Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is my grandmother still entitled to home help if I live with her

Options
  • 28-01-2023 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I come with a question that is causing some disruption among my family. I recently moved in with my grandmother while working full time (not working from home). My question is will she still be entitled to all her regular visits from her HSE home help carer even if I am living here too.

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Heighway61

Personal care won't change. Other than that it will depend on circumstances such as when you will or won't be at home.

What service is she receiving at the moment?

A call to the phn or home help office will tell you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 welcomeoblivion

I'm out of the house between 6:30 and 17:00. 5 days a week. Her carer sees her twice a day at 9:30 and 15:00, Mon - Fri. My grandmother has dementia and generalised anxiety disorder. Every now and then she freaks out that her home help will stop arriving because sometimes we (me and home help) coincide. She says "the people have been onto me again" ie she says there are people calling and telling her this stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Heighway61

Phone the phn and spell out your needs. Circumstances are changed now. I would even try for a night visit to be added for the five days. Also phone home help and find out who was calling and why.

Advertisement