Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,764 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Spanish Super cup final, Madrid Vs Barcelona… a competitive match, one of the jewels in the crown of domestic Spanish football…..so erm where is it being played ? Madrid ? Barcelona ? Malaga ? Granada ? Valencia ? Torremolinos ? ? Nope…. ….It’s in Saudi Arabia ! Facilitating…Politics and ego and money…yet again. And fûcking over football supporters.

this shît is everywhere now.

The ground there holds about 69,000 people. There are around 35,000 - 40,000 in attendance, by my guesstimate. Atmosphere is like plainly like a morgue on funeral day, not a cup final.

The regular attendances in Spain for these matches is double the above…

look forward some day to see the inclusivity of the All Ireland final in Karachi… 6 nations matches in Khartoum….will be so inclusive that about 5% of fans can afford to go. When and why did it become a thing that western nations must start pandering to all these other countries with their interests, events and stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

• Registered Users Posts: 37,712 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Is there any truth too the 'best pint of Guinness in Ireland' ballax ?

Tbh it's must be pretty subjective, I'd have the odd pint of Guinness but don't understand all the stuff yer man on YouTube be waffling on about

is that the same fella who keeps referring to his pint as the…. ‘blonde in the long black dress’ ?

All the ‘scientific’ stuff like the bubbles, presentation/size of head, condensation etc is a load of hokey. (That’s my TA)

its a drink, nothing more….not an intergalactic space liquid.

ive had pints of Guinness that looked perfect but tasted rough, that looked not perfect, in fact thrown up at me but were nice….there is a music venue in the city and pints are just pulled en masse and not to order, not perfect looking, thrown up, but the taste, temperature and consistency is perfect. They really don’t even get to settle after the first pour.

that said it’s a nice idea going around rating the product in multiple establishments… he did my local as one of his reviews and I just thought if he’s anyway less 110% pleased he’s an absolute spoofer, but he raved about it and the pub.

Think he’s the real deal because he absolutely slates a couple of others…. He would have been kicked out if what he said has been heard on one occasion…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,990 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I absolutely will not answer either a private or unknown to me number.

If they are important, they will leave a voicemail.

Otherwise chances are it's a sale's pitch.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 30,148 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When people witter on about how good another country is compared to Ireland after them spending a summer/few years there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I worked with a guy years ago from a midlands town and this young adult female from his town moved to England for a year and came back and has been speaking with an English accent ever since.

Send me a link of the guy you were on about

One thing about these channels is that it gives an interesting look at pubs around the place

• Advertisement

he is @arthur.guinness on TikTok thought he uploaded it to YouTube too but alas my mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I need to go to the GP to have a few things checked out. I have metatarsal pain in my right foot for the last three weeks which isn't getting any better. I also want to get my blood pressure checked out. Sadly I just don't have the time or money to go at the moment so I'm eating the Nurofen and paracetamol for the metatarsal pain at the moment. The cold weather certainly doesn't help with the pain 😣

Also, in regards to deaf parents, my Dad is practically stone deaf in his left ear. He won't bother getting himself checked for a hearing aid. He has the tv blaring at full volume in the living room. If I'm trying to tell him something he has to mute the tv so he can hear what I'm saying.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Someone before me ordered all but two of the sausage rolls.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Passed a course mate in the corridor, I said hi and she glared at me! at break she ran out the door checking over her shoulder at me.

Lady get a grip, you know that bus stop doesn't really suit me and I have NO interest in trying to make conversation with someone who has no interest in anything but getting a running commentary on her bus route/timetable/midpoints. Esp when you won't let me be quite.

Ta the arrogance of some ppl.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,700 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Ridiculous attitude.

There are any number of reasons why a number might not be familiar. Here's a few that I have received that were either private or I didn't recognise.

1/ Blood test results from doctor's surgery

2/ Hospital routed via switch

3/ Credit card company where staff are working from home

4/ Mechanic when my car is being serviced - ringing from his mobile

5/ Breakdown assistance when I was stuck on the side of the road at midnight

6/ Bank ringing to advise of interest refund on a 1990s loan

7/ Courier ringing about a delivery - couldn't find my address

Some of these people could have left messages. But they're not always easy to get when you call back - especially doctor or hospital.

If it's a sales pitch just tell them to go f*ck themselves and hang up.

More weird then annoying, or weird and annoying …finished up tonight and sitting on the wall outside the fitness club… im having a drink and waiting for a lift when this strange stranger comes over, about 45, he sits on the wall about 4 foot away from me (the wall is about 25 feet long). And proceeds to eat a sandwich, out of a bag, with a fork 😏…. He begins talking in a language sounding more native to the Indian subcontinent… I just presume he has a hands free earpiece… finish my drink, get up… he has no phone, earpiece, microphone, he’s still having an animated yap to himself…. Wireless but wired to some undisclosed fûckin Galaxy.

glad I had to get going.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,364 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

People. I'm a dyed-in-the-wool extrovert, but mother of god, I've had my fill for the day.

Unfortunately I'm related to and on holidays with the ones who are annoying me most...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,197 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Euphemisms used in the media these days. I honestly didn’t know whether it annoyed me more than amused me. Let’s call it an odd annoyance.

Ok I know it was a serious news item, some fella tried to hire a hitman to kill two women. And it backfired etc.

But what did the news keep saying? The wife of yer man ‘made friends’ with two Canadian women. ‘Made Friends?’ Said I. Only then was the real craic revealed.

I would have loved to be at the RTE meeting when they decided on the ‘made friends’ wording! Why lads?

It sort of annoyed me anyway.

Post edited by gormdubhgorm on

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,102 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

6/ Bank ringing to advise of interest refund on a 1990s loan

Yeah, that happens regularly alright.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,289 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Peoe who say kudos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,257 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Filling out a fairly detailed medical questionnaire and making myself feel like a crock in the process.

Also TA that there will doubtless be follow up questions despite filling everything out to a point where I'll only be repeating information to whoever.

When threads get ruined by people repeating the same shite over and over.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,990 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Dramatik

When your shirt or jacket decides at a random moment to pluck a single hair out of your beard

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,314 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Yes! Or the zip pinches your chin/throat!

No you need to do it in separate posts. Wait a few hours and say it again. Then maybe wait til the next day and repeat your story again and again and again 😴😴😴

• Registered Users Posts: 5,769 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

The amount of ice rivers on the footpath from people throwing water over their car to defrost it and the run off streams that creates.

Between that and dog sh1t grrrr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

The low lying winter sun - hate it

Advertisement