Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second Captains Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Glen Early will be disappointed with tonight's decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

The football world is on fire ! and …no podcast…

• Registered Users Posts: 7,703 ✭✭✭Raoul

Exactly the type of thing that they should be doing emergency podcasts about. I shouldn't be getting Dermot and Dave's opinions on it before second captains!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭jones

I'm assuming Ken was away but yeah it's a bit of a pain. Hopefully get a bumper one today

• Registered Users Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭The Davestator

The rugby was fresh so fair enough they covered that. Man City news only broke on Sunday so best to wait. There has also been more information over the past day so it will make for a better pod. Coach Marsh will be a loss for Ken though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,703 ✭✭✭Raoul

Miguel's sound is atrocious. How is this guy on loads of podcasts and on the radio with the sound quality. Spend some money on a decent mic ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Battery Kinzie

Never really noticed Miguel's sound being too bad before, but today was atrocious. How can it be so bad? Seemed like it was jumping from source to source too - one time through his PC mic and another through another mic, or something like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Maybe it was because of the contributors or possibly because of just how ludicrous the Premier League has become with the ridiculous money being thrown around but found the discussion on City quite dull

I'd rather more talk on coach Marsch or Dycheball

I actually today was one of Miguel's better audio performances, as bad and all as it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭cheese sandwich

I see in the papers that Richie Sadlier has had a baby with his wife, and yet still not a word from or about him on the podcast. What’s going on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭sheroman01

No Eoin for the football pod is so disappointing, especially with the amount of topics to be discussed.

Update, as I was getting bloody slated for this. I just meant I missed Eoin's take on things. Can see how this was taken the wrong way but this wasn't a dig at Eoin at all, it was the opposite - I was just looking forward to his input with the City and Marsh news, etc.

Post edited by sheroman01 on

• Registered Users Posts: 10,428 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭cheese sandwich

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

I believe repetitive strain injury is the correct medical term.

Or maybe **** cramp is the correct medical term for repetitive strain injury.

Either way he is a complete wimp.

If he comes back with one bicep bigger than the other and poor eyesight, we'll know what he's been up to!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭sheroman01

What? That's not what I was getting at, at all. I meant he is missed as presenter. It was more the disappointment of eagerly awaiting for this pod, and then hearing Murph presenting rather than Eoin. Murph is grand at presenting but I also love Eoin's take on things. Is it not okay to miss Eoin :(

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭dog_pig

There is a short list of things you can complain about, the rest is off limits

• Registered Users Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭siblers

That Timmy 'DOWNTOWN' McCarthy audiobed on today's episode was fantastic

Really enjoyed Jamie and Malachy, two excellent contributors (Jamie took a while to grow on me initially but he's brilliant anytime he's on)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭The Davestator

• Registered Users Posts: 34,258 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Audio levels all over the place again. Mostly much too quiet and then a link or audiobed comes in at a normal level (compared to other podcasts) which is way higher than the rest.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Obrieski

Just wish he would stop saying "like" so much.

Besides that, he is very insightful

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭boccy23

yeah, I was listening to his proposals and the way he was describing them, getting very enthused with the prospects of a home & away championship and then realised this is the GAA - it'll never happen! They are too tied to the provisional structure to make the needed changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Good to have Eoghan back.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,296 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Simon going a little over the top on Sexton's pass inside.

"One of the best passes I've ever seen"

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭ClashCityRocker

It sounded like Gerry and Shane had a contest for who could use the word footwork the most

They really went full Liverpoolcast today….

They did and it was really poor. Melissa Reddy is not a good guest.

As much as I think Jonathan Wilson is one of the best contributors around, I thought having him on on Friday to discuss the City situation was a misstep. Maybe I had just had enough of it across different podcasts, but I felt after spending the best part of an hour discussing it earlier in the week that they didn't need to go over it in such detail again.

I did find her very boring.

The city story had gotten stale and covered to death… and then Pep decided to wrap himself in the pirate flag, Ken did an excellent job talking about that

• Registered Users Posts: 19,595 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Meant to post in agreement with this the other day. I love the hurling chats. And the football chats although they've a good bit of work to do this year to replace Oisin McConville.

Edit: And nothin but love for Timmy McCarthy and the Timmy McCarthy audiobed.

Post edited by Ol' Donie on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭slumdogemillionaire

Melissa Reddy is soooo bad and so hard to listen to. I remember she was on the Totally Football Show there a few years back and she would not stop going on about Liverpool. It became comical eventually, I think they had moved on to League 2 (this was before they had the 'Totally Football League' show) and she was still bring Liverpool up and James Richardson made some quips about her bring Liverpool up again...I don't recall her ever getting invited back after that but I don't really listen to it as much as I used to anymore

Advertisement