Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Organising photos - tagging, searching (external drive, Windows 11)

Options
  • 29-01-2023 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭

I have my photos (all jpg, taken with Canon EOS 550D) on an external hard drive. They are only organised by date, nothing else. Obviously trying to find a particular photo is tedious.

What software would be good for making the photos searchable? Ideally the software would run from the external drive but that's not a deal breaker.

Over time I would like to add location info, names, occasion etc and be able to search. I think I tried darktable but didn't really understand how to add tags. If it's a recommended product I'll revisit.

I don't need photo editing.

From the list at https://expertphotography.com/best-photo-management-software/ it looks like Excire Foto and Corel Aftershot Pro could work.

Comments

Advertisement