Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daily pv production

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭Galego

9.3 yesterday 1.3 today some difference!

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭olympicweights

2.3 each of the last two days, at least it's consistent.....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭rosmoke

1.95kw today from 7.4kw system oriented in all directions except north 🙈😅

1.1kwh today not great haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,483 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

After a good couple of 6kWh days in a row the last 2 days were each just below 2kWh total. Cloudy and overcast all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,903 ✭✭✭paulbok

Such an up and down month. Last 4 days only yielded 8.4kWh, less than Friday at 8.6kWh. then there was Thursday better than all those 5 days at 17.5kWh.

Still, it's covering just under 25% of consumption for the month.

Slightly better today at 5.77kw from 7.4kw system oriented in all directions except north.

Please post your array size too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

A rare gem today. Average for the month so far is just 2.4kWh which is lower than December.

Last 4 days totalled 7.4kWh.

Today's total is 8.9kWh and still going.

• Advertisement

Today 3kwh

Month of Jan 97wkh

I think Jan will beat Dec (114)

4wkp SSE in Co Meath

5.77kw yesterday, 5.77kw today from 7.4kw split across all directions except nord in Meath

• Registered Users Posts: 4,903 ✭✭✭paulbok

A decent 11.1kWh from 6.84kW (@200° 🧭) array yesterday.

Need 52kWh from the remaining 6 days of Jan to match December, so not looking likely. But just need 7.5kWh to surpass last January.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Granolite

Close to 200 degree orientation here too Paulbok. We only have our 5.6kWh roof mounted solar installed 24 hours and in our first day of generation yesterday got a total of 10.1kWh AC power yield. Grid tied so we ended up self using just 0.9kWh for the day while exporting 9.2kWh to the grid! Our total house electricity demand for the 24 hour period was just 3.6kWh so we fairly outsripped actual use in terms of generation for the 24 hour period. Happy enough with that so far!

5.6kWp - SW (220 degrees) - North Sligo

Already giving it some thought. We could have stored just half of the 9.2kWh generted and easily covered the domestic electricity use and heated water too. Have an eddi diverter included as part of the install It just needs wiring up to new water tank going in next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭DC999

Congrats on getting setup first off :) I'd say let it settle and see what you can use. There's a fair learning curve in terms of when you use power and when it's available when you first get solar. I'm only live since end of the summer and while I knew how much kWh we used per year, I was surprised to see the daily and weekly spread of that. So look at the inverter stats.

And you've an Eddi that can send the excess to the water tank. So that's your battery. You could send all the excess to the HWT for now until you find your feet with it. Then the excess isn't going back to the grid. You'll get FIT from the date the NC6 form is registered. Might take a while to appear as a credit on the bill, but will make it there.

Then you can see what else you could turn on to use it, like the washing machine.

An EV in the driveway will soak up excess once it gets above 1.4kW (which the Zappi and others need, though it can pull the balance from the grid if needed). I've some low watt electric rads plugged in so they use the solar, and means the gas heating is needed less.

There's be days with your 5.6kWp that you get 1kWh for the whole day - cloudy or rainy days winter days. Write those days off and expect nothing for solar. Everything is a bonus on those days.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

If you generated 10kWh in January you are going to be consistently in excess over house load/EDDI for a good 6/7months of the year. A battery would be a big undertaking as that would require not just a battery purchase but a hybrid inverter also (assuming you don't have one) which will mean offloading your brand new one.....

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭axe2grind

First full day, 18.2kwh from 8.69kWp south facing. I never anticipated that so much could be generated in January. And the sun didn't appear till 11.20.

Have to say .. I'm jealous with how much space some folks have on their roof. I could only fit 16 panels of 460w giving me 7.35kw and that's house + extension.

6.23kw here today in Meath. I was in city centre all day and the coast line was constantly sunny while inlands was cloudy :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Busman Paddy Lasty

16! And large panels at that. We got 5, yes a whopping 5 on the rear and 4 on the side hipped roof. 345W panels.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭yankinlk

Do u have a smart meter? At least you would get paid measured export. Battery is expensive route after install, unless you DIY.

Some cheaper options are to setup devices that consume electricity on timers and use smart plugs.

Hi DC999, thanks for welcoming me to the solar PV adventure. Its great that people are so interested and willing to share their advice on here. Of course its not a one way street and yesterday stayed cloudy all day and we only recovered 2.3kWh for the full 24 hour period. I did run a dehumidifier for two hours at 250 watts through yesterday afternoon and solar electricity ran it and the rest of the domestic baseload. Despite the reduced solar yield yesterday we still produced more than our total electricity use (1.13kwh) for the same period (We use gas for our cooking and heat the house and hot water using an oil boiler, so our electricity demand can be quite low).

I'm hoping the sun makes an appearance today as I've the dishwasher programmed to come on in 3 hours time to try and capture some of the anticipated solar yield forecasted by met eireann today!

That is reassuring to hear. Thankfully, despite opting for a grid tied set up I asked the installer to install a hybrid inverter as I felt we would rue not having the option to install a battery down the line. I'm not in a rush to do so yet. I'd like to monitor it for a while and as well see how we perform as regards FIT savings / credit on our electricity account with EI.

We have a smart meter installed but we are still signed up to a 24 hour standard rate "non-smart" contract with EI. If there is a delay getting the NC6 form submitted and approved I do hope we can still recoup the value of exported electricity we have produced to date rather than having it given back to the grid free of charge I hope that doesn't come across as too greedy! Do you know if this is the case?

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭cloughy

Feed in is from date nc6 is received as far as I know even if you have a smart meter, I don't think they backdate based on what's been sent, but still waiting my first FIT, smart meter, solar installed Sept, NC6 sent in Nov, so should see next billing what paid, as little exported in Nov-Jan,

They defintely don't backdate - I got screwed by ESBN for "losing my nc6" according to my installer.

I am on Deemed export BC im not using a SM. I assume if you dont opt-in for SM then u are ALSO on Deemed/fixed FIT rate. IE all that extra units is not going to get u any money. Then you are better to increase your self-usage of daylight! @Granolite

To: Network Services Bureau (ESB Networks) <networkservicesbureau@esb.ie>

These are the email address i sent to and received a reply from. No point pinging EI - they wont confirm anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭DownByTheGarden

Things are improving in Dublin.

11kwh so far today. Not much left in it today I think.

281kwh so far for January. Thats an average of over 10kwh per day for January so far with a few days over 20kwh.

Average for Dec was just over 7kwh per day.

• Advertisement

to be fair 65% of the production is coming from those 5 panels facing South, need to trim the trees and waiting for sun to get higher to benefit from the rest.

Advertisement