Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,807 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

1) The palaver of installing ITV channels on a SKY box.

2) that the fuckwits in SKY and or ITV cannot come up with a solution that enables you just to access the channels from the menu, as you do with more then 500 other channels straight from the box being switched on.

channels from India, Asia and more besides, watchable at two clicks of the remote but ITV ? Here with a list of instructions of **** to be changed…. Frequency, polarisation, symbol rate, FEC (feck is right), DVB-S ? (What ?), modulation….

It’s not worth the hassle…..

all I want to do is watch the snooker. 🙄

not send a fûcking rocket into orbit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭Bredabe

The learning soft wear for my IT course seems its incompatible with the system on the laptop, I get certain task materials displaying randomly/some being in different places or called different names than in the instructions or help info some arnt showing at all.

Now the work screen is showing so that I cant see the end of the dialogue box because of the written instructions at the bottom of the screen, they refused to have a group text, so I'm driving myself crazy trying to get all the tasks done.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Miscommunication between doctor and pharmacy, two months ago, no matter I'm stuck without basic crap until tomorrow 🤬

• Registered Users Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Happened me twice with two different banks. The second time related to overcharging in the 2000s. Interest rate base not properly defined in facility documentation.

Between the two, I ended up with a total refund of over €600. Not a bad return for answering a couple of phone calls that took no more than a few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,014 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

My car would just have to be malfunctioning right at the time when I am a bit tight for cash and prioritising bills, wouldn't it?

• Advertisement

Had thought I found a way to watch the snooker … the ITV / ITVX website, signed up for an account which was easy but on clicking ‘play’ the broadcast found to be…. ‘Not available in your region’.

Odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Snow, its nothing but a f****** nuisance

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭StevenToast

The way the wife loads the dishwasher boils my piss...just fùcks everything in with no regard for when it has to be emptied....

Shes pregnant so shes getting a free pass on shìt like this.......

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Duvet Day

How the hell are my feet like 2 blocks of ice when the bedroom is roasting, I have the heating on all night and a hot water bottle, was the same last night. 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 13,003 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Do you wear socks in bed?

I couldn't survive without them, sexy I know!

My annoyance is having to get up a bit earlier to allow time for the extra clothes I have laid out for layering up plus the thawing of the car.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,355 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I seem to havel lost my remote control

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Vittu

People pulling out from side roads onto main roads when they can clearly see traffic coming. F**ckwits can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

My brain tricked me this morning. I had a dream I was in the car with my nephew and the guy on the radio was listing out all the schools closed because of the heavy snow. I turned the car around and went back home because it was snowing so heavily. Couldn't understand why the car radio was still playing when I left the car though........ yeah it was my radio alarm clock. There was no snow when I got up. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Post racist **** on boards the mods will delete your post and let you continue posting.

Reply to racist post calling the racist post racist and the mods will threadban you.

Of course the usual posters will all now report my post and I will be threadbanned.

🤡🤡🤡

• Registered Users Posts: 10,527 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

It’s a “quirk” of the site, R. You just can’t call a racist/homophobe/bigot/transphobe/misogynist etc. a racist, homophobe, bigot, transphobe, misogynist etc. and you should see the reaction from them if you do.

That’s what I don’t understand, these lads proudly make their offensive statements but baulk at the idea they are being offensive.

A very “sensitive”, and hypocritical, bunch. They get so upset when an assumption is made about them but they have no point firing out generalisations, or assumptions, about whole communities, or groups.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Circulation issues... I have Raynaud's syndrome so the same issues.. try thick fluffy socks? Stamp feet to get the blood moving before bed...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,355 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That mobile data on my uk isn’t working , but roaming on my Irish iPhone is .

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I wouldn't have been able to sleep in your house last night with the heating on. I had the heating off since 10pm so it's nice and cool. The duvet is enough to keep me warm comfortably.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

So trivial but when you open a box of tissues and because of the way they are packed, you have to kinda tear the first ones in order to get them out. 😁

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,183 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Mod - You're taking the piss with these posts, if you have feedback about moderation or about the forum in general you know where to raise it, either the aptly named Feedback forum or the Help Desk forum.

Any more of this will definitely mean a break for the forum

Mod: No disputing Mod instructions on thread. The general Boards-wide rule "don't be a d*ck" also applies.

Post edited by New Home on

Shop nearby on my way home which has been closed since the onset of the pandemic has reopened …. Looks like under new management / ownership as all new staff which you’d expect and what looked like a new owner in and about the place today … I get a couple of things, take them to the till… the owner / manager scans “ that will be €5.30”… ( no hello, please or thank you ) …I hand in a tenner to get told EXTREMELY abruptly …”we don’t take cash”….she’s almost insulted I offered it.

I just smile, leave the items on the till and walk out. The other shop, thriving, is about a two minute walk away….staff are extremely friendly, professional, helpful, courteous and cheerful in their interactions with the customers and each other, as always.. A world away from Hitlers sister next door. Gladly be inconveniencing myself to take an extra two minutes walk over to the other place.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,347 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Mod note: Just a reminder that there's no such thing as "freedom of speech" in Boards.ie, a private forum. Among other reasons, it's because Boards.ie could be legally liable for what's allowed to be posted on their forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

People not closing the tabs on the top of cereal boxes

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,347 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Stupid prices going up...

I'd been keeping an eye on an external SSD on the Argos website, 2TB, discounted to €169. Although it appeared to be in stock, I checked every single branch in Ireland and none of them had it. It was also out of stock for home delivery. I rang Customer Services who confirmed the same, but told me to use the "email me when back in stock" facility, which I did. Not only is it still out of stock, but now the price has gone up to €239. No way am I spending that much.

The same item was also on sale in Currys for €199 but was also out of stock. That hasn't changed, but the price is now showing as €289. FFS.

Sky Rocketing Inflation in my own hobby too, model railways.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,430 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Celebrities who contort their bodies into alien form to appear "attractive" and yet completely ignore how irritating they sound.

Dear Barbies, if you're going to be that vain, for the love of everyone who must listen to you, take voice lessons!

Post edited by Deja Boo on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I'm actually getting sick of seeing people with "work done" on the tv.

Of all the things to be cancelled I'd love that to be one.

The days of little discreet little "nips and tucks" seem long gone. The work done now adays, to me is just awful and very obviously fake. Ridiculous looking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,430 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

The quote feature doesn't always work on vanilla - hello TA!

@Princess Calla I know what you mean, do they really think alien looks better than natural? Meg Ryan comes to mind.

I saw a Nutrisystem ad with Marie Osmond, who said "our bodies change with age" ---lol, that's rich coming from someone who is turning herself into a Michael Jackson look alike - age didn't do that to you, hun!

MJ or Marie? who knows...

Post edited by Deja Boo on

Advertisement