Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment 2022/2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭JohnSmith98

Love to know the logic behind swimming shorts having to be black or navy. Do they make us do a swimwear photoshoot or what? 😂

On a serious note I take it we just need to be proficient in basic swimming which presumably comes up at some point in training?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Holden8993

Anyone receiving last minute invitations for the 20th this week at all or is that all passed? Want to know if I should just give up hope for this intake.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Clono

I would say if they aren't full some people might get a shout but I have given up hope for Feb now it will be to late to leave my job . More then likely won't here about may until around the 21st of April

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Cactus2000

Just got a last minute call today for this Mondays intake. More than likely I’ll defer as it is too late notice for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 rachelje

Anybody from Donegal area starting Monday 20th?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 RL1

I'd give up hope on them altogether if I were you. I passed all the tests and vetting twice now, both in the 2018 and 2022 competition. Been onto them multiple times this week alone and they never give an explanation on why they don't give you an invitation.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Physeter

I found that odd as well.

The promotional material for the college as a whole is quite dated. Maybe they're filming some new stuff this year and when they cover the pool facilities they'd rather not have lads in their billabong board shorts doing back-flips into the pool? 😄

I'm not sure how they aim to teach swimming if they're teaching it at all? I would imagine there'll be too much of a disparity in skill to have the likes of a basic lifesaving module? Maybe it's just for the exercise.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,072 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

You're going into a job that requires wearing of a uniform!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 coolsunflower00

Does anyone know how much you have to pay for the medical exam or is it covered ? Thank you !

• Registered Users Posts: 26 glenns141

It’s all covered, just mention it’s for Garda Trainee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 niall1996

looks like I’m going that way as well. I’m in batch 4, what batch are you in out of curiosity? From what I can see batches 1-3 are in the feb intake. So I’d say batch 4-6 will be next up.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 glenns141

I’m batch 4 myself and in the same boat as yous. Just have to wait unfortunately….

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭cluedo123

From experience lads and ladies. There is no rhythm or rhyme to how quick you will get inside the college. Once you’ve passed everything everything, the batch number is of no relevance. The longest part for most people is the vetting process, and I believe it is a lot more enhanced than people believe, so it can take anywhere from a month to well over a year or so.

Try not to get sucked in too much waiting for that email. Carry on with you life, travel a bit and save a bit…then when you’re not expecting it, you’ll be down in Polly’s getting to know your new family!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 alanl23

I’m batch 3 with no offer yet, it’s just a waiting game, I’ve everything done, meetings in local station and all

Fair, but there's only so long one can wait before it takes a severe toll on you mentally. I've been waiting almost 4 years now and I honestly wish I had never found interest in the Gardai at all now. I've spent countless nights awake upset wondering what is it about me they don't like, even with everything passed

I can't understand why they can't just give a definite timeframe. I had recently gone on holidays purely in the hopes I'd get an invite for next week in the mindset of getting a trip abroad in before 8 months of (understandably restricted free time-wise) training.

Plus you'd think with how the country is screaming for gardai they'd be inviting everyone who did the tests last year (and well before 2022...)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Clono

Vetting only starts once reports are sent back to the HQ from local stations , unfortunately because these people doing the checks are civilians then it can take a long time plus depends on people's records , the first time I applied i waited three years to he told no. I have been told by the local Sargent and inspector who I met that they both highly recommended me and they both said the same to my brother who is a guard , they also said they thought I would have been told by now if I was getting in. However it seems that when reports are sent back it can take a month if not longer before they are looked at again. That being said it is also a mystery how they pick and choose people there is clearly no organisation there. I agree it is a joke that people's lives are up ended because they don't no weather they are getting in or not. But people should leave it and carry on with there daily routine now nothing will happen again until April

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Kildare4321

Anyone have any idea when Batch 8 interview results are out? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Asdfghjkl1

The interview results are out 1 week after the interview so if you done it Ona. Friday you should get it on the following Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 8 AlexD94

Thought they were meant to be out today but heard nothing as of yet

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Hyneser03

Does anyone know when stage 2 results will be out done them on 23rd of January will be 4 weeks now on Monday and heard nothing yet ?

• Advertisement

More proof they don't give a toss about anyone, if the end result is just a favoritism cherry picking selection then why do they even bother advertising a series of tests that anyone in the public can undergo -__-

Might as well just ban people from the moment they apply to do Stage 1 and save us the trouble

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Starlight27

Totally agree. I think the whole system needs to be reviewed and major changes need to be made. Feel it's quite outdated in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,640 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

You'd want to get a grip, acting this way over an application process isn't normal. Wait until you get into the job..Jesus.

For the sake of your own health you'd nearly be better off withdrawing. Having sleepless nights over an application to join the Gardai isn't normal.

Post edited by Witcher on

• Registered Users Posts: 37 ba2002

based on previous batches, the results should be out this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 32 TMG1990

I had my meeting with the Sergeant and he told me my vetting all came back clear. So its done before you meet them.

Being told one's perfectly fit to join the Gardai only to receive no invitation years later isn't normal either. If you had gone through dozens of stepping stone jobs all the while waiting on an invitation you'd spend restless nights awake as well. I've already considered withdrawing anyways given they don't bother telling you why they won't give a straight forward answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Tedslife

Anyone from batch 8 received their results yet for their interview ? Are we informed either way if we get it or not ? I say it’ll probably be next week at this point

• Registered Users Posts: 37 ba2002

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Tedslife

I’m driving myself mad today, constantly refreshing my email

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,640 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

You said yourself in another thread you only had the interview with the Inspector in November...it's now February, there has been one intake in that time and you're losing your mind and sleep that you're not in it. That's not normal behaviour. The process this year is moving far faster than it ever did pre Covid and you're still cribbing.

You're going into a job where things move at an absolute snails pace at times, if you can't sit still for five minutes and wait it's not the place for you. You'll be the junior person on the unit and the first one picked for every BS standing, staring at walls for hours on end type job. You'll have a breakdown going by your current state.

Some of you are in for a shock if you get in lads. If any of you are waiting on the call and haven't had a word with a Garda member, do it and ask for their honest opinion of the job because from the posts here some of you are very out of touch with the career you're applying for. I remember last year some people near fainting at the fact that they won't be driving a patrol car from day one.

Advertisement