Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment 2022/2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Jemima38

Don't be worried... get prepared. The beep test is on youtube,.mark out the run and get practising.

The worst mistake people make is sprinting at the start, when you only need to jog, then they are too wrecked to make it to the level needed. It really isnt hard... if you have any decent level of fitness you will have no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 kaycon

I have my interview next week , is the link sent to you beforehand to join on zoom ?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭PCO2019

@kaycon the link to the interview will be under the message titled “Garda Trainee 2022 - Stage 3 Interview Result”. PAS will also send another email with a zoom link a few days before the interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 conor45

How long are people waiting after the PCT to hear from the local Sargent? Was told they’d be in contact within the week and it’s nearly two weeks now.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 shovtco

Is it long since you did the part b scenario part?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 shovtco

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Ciano1997

for anyone who was the last batch to sit stage 2, here’s hoping we get our results tomorrow 4 weeks later! Or is it longer ?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 TMG1990

Did PCT December 9th. Met Sergeant last week. All depends how long your vetting takes to come back

• Registered Users Posts: 2 OldMc23

How're ye lads,

Currently working In the civil service and thinking about switching it up and joining AGS.

I'm writing this to see if anyone would have the incremental pay scale handy or how much the allowances are so I could compare the difference before I make the jump.

And just another quick one to see does anyone know how long someone could be waiting for a transfer down the country after they pass out?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 oldtimer2002

Go on to the GRA.ie website under the information tab it’s all there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 OldMc23

Thanks for that👍

• Registered Users Posts: 1 username2023

I have seen people deferring PCT and getting a date soon after. Has anyone heard of deferring an offer to start at Templemore? Wondering if this is similar and a candidate can defer and start in 12 weeks with the next batch? Asking for a friend who has passed everything and spoken to local Sargent. 

Post edited by username2023 on

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭bobbyD1978

Depends where you want, how fussy you are and from where. Years would be the most honest answer for most.

You need to complete probation before even applying for a transfer and it's not uncommon for people to have to renew applications as they expire after 4 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Conor123456

Hi lads I have my PCT on Thursday the 2nd of march and I have so many questions that I still can’t seem to find answers to,

first is what is the days and times we start and finish in the Garda college surely for people driving 2+ hours and have kids and a family we finish early on a Friday ?

second is when you finish the college and go into the station if you have family such as young kids will they help you and base you within distance of home ( this happened for a friend of mine who is in the Garda)

third will the 4 12 hour shifts be staying permanently and 4 days off? As this would benefit family life,

fourth if asked in the college could you drive home on the Thursday and back up again on the Friday and go home again for weekend ?

fifth I have a friend who is looking to be in a different batch then me if I asked could I be placed in his batch because of travel reasons would they accommodate ?

any information would be greatly appreciated as I have two small kids and don’t want to be missing out in there important years when the job I have now is **** but helps me be around as much as possible with my family,

thanks people 🤞

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭cluedo123

Hi, from my experience, I have answered as best as I can.

first is what is the days and times we start and finish in the Garda college surely for people driving 2+ hours and have kids and a family we finish early on a Friday ?

a. It’s generally 9-5 each day. However you will be assigned group projects which will require you to work in the evenings. There may be extra classes/lectures/presentations in the evening, so you have to be very flexible with your time.

As far as I can remember, you can leave at 4pm on Friday, not a second earlier.

I drove up Sunday evenings to prep for the week, some people travelled on Monday mornings. You have to be back in the college at a certain time. Same for evening curfew.

The drive is considered your issue and not theirs. Some lads from were driving from the top end of Donegal.

second is when you finish the college and go into the station if you have family such as young kids will they help you and base you within distance of home ( this happened for a friend of mine who is in the Garda) 

a. You can make a welfare case to be stationed within a reasonable distance from your home. You will be required to produce documentation for your application, birth certs/marriage cert/proof of mortgage. Most are accommodated where possible, but some aren’t.

third will the 4 12 hour shifts be staying permanently and 4 days off? As this would benefit family life,

a. It’s all up in the air, nobody knows!

fourth if asked in the college could you drive home on the Thursday and back up again on the Friday and go home again for weekend ?

a. I believe they do allow you to travel home on one evening and come back next day. You need to apply to do it. Fridays would be tough as parade starts at 8am. I think Wednesdays was the night some folk did this. Sometimes it tricky though, especially if you have a group assignment due. Flexibility and time management is key.

fifth I have a friend who is looking to be in a different batch then me if I asked could I be placed in his batch because of travel reasons would they accommodate ?

a. I haven’t a clue, but I doubt it. You could try defer and hope your intakes are the same. But batches are nothing to do with it, it all depends on clearance and sign off. You could be offered the next intake and your friend could be waiting until next year. It’s different for everyone. Personally I think just go when you’re offered if that’s possible, you will probably find someone in your intake who lives near you and you could car pool.

Best of luck. I’ve been there with kids…it’s tough going for the whole family, but you will all benefit in the end.

PM me if you have any more questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Aine1996

Hey, is anyone else is batch 8? Any idea when the intake might be? I was firstly oom 1680 but batch 8 oom 63- does the oom mean anything?

Is their a WhatsApp group for batch 8?

I am in batch 8 and my number is 133, I seen some one say they only brought in batch one recently and someone else say batch 8 could be August/ September,

Ah okay unreal! I'm gonna set up a WhatsApp group, if you want to be in it DM me your no . Have you got allocated PCT date?

I have my PCT on Thursday the 2nd was told I have to be up there for 8:45 and depending how fast they work through the tests I could be finished by 3 / 4, have u many people in that group?

• Advertisement

I’m not 100 percent sure on the months now either so don’t take it as for sure, just going off what others were saying

Did you need to complete form B snd produce a med cert before they told you your pct allocation? Nobody yet, Trying to start one up as there doesn't seem to be any as of yet!

Yes form b has to be in by Saturday the 4th I think? I sent them my cert saying I was fit to undertake the PCT so I was asked to do Thursday the 2nd,

have u got a PCT date yet ?

Nope not yet..I haven't got a cert or filled in form B yet..might try to defer to the next PCT round if possible..

There’s 3 dates next week it’s Thursday Saturday and the following Thursday again?

will that stop ur application no?

But there saying they will allocate once form b received. Even though the deadline is the 4th it doesn't make much sense if ppl didn't submit until sat 4th? There's more dates end March, it might affect the intake but I'm not really in a position to start until Summer 2024 so I'm hoping I'll get a defer, well if I pass the PCT🤣, keep me posted how it goes and best of luck👌🙌

Oh yeah makes sense,

yes will keep people posted anyway,

but if anyone reading has any idea when batch 8 will have intake please feel free to let me know thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 1 aaron1427

Read up a few post there's a WhatsApp group made up for batch 8 already

Where are them posts ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Clono

There is a what's app group already set up , and when it comes to batches i wouldn't take any notice of them once you pass everything . It all depends how quick they get your vetting sorted , some people from batch 1 are still waiting because of vetting while people from later batches have already got in .

Advertisement