anyone the same issue, I done my medical about 9 weeks ago and have made contact with hr to find out my results have never been sent down to them from medmark, I will be contacting the clinic in the morning but just would like to know has anyone else had a similar experience. I have everything done, vetted cleared and now im chasing my results as hr never bothered to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 liverpool1231

I had the same issue but apparently they do send on the results its just the garda medical officer who doesn’t pass on that you passed to the applications department. Mine was done and sent on in January and they said that it can take some time for chief medical officer to read your medical results. And that was only today I rang.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 munster212

Anyone interested in joining a WhatsApp group that’s hoping to be in the May intake feel free to send me a message to be added.

Roughly 25 in the group so far.

Post edited by munster212 on

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Clono

Had the same issue , hr rang me asking did I do the medical, ( I had it done the week previous) told them that and they said it could take weeks to get to them . I rang medmark straight and within two hours got an email from chief medical officer saying that I passed the medical and it was sent on .

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭bobbyD1978

They still filling recruits with that bullshit? You won't even know what the rest of the phase is doing after ten years nevermind still being friends for life. Jobs way too hectic as a probationer to be keeping track of others. Shifts, transfers....... You won't keep in touch. Cross paths, catch up sand bit see each other for a few years again

Regarding references on form B, Can one "Person of authority" reference be a friend who has known you for more than 3 years??

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Query101

When would batch 8 be looking at heading into college? Roughly what month?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 32 TMG1990

Theres people from Batch 1 only started yesterday so Batch means absolutely nothing to your start date as Vetting and Sergeant meetings delay everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 shovtco

How do you know what batch your in ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Tedslife

Hey can anyone answer this. When you have an oom in your interview what is that number out of ? Does it mean anything for the rest of the recruitment ?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Doug123

Hi everyone ,

Does your original birth certificate have to be submitted with the Form B?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 rgrpo23

I had to defer my pct back in January due to a leg issue and have been told I will have it in late March now. Im sire this has been asked numerous times previously in this thread, but out of interest how did people prepare for the physical? Im ok for the strength elements of it but am slightly worried for the bleep test.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 munster212

I noticed for the medical it’s now with CHI / EHA as opposed to Medmark in the past. Will this have an impact on the turnaround time after the medical / make it more efficient? Has anyone used CHI or EHA yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Louise97

Run, cry and hope for the best. I deferred until the 23rd March because of an ankle injury and I feel like I’ve lost fitness in the 2 weeks I was our

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Louise97

I took a pic of mine, cropped it and converted to pdf and they seemed happy enough?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Fluffypatcat

Are there any guards following this thread who have recently joined or have been in the job for a couple of years, could you shed some light on the pension? I know it's changed but I'm hearing that it's no better than the state pension & is a reason why people are leaving the job??...

Advertisement