Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BEWARE.Signature windows gone into Liquidation. Any lost money to theses con artists? HELP!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 mariamartin555

I don’t know if it’s his personal or work number. It’s impossible to find any information about him or contact him. I was given his mobile number by some other individuals that are in this forum so am assuming we are all trying to contact him via the same number

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Hebs14

Do you know if your windows have been manufactured? Or have you just paid a deposit?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 FoxGlen

Paid a deposit two weeks before they ceased trading. Signature didn’t pay it to the factory so breach of contract.

Both directors/shareholders are directors of a number of other companies so I’m preparing a complaint to the Director of Corporate Enforcement to see if that does anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Unlikely that the manufacturer has made anything given that time line. I had heard from somebody in the trade that the people involved have form in this area and a company called Marvin Windows was mentioned. I sent a complaint to the CEA a week ago with regard to the liquidation process and possible reckless trading. Nothing back other than acknowledge my completed complaint form. I rang the CRO also and whilst sympathetic admitted they can do nothing and directed me to the CEA.

I just tried emailing Signature windows sales and installation emails again and the auto reply now includes an email address for the liquidator, Alan Fitzpatrick

signaturewindows676@gmail.com

I emailed that address but it doesn't exist.

• Advertisement

They really couldn’t handle this any worse if they tried to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 FoxGlen

The email I was given is signaturewindow676@gmail.com (singular window, not windows). Haven’t received a response but no bounce back.

Post edited by FoxGlen on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,720 ✭✭✭Large bottle small glass

Has anybody received their windows from Megrame yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭JimmyMW

A bit of both, i was essentially the client but did the house direct labor so was the main builder also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Still stihl waters 3

I wonder if their an alternative reason for asking?

Perhaps I have a figure agreed with Megrame and I'd rather not get burnt a second time?

Any other words of wisdom?

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Still stihl waters 3

I'm just wondering if megrame have confirmed if signature have paid them in full for windows ordered, there's no alternative reason, sorry if I offended, I know this is a trying time for people owed a product

Sorry for taking your head off so 😀

As far as we know, Signature burned everyone; employees with commission as well as presumably redundancy, suppliers, fitters anyone they could at a guess.

What I want to know is after striking a deal on a figure with Megrame for the deficit has anyone actually collected their windows?

Our windows and those of others are in a warehouse in Dublin (we are told) so I'm wondering has anyone collected since the liquidation after dealing directly with Megrame.

I'm told some were lucky to get their windows directly from Signature after they shut as they were in Signature warehouse; these were the only windows that Megrame would have been fully paid for I think

The whole thing is a knowledge vaccum and a guessing/bluffing game.

If time was on my side and i was doing a window replacement only and I had existing windows I'd use time and a bit of patience as my bargaining chip to drive deal as much as possible. That and windows already being in Ireland are your main/only bargaining chips.

Best of luck to everyone else

I am still in discussion with Megrame. They have told me our windows are in their warehouse in Lithuania (I asked specifically after hearing that some were in Dublin).

• Registered Users Posts: 1 bananagrams

Hi there - would love these too if you got them? Literally can't find anything on line - is no-one on our side! Would be so grateful for any info you have. Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 AmeliaKK

Hi just wondering if anyone has had products delivered from doleta (aluminium) directly since liquidation was announced ? We were badly burned by signature on our wood order with Megrame which we had deposit paid since Oct 22 but hadn’t started . In addition, our aluminium slider with Doleta was already in production so with a lot of emails it’s due to arrive here on Thursday 26th however we had to pay €1500 for shipping and we now have window fitters charging ridiculous amounts to fit a slider and fixed panel… is anyone else finding this?! So not only are we out of pocket for our wood part of order, we are also paying over and above for shipping and fitting for our aluminium order. Lucky I know to get anything at all back but it’s one hit after another…

I've sent you a PM. Not sure how much use these details will be though, because I haven't heard of anyone who has had a reply from the liquidator or the Directors :(

Hi. Anyone made any progress ? I haven't.... still shouting into the abyss!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Did anyone who paid via credit or debit card try to get a chargeback and did the bank allow it?

• Advertisement

I’d say most people paid by bank transfer as theses details were provided on the order form by Signature.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Alpha99

Long story: I insisted on a card payment, was directed to pay deposit to 'sister company' Cardinal Windows & Doors Ltd, no, bank have not to date honoured chargeback request.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Any chance that customers whose windows are actually built could club together ? To negotiate with megram and organize shipping to Ireland , it might reduce costs ?

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Pretty shady sending you to a 'sister' company. Have you tried pressing the bank or going to the Financial Services Ombudsman? I thought chargebacks existed for this reason for when customers pay money and get nothing in return.

Could be a different story if the bank account on the other end is closed down/empty though. But Id try pressing the issue with the bank if you can as that would seem the easiest route to a refund.

That sounds highly dodgy. Is Cardinal Windows and Doors an Irish Company?

I have made a complaint to the Corporate Enforcement Authority. I've had an acknowledgement from them which advises that I might not hear anything back from them incase they decide they go ahead with legal proceedings. I'm not hopeful it will do any good, but I guess it's worth a try. You have to inform the Directors about your grievances in writing, which I did (twice), before making the complaint. The form is straightforward enough, if anyone else wants to give it a go, here's the link https://cea.gov.ie/en-ie/What-We-Do/Complaints-Concerns-Protected-Disclosures

Is anyone else waiting to get their windows from Megrame? We're in discussions with them and I'm trying to find some money to give them. Any contingency we had has already been sucked up by the cost increase in materials and other unexpected things, so this is really the last thing we needed. In fairness to Megrame, they've been very willing to discuss options, but they've lost a lot of money too so are not budging much on the amount they're looking for. They say they have people who will buy our windows.... I'm scared they will do this and we'll have lost €35K and will have no windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Is there a chance that by " cardinal windows " taking the money ( on behalf of the other crowd ) , that legally your contract is now with them ?

So either they owe you the windows or cash back ,

Or the credit card company would refund you because cardinal won't honour the contract ..

Just spitballing .. but might be worth enquiring..

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

Signature windows website is back up and their phones are operational.

Thoughts?

Bizarre but Solocheck still showing company status as normal. I’ll be trying ringing them in the morning.

I rang the numbers and pressed all of the different options but no one picked up and there's no way to leave a message.

I also emailed but didn't get an autoresponse this time....but no reply either.

Something dodgy going on probably.

• Advertisement

Advertisement