Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,379 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

People.who.put.a.fullstop.between.every.word.in.a.text.message.It.makes.them.very.hard.to.read.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,124 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Have a craving for jam tarts and I don't feel like budging 😡

• Registered Users Posts: 13,447 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

TA'd that it's over and went by so quickly like every year... also now there is no good TV on.

'n what the foook is up with it being mid-January already, wasn't it New Years eve just last weekend!

Happy Friday the 13th tomorrow folks, and good luck! *expects a spike in TA's tomorrow*

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,295 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Deja Boo suddenly realises she doesn't have work tomorrow 🤣🤣

My TA, I glanced at the notification for this and saw "MOD WARNING" and thought wtf have I said now? 🤣🤣🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 30,346 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Having to work late on a Friday to explain something so basic to an American colleague who then had the gall to ask me if I actually did my job or just pretended to do so 🤬🤬🤬

That's right, blame the woman for you being a thick prick. I bet he wouldn't speak to a male colleague like that.

Now I will be expected to log on tomorrow to deal with whatever bloody response he comes back with.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Another TA: I'm trying to source something from the web, so I sent a number of questions to a few local companies, after going through their websites in detail. One of them replied addressing me by the wrong name (hint: my actual name is written at the bottom of my email!) and asking me to give them my phone number so they could answer my questions. Why can't you email me back? Is it because you don't want to have a track record of the quotes and details I've requested?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Frankly, Tauriel, I wouldn't bother. Work/life balance and all that. If he wants to be an ar$ehole, he can do it on company time, don't waste your weekend on him. Plus, it'll give you time to come up with a good comeback. Uh, I dunno, something like "Of course I'm doing my job, it would seem I'm also doing yours, seeing as you can't grasp such a basic concept and I have to waste my time explaining it to you."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,399 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That you can’t multi delete Facebook notifications. I have ALOT of cousins, mostly in the uk and Canada. I don’t care about your dog in the snow/ bath.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

Shaving cut in an awkward place where I really don’t need it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,824 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I want to pick up a foot care product in Boots, but only one store in Dublin has it in stock, sold out everywhere …

Of course the store that has it is 13 kilometres away.

Wait, wut? no way...

IT ISSSSSSS!!!! :D

How did I miss a whole day ??? ---right, waiting on delivery dude!

Ads for Royal Match. I play Words with Friends and it’s constant ads for that app with no X to stop. I’ll NEVER get it now because of it

Sounds like a reasonable question for Mike.ie to ask Vanilla every time they ignore his boards fix requests.

I am sorry you have to deal with anyone that childish, Tauriel!

Did you know that GMAIL worked as a time machine?

I got this email not haf an hour ago:

This…. AGAIN…

businesses that make it absolutely impossible for you to contact them or find the information you need in this case to operate maintenance on an aspect of their product I spent about a grand on….

I have an enquiry that relates to user maintenance on a piece of fitness equipment.

the user manual doesn’t have the info, despite this being practically THE most crucial aspect of preventative maintenance that relates to the machine.

the live chat help on their website isn’t live chat at all… when you type your query in the box instead of a conversation with a human and a pathway to a solution it brings up the URL for their user manual which I fûckin have anyway that doesn’t answer the question, in fact isn’t in anyway relevant to the concise and accurately worded query I sent to them…

I trawl through their website, find an email address, buried… email them and get an automated response…. “Due to the high volume of emails at this time your response could be 7-9 working days, we apologise for any inconvenience”…

there isn’t a high volume of emails, there are insufficient staffing levels and insufficient interest in helping your clients…. Pricks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,393 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Adults who are scared of everything.

Aaaand another one. This one gave me a two hours' timeframe today in which to ring him. Obviously, I only saw the email waaay after. Are they allergic to writing, or what?

• Advertisement

...especially those who use that as an excuse so "Someone else can do it. Eeeewh!".

• Registered Users Posts: 13,824 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Another Teams post, because FVCK TEAMS!

You can enable Teams to open files in their native apps rather than through their crap integrated apps within Teams which are slow are fooooook. But, now every time you open a file from Teams, it gives a little popup saying that they're opening it and you can continue to use Teams. Well no duh! And it can't be disabled, because MS want Teams to be the worst program on the planet which is not user friendly in the slightest!

It's up there with (yes, you guessed it, MS) Outlook not acknowledging that people work nights, so they can't set their "working hours" within Outlook because it can't cross beyond midnight!

I hate MS.

I also now hate Google. Because Google is now the worst search engine out there which gives ads rather than results. The latest I'm getting is that it's giving me shopping results in British punt. Or when I search for "buy [item] Ireland" it gives basically just Amazon UK and those crap eBay like sites full of dodgy sellers.

Why the fück am I awake at half two in the morning looking up yudane bread recipes, when at half seven in the evening I'm channelling a narcoleptic (or a kitten)?

Someone replied to a post of mine and they are , the only person on my ignore list

• Registered Users Posts: 33,038 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Irish folk on radio who can't, or won't, pronounce the TH sound correctly.

Matt Cooper is a wil' man for it.

He doesn't pronounce it when it's meant to be, such as in THIGH, instead saying TIE.

And then he pronounces it when it's meant to be silent, as in Emma THOMPSON, and it just sounds silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Especially the ones who won't answer calls from private / unknown numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,393 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Some of them won't answer calls full stop! My ex's ex would let the phone ring out and then text him back immediately.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

I tried listening to Matt Cooper in the early days but couldn't stand the way he said things like 'nooooze' (news) and 'Saher-day' etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I sware that every half used or almost empty pen make their way to the house I live in and distribute themselves at random around the house.

That's the only reason I can figure for one place to have so many pens that don't work or are running out on ink.

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Post edited by Bredabe on

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement

it’s a nice, safe, quiet and calm area here, but just as I was drifting off to sleep last night there was a crash outside involving two motor vehicles… sound of engines revving , a loud thud/crack and glass smashing.

a minute or two after it occurred I got up, the two cars were driving slowly away. Obviously two sets of boy racers / criminal vermin up to no good or no tax / insurance and weren’t hanging around for the Gardai….road this morning is absolutely covered in glass and bits of car trim….. can vermin / urchins / scumbags kindly remain in their own locality and not be fùcking up the peace, tranquillity, safety and general niceness and cleanliness of the area please ……here is looked after diligently by both the residents and council so…. kindly keep your grimy, scummy, urchinesque manner and ways to your own little filth pits and desist from scumbag shenanigans.. much obliged.

Advertisement