Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Septoplasty: anyone else had it?

Options
  • 14-12-2022 11:26pm

I have been scheduled for this surgery in April, having been assessed by an ENT surgeon as having a severely deviated septum. Have been suffering pain & pressure around right maxillary area nonstop, recurrent infections, post nasal drip, constant need to breath by mouth, very disturbed sleep. I’ve no allergies detected, so surgeon expects a good result, and says he particularly enjoys slightly challenging work like my own case.

Surgeon knows I’m well clued in, have googled it, You Tubed it etc, so know a reasonable bit of what to expect. He also knows I’m unable to take nsaids. 

I’ve had several major surgeries before, to remove colon, to remedy bowel strangulation, knee replacement, as well as other surgeries, so no stranger to a bit of the surgical wars & major complications. But no fan of it either!

Has anyone else undergone this procedure and if so, what has been your own experience and any advice you can offer?

Thanks

Comments

Advertisement