Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2022 Executive Officer Civil Service

Comments

@LousClues

My understanding they go back 4 years however due to nature of your sick leave,a CMO can discount that period of leave for promotion purposes. I hope you are keeping well.

With regard Internal EO, I received an email in Education to say hoping to start in March but depending on availability of interview board.

3 interviews for an EO position is alot and should have been argued by Union as to my knowledge no higher grades have ever had to do 3 interviews. HEO and AP would have had to do a video interview on topics given in advance and then the main interview but that would have been for interdepartmental and not internal.

I got a requirement for presentation withdrawn from this internal EO as very little CO would have experience in presenting presentations.

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 15 LousClues

Thanks for this!

I had an interview last May and this will be the second and last I hope!

I had requested my notes from the interview last year so I will be going over them along with my application form.

I think too much about interviews so I’m hoping il have a decent amount of time to prepare !

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭L390

Heya iggy1986 ..can I ask what department your friend is in ..just been offered department of health through mobility but don't know a single person who works there ....just curious as to where the office locations are around dublin and what type of work is involved

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Ccpl

I've done the same for Westmeath. Is it just the waiting game now until they have positions in the locations we selected?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Danielle101

Has anyone heard anything from Longford, got offered mobility today as a CO and trying to weigh up options.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭RichPersonInsideAPoor

anyone know what OOM they’re up to in Waterford or Kilkenny?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ashbpm

I think so! I’ve accepted a clerical officer role in the mean time

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Janas

What number were you originally for Offaly? On open and interdepartmental? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Janas

Hi, what oom were you originally for Offaly? In open and interdepartmental? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Mrsec

How has everyone found the interviews this week? I have mine next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭newbie18892

i had my interview this week i found it quite quick of course but generally fine. i got a chance to use all my examples

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭apkmbarry

^ can echo that.

The 45 mins flew. Covered everything, I think I blundered one question, but overall not enough to fail the competency I believe. Mine panel had more of a ask 5-10 questions per competency as opposed to give me an example of X and let you fly through it.

I genuinely overprepared, if you have the questions covered earlier in the thread, and in the other thread on here covered, you're in a perfect position honestly.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭quick feet

@apkmbarry & @newbie18892 care to share your oom (roughly) it'll give us a guide as to what number they have reached for interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 CreativeCrafter3

@Danielle101

I enquired about the OOM reached for Longford last week and they are at Open stream 12 interdepartmental 6.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭apkmbarry

I was in the 600's I believe. They've gone into the high 800s from earlier posts a few pages back.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Rebel90

Any update for Cork open?

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭blondie007

I contacted PAS 4 weeks ago on Jan 10th & was told 'OOM for Cork Open Stream-29, Interdepartmental-8'. Hopefully it's moved on a bit since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭OKDublin

Re: interview experience

I don't know if "good cop, bad cop" it is official Civil Service interviewing strategy, or if someone was going rogue, but that was how mine was.

I've done quite a few competency interviews before for various non profits etc and never experienced that before.

Doing that must make it more difficult to mark everyone equally and fairly. What if not all the panels do that? I certainly felt prevented from getting my KPIs out. I kept getting cross-questioned on my previous point just as I was about to mention a KPI.

Post edited by OKDublin on

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Stranger Things

Same as me. Felt the man was quite firm and the lady was generally kinder. Thought the man seemed quite moody towards me which was weird. Was my own fault for failing and don’t think I was hard done by or anything but I agree with the good cop and bad cop act. The bad cop in my scenario I felt actually kept cross checking me similarly to you. One of the stranger interviews I’ve had anyways. Felt like I was being questioned by the Gardai lol

• Registered Users Posts: 11 CP2016

I got those same numbers for Cork back in early December so it didn’t budge for a month. Hopefully it has moved since

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Kizz1977

Kildare Update.

I got the expression of interest for interview email on Friday. I am low 10’s interdepartmental stream and mid 20s open stream. Had an internal EO interview last week so its all go!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Kurokishi

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭solidasarock

Just got asked for expression on interest for a interview for Dublin.

~1000 in the open and around 500 in the interdepartmental. The message didnt state which pool they pulled me from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Hi all, I know it's not really related but hopefully someone can help.

For annual leave in the civil service. Is it correct that you need to use more or less all your leave by the end of the 3rd year?

I read circular and my understanding is you are only allowed to carry forward whatever is the difference between your allowance (say 23 days for EO) and statutory leave (20 days). So, 3 days would be max you could carry forward? I guess it means you'd have to use all additional leave accrued from previous years too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 katway

@Kurokishi got my email today too! Hopefully we hear soon about dates

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Mutt Love

For those wondering about Meath, PAS have confirmed they've called up to 31 from open and 14 from interdepartmental.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭shardor18

Has anyone got anything from Limerick since the first group of 7 open and 2 inter?

Mad Limk is in single digits and Dub is hitting 1000

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Meanman

• Registered Users Posts: 14 katway

@Meanman I was called yesterday and I am OOM 852, I think there’s a comment above saying they were also asked yesterday and they are OOM 1000 so I would say maybe a month or two for you, they are going so fast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭westhamlady

Any update on the Kerry Panel

Advertisement