Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Great Pottery Throw Down - BBC 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

Great week for builds, Tom would have stayed if he had done more sgraffito. Christine's polar bear just didn't cut it. Neck was way too long.

AJ's pots for the quick test were brilliant.

For me it's between AJ and Jenny for the win. Don't mind which.

And then we have the return of the unfunny Siobhan, that's the rest of the series ruined for me.

Ellie was a brilliant presenter, great with the contestants.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Xander10

Genuine emotion from and for Christine there.

Just realised the last of the men went last week!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,816 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Ah absolute joy, I must admit I teared up a few times along with Keith. Christine's was terrific you could see they all adored it.

AJ is an absolute genius imo...has to be the favourite.

Gutted for Jenny but I suppose she was weakest this week

For me the best of these type of shows by a country mile.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,769 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I think AJ was slightly robbed this week.

With the backstory of Christine's piece there was no way she wasn't winning unless it exploded. I'm not saying it wasn't good,it was lovely. I'm just not the biggest fan of motivationals/affirmations. That said it was a personal piece for her,not a commercial piece.

I think jenny deserved to go, she has had 2 strong weeks the last couple of weeks but she's usually bottom 2, the rest of the pack have been consistently good.

It's AJs to lose but one bad week is all it takes. Remember Claire (I think) the bodybuilder.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,776 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Just watched this tonight.... I think my favourite piece was AJ's, but agree there was no way Christine wasn't winning this week - and that's not to take away from her piece, it was amazing. But I dunno, just the whole "I had cancer" thing just didn't do it for me. Maybe i need to grow some empathy/a heart!! (and I have people close to me who've had cancer).

I was surprised Jenny didn't try to make a feature of the cracks in her piece - the two halves, and ne'er the twain shall meet, or something like that.... not sure it would have got her anywhere, but surely worth a try!

This was by far the most entertaining/ engaging week of this series for me so far, back to what the throwdown should be!!

• Advertisement

I think Anna was slightly robbed. I would have liked her to get potter of the week at least once.

That said I liked AJ's piece it was very neat.

Christine's lobster turned out better than I expected, shame about the arms/legs.

Well Lucinda looked like a lobster 🙈 but that aside I didn't really get the idea of a punch n Judy urinal to begin with. I didn't like it.

AJ's to lose but Anna might be one to watch she always stays "cool and collected" the pressure could easily get to Christine, she seems more easily rattled.

AJ clear favourite for me. I loved the knight urinal!

I thought Lucinda was a little unlucky to go.

Christine possibly. Her lobster was cute, but the legs were all a disaster it didn't flush well either. Lucinda won the challenge as well.

Yeah both of them had issues.

I'm not sure how much weight those challenges hold. I'm pretty sure someone else went when they won or came second in the challenge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,135 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Only just watched last weeks there, I would have liked Anna to win too. Especially seeing as they all thought hers was gonna to fall apart and it didn't.

AJ has to win, their pieces make up most of that room!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,071 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Agree Sammyjo90. Its AJ's win I think. That totem is fantastic

I forgot how young AJ is, such amazing talent.

I was rooting for Anna but AJ's totem was far superior (as expected). I loved the sign post on the top.

I was expecting them to have taken an apprenticeship with Keith or something along those lines, but they've gone out on their own, fair play to them.

An interesting season, started off very strong lost its way a little in the middle and finished strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,069 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Thrilled for AJ . So incredibly talented and a lovely person

Just watching now, so haven't read any comments yet - but first thoughts are, who on earth let Keith out in his confirmation suit jacket??

I don't think he's known for his fashion sense 🤣😂

Watched final today.

AJ what a worthy winner, but three terrific finalists.

So neat and precise with a really unique style, the totem was terrific.

Lovely series.

Ellie was an excellent host I thought no issue if she comes back.

Keith was on Celebrity Mastermind this evening.... poor fella did ok in his own round, but had a complete 'mare in the general knowledge!!

I'd say he's morto!!

And we're back!!!!

Christmas special with "celebs" channel 4 Christmas day 19:50.

Then new series Sunday 8th January channel 4 19:45.

Nobody watching this year?

Personal preference over most reality shows.

• Advertisement

I am, but this thread is pretty dead.

I really don't like the presenter Siobhan (I know she has her fans here) but she is ruining it for me!

I'm watching! Rarely manage to watch the show live though.

James is fast turning into the man to beat - he's really, really good!

They're a very likeable bunch this time - Fabiola was the most out-there, and even she wasn't that annoying, really.

George definitely wins the "most unlikely potter" title!

Now that she's gone, I think I just want them all to win - but I think barring a calamity, James will be in the final mix for sure. I hope Caitlin is there with him.

Those chicken pots were works of art!!

Nobody managed to make Keith cry tonight!

Loved her character in Derry Girls, but yes, likewise, I find her irritating presenting this. The Lady that stood in for her when she broke her foot was much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,071 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

I'm watching too. It's just very hard to find threads with this 'not so new now' new layout!

James is the man to beat at the moment but famous lady words

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

another great series, with some great potters.

check out Rich in the Woodland Workshop, really nice tv show.

And can we get Ellie back? Siobhan is ruining it, thinks she's way funnier than she is

Oh my god cuteness overload!!!

I loved the red panda but that's one of my favourite animals so a little biased....however it looked a little dodge when it's legs were shown.

The ferret was hilarious...an extra from "Shaun the sheep"

Helen? The one with the penguin had a very close call but she has been stronger than Derek so far, so I would have been sad to see her go this week.

I honestly don't know how Siobhan didn't get a clatter from one of them when they were doing the timed challenge. Talk about invading personal space, if she could perch on their shoulder she would have. Really unfair especially when they are using the wheel.

So what did we think of the final?

It was a little underwhelming I thought (I wonder if I'm getting fatigued at these programs as I thought the same for bake off.....or if the contestants just aren't the same calibre as their predecessors)

The builds were nice , especially when the tulips were added but I wouldn't buy any of them.

She's been very strong throughout so happy enough she won.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,102 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

• Advertisement

Advertisement