Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TIDAL (Equiv to Spotify) for 1.11/month SEE OP POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Shanee.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭bromley52

There's an intro offer on the AR homepage at the moment, 3 months for the equivalent of 18c

• Registered Users Posts: 12,505 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭dendof

I signed up a while back using Argentina VPN. For some reason my plan ended a couple of months ago. Have been trying to re-subscribe but keep getting an error and to contact customer support. Just wondering if anyone has had similar before I contact them? though I doubt they'll put it through under a diff country for me

EDIT: Got it there, using different account on desktop

Post edited by dendof on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭smilerf

Has anyone had tidal before left and tried to resign

It won't let me

Keeps saying sorry you are not eligible for a trial and will go no further

I don't want a trial

Its very frustrating

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

Tried that

Tried PayPal and cc

Nothing

• Advertisement

I emailed them I used to live in Turkey

I'm now back in Ireland

But they are saying I'm still in turkey and they don't do turkey anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭newmember2

What am I missing, I'm getting quoted ARS 145/month for the Hifi Plus plan, but I cannot see how to sign up? It brings me through to a Sign up or log in screen but then doesn't accept an email address. I need a FB or twitter account to be able to proceed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

I just signed up in the last half hour

Hola Browser with Argentina as the location and Revolut Virtual card

It showed an error or 2 as I was going through the process but i just hit enter a few times at each stage and it seemed to get through eventually

All playlists transferred over using Tune My Music

Thanks all

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭ImportMeHappy

What a brilliant bargain , thanks OP!

I’ve been using Tidal with Roon for 6 months now, high fidelity streaming bliss! Only wish I saw this alert sooner

I used VyperVPN on an iPad set to Argentina, a new gmail account and created a virtual CC in Revolut, left the VPN on all through the signup and payment, worked first time.

is there any way to get the pup up notifications in english and not spanish lol

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Ronanc1

Forgive my ignorance but when you set up a virtual card and the free month elapses does the money automatically get taken from the general Revolut balance or do you have to specifically link the virtual card to Google pay etc. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭bromley52

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭ImportMeHappy

It's a high end hifi music library primarily so only worth considering if you have a lot of lossless music on local storage. Similar to Audrvana (far cheaper option). You install it on your local network, either using a NUC running Roon OS, docker or straight into an OS. It identifies all supported music devices as Roon endpoints and you can easily play to any device (bit like an open Sonos setup). It's local network only though unless you want to get into complex VPN setups.

What I like is the excellent UI and recommendation engine so when you finish listening to your favourite locally stored albums it'll automatically start playing similar music from your connected subscription services like Tidal or Qobuz. Also reviews syndicated from music journalists. And the native apps for iPad and Android are very stable and family friendly.

It's a slippery slope, but if you're into high-end Hifi, Roon is excellent, and likewise if you're just streaming to a phone or tablet don't even go there!

Has anyone any tips the easiest/cheapest way to be set up to listen to the atmos audio properly

atm my phone is set up with his res audio and hi res headphones or via Aux to mini hifi for master audio

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Debub

Saw Tidal HiFi Plus for $145 (ARS) in Argentina - that is about €1.00 for the premium plan! So I can just use an Argentina server on VPN and then sign up using Revolut card?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Correct. I use the reg HiFi plan and its 73c (99ARS)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,505 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Yep, thats what I have. Payment last month was €1.51.

Youtube Premium down to €1.29 so Tidal should come down this month. Peso has taken a hit!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,566 ✭✭✭Treppen

If you aren't too bothered with VPN and whatnot you can get Tidal student for €5 per month. Just need a students school email. I used my kids decimal school email, ( maybe it's tied to a Microsoft outlook education account or whatever)

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Not sure why you wouldn't be bothered, you only use the VPN to sign up and then it works away like normal. It's a no-brainer really!

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Debub

My Revolut doesn’t show an Argentinian account - as in Argentinian currency option. How can we pay ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

The money will be taken in euro and converted. You don't need to have Argentinian currency.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭clio_16v

Does it work with n26 or do you have to use revolut?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,544 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Latest monthly charge for my Argentinian family account worked out at 0.75 euro on N26.

The Argentinian currency has halved in the last 12 months.

Brilliant service.

Advertisement