Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sinn fein expenses controversy

Options
  • 25-01-2023 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭

Deserving of a separate thread.

Those in glass house should not be throwing stones.

So sinn fein accept that the did not account for €7,000 in polling costs, they also accept that they did not pay a bill despite several requests, and they now also accept that THEY did not declare several expenditures on pr and press outing expenses.

What more will come out?

They were extremely vociferous last week and now suddenly they all seem to have got severe form of laryngitis. Watch as suddenly no sinn fein spokespeople will be available to comment on news items and you will not hear any of them on any news programmes for a few days until their lords in belfast tell them what to do.

My guess is they will wait until further revelations in the sunday indo before deciding the narrative to put out there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭eggy81

Every one of them are rotten. Top to bottom. No exceptions. Get in. Get paid. Secure pension. Get out. Improve nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Allinall

What politicians are looking to “get out”?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,556 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

• Registered Users Posts: 14,581 ✭✭✭✭elperello

But they aren't all rotten.

There are exceptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,459 ✭✭✭touts

I look forward to Mary Lou giving a full and detailed explanation in the Dail and then answering all questions TDs from other parties have. Having spent the last 2 weeks shouting that Pascal should do that it's hard to see how she can say no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭StevenToast

I thought fùck all of the paschal story....i think even less of this.....

The mileage the media give this shìte is unreal....

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 13,492 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

It was always going to backfire, people make mistakes, when you pretend that you are uniquely perfect it comes back to bite.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

Housing, health, refugees, cost of living out of control and all those dopes up in the Dail can do is bicker about a few grand here and there like a bunch of primary school kids fighting over a soccer ball. Grow up ye clowns and get on with running the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

A man was beaten to death in his hospital bed this week. Media and politicians more concerned about a few quid spent on an election donkeys years ago. Horrible horrible country now.

Damien English must be pissing himself. What was it he did again..??!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,204 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

I think there are already loads of threads about teachers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭buried

Bit difficult to throw stones when all of your hands are tied to strangling the neck of the nation. Every single politician on this island is an absolute thundering disgrace.

I'm sure the millionaires that run whatever convention centre these hoors rented out are destitute as f**k. God love them.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

Every single politician ?

And by the way one of the venues was the National Gallery.

Owned by you and me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭walterking

I'll guess you didn't read anythign about it.

They used the Royal Irish Academy on Dawson street. It is not owned by anyone and its membership is mostly made up of scholars of science and humanities. Their aim is to do research to help society in general and most will give their time free in researching the papers

They charge a reasonable fee for renting one of their meeting rooms and that fee goes into their research - here's the current projects https://www.ria.ie/research-projects

So no millionaire. It could be described as a "good cause" that sinn fein refused to pay for almost 7 years

Yeah, every politician, every single one of them.

Plenty of things are owned by you and me el, under the constitution you and me are supposed to be sovereign, that doesn't stop the regime from treating you and me and everybody else as total f**king goms

I'm sure the Royal f**king Irish Academy need the money. Look man, I don't give a monkeys f**k about Sinn Fein, to the same regard I don't give a f**k about the Royal Irish Academy. Both are scams. Both can f**k off because both serve no purpose to the ordinary Irish citizen like me. You may as well ask me to care what's currently going on in the north pole of the planet Pluto.

With respect the claim that every politician is a disgrace is untrue.

And it has been pointed out that three of the events were not held in millionaire's venues.

Furthermore there is nothing wrong with being successful in business and providing employment.

I think you are showing a very sever lack of education in your post and its obvious you do not know what the RAI does or ahs done over the decades.

Many of its projects have ensured great improvement for people's lives.

But sure you don't care - as it can only be about you and you alone. That's rather sad

If one of them was the National Gallery like you said, then it definitely was held in a multi millionaire owned venue. It's just that the regime owns it, who are multi-millionaires. Not me and you, who are supposed to own it, but I wonder how I would fare renting the thing out next weekend

Educate my ignorant peasant arse then. Show me what they have done.

Since you can't even spell correctly yourself, I'm not going to expect much.

maybe you could try clicking the link. It's not that difficult.

• Advertisement

Aggression is no substitute for reasoned discussion.

There's no regime of multi millionaires here.

We have a stable democracy.

Call down to the gallery have a look around it's free entry.

Nah of course there's no regime of multi-millionaires in this country. Everybody is in the same boat as you and me.

Stable democracy. lol. It's a stable alright.

OK

I think we are pretty much done here anyway.

No disrespect I have to turn in now early start in am.

No disrespect felt at all my friend. Good luck with your work tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭mikethecop

one is a provider providing a service the other is a group of people who aspire to lead the nation . how are the both scams

Some one who provides a service should be paid surely ? now cowered into silence for years and robbed of what is theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 7,280 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

I think the whole election expenses "scandal" is a big pile of nothing. The sum total of all this amounts to a couple of grand at most, nothing nearly worthy of the amount of time it's been receiving - especially when the country is in the midst of a number of serious crises.

I do find it interesting that someone sat on that RHA invoice info to pull out of the drawer now though

Seems the Indo has more details to publish on Sunday.

Sinn fein will need a brillo pad to wash the egg off their faces next week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭StrawbsM

I found it disgusting that the news reporting a man had been charged with murdering Matthew Healy whilst he was in a hospital ward was pushed down to the 3rd slot. And the main news story was about a mate of a politician using his van, ladders and staff to put up election banners years ago.

A MAN WAS MURDERED ON A HOSPITAL WARD! But Sinn Fein with their whiney voices didn’t deem that more important. So **** them.

They didn’t pay their invoices which is the make and break of any business, small and large. I hope their behaviour sinks them now.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,270 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Told lies on an application form in order to circumvent planning policies.

He's rightly gone

• Advertisement

100% agree, but its sinn fein that have done their best to create "scandals" from some small errors. I know in my business if a staff member made an error in account for about €2k, it would be sorted in 2 minutes and that would be the end of it.

I suspect someone in the RIA who is just sick to the teeth of sinn fein village politics remembered this issues and mentioned it to someone in the media which led to further checking and the other events that they see just an an "oversight" - but if it was another party it would be seen as a "scandal"

Sunday's revelation in the indo will be interesting. It may be drab or then it may be explosive

Advertisement