Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three Ireland 5G

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,590 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

Cheers. I'll try one last time tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭feargantae

I'm travelling at the minute and I get full 5G across many EU countries with speeds around 500Mb. It's funny cos I'm on the old €20 keep-your-credit plan so I don't get 5G at home!

Tempted by the new €15 plan though...

• Registered Users Posts: 25 mushroom

Any current 3 customers try join that new '3pay Hero' plan by leaving 3 to another network for a few days? Wondering if it's possible..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Any news on iPhone support for 3's wifi calling? Seems to only be older Samsung devices for some reason

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

Wrong thread...

Post edited by FlubberJones on

Why would you cancel VM for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Hi All,

I got the new €15 "3pay Hero" and find speeds are really low compared to the €20 package....Anyone else change over and find there speeds been alot lower (throttled perhaps) or maybe find no difference...Be good to hear others...

Im getting 3/4Mb when i would have been getting 19/20Mb

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭1992ChainGang

I'm on the same plan, it tends to really fluctuate. I'm in south Dublin and in my home I have 5G with really fast speeds, but last week I was getting the bus in to town and it was going from 3G to 4G to 5G all in the space of 5 mins depending where I was.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

Happens me all the time on Bill pay sometimes I've 3 bars 5G and by the time I open speedtest in a stationary position it's gone back to H - maybe it's my phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭larchielads

So got myself a 5g phone , currently on hero plan 15euro. The 5g speeds are slow to non existent around Waterford city. The 4g not much better. Only reason I switched to 3 is that I couldn't get signal in work on Gomo. 😁 Gomo was flyin for me around town was gettin about 80mbs easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Was on the hero plan too and first 3 weeks the speeds were great at home but final week off 28 days cupid hardly load a webpage.

Customer service useless. Kept trying to blame my handset even though if I travel a few kms up the road I get full coverage again. Week onto customer service got me nowhere so going to have to go back to Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 cshk

Some speeds there...What device are you using?

Can anyone recommend a cheap and cheerful 5g router? Have a 3g/4g router at the moment and would upgrade if it meant above speeds and decent coverage of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 cshk

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Anyone know if the new hero plan supports 5G roaming?

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭zoom_cool

Are you still getting good speed thinking of going with this 5G option

• Registered Users Posts: 11 BringerOfRainX1

I've been getting good speeds on average around 120-180mbps. Max it goes is around 250mbps. In the evenings at peak times it does go under 100mbps often. I'm about 9km away from the nearest mast but I'm on top of a high hill so that helps. It's definitely a massive upgrade over 4G+ anyway which was anywhere between 10 to 80mbps.

Post edited by BringerOfRainX1 on

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭SPAWKER

Can anyone tell me if this auto renews or do you have to keep topping it up ?

Also anyone using this in a router full time without any issues or is it a no no ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 BringerOfRainX1

You can set it to auto renew with my3. Yeah it works fine in a router been testing it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭legrand

off hand - Does Three offer 'try before your buy' (context: home BB with 5g router)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭-=al=-

I believe you get a 14 day cooling off period to return it no strings attached

• Registered Users Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Online purchase only , in all other cases you have to prove persistent network issue which might be hard as their thresholds are quite low

https://community.three.ie/t5/Handsets-Devices/Returning-a-Device/ta-p/687750

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭dannijuno

speeds are brutal .. 48 and gomo on 4g are much faster!

Yea in my area GOMO is far better (Have that on my mobile) but I want a sim for the internet router so would be data heavy-ish and might go over 120Gb, Speeds where shocking on €15 package and i went back to the old sim with €20 a month and its faster but not up to GOMO speeds (Masts are around same distance away so its not like gomo is closer),

Speeds with my €15 was around 1-3/4Mb and on the €20 sim its around 10/11 around peak time, At night 12am) they would be 6/7Mb on €15 to 30/40Mb on €20 but I needed it for work so 1/2 or 3 Mb wasn't good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭emy

I moved from Tesco to Three, €20 (3 Prepay 20) and a phone, the speed is very good in Blanch, 173/19Mb upload. I am thinking whether to keep virgin media or to get rid of it. When going shopping with tesco mobile I had no coverage at all in some of the shops, with three the signal stays steady on 5G everywhere. Is it valid that the 3 Prepay Hero has lower 5G speed compared with 3 Prepay 20? I was thinking to go for 3 Prepay Hero and add €5 add-on 100 int minutes, it will suit my needs, if the 3 Prepay Hero has lower speed I ll stick with 20 plan for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

When going shopping with tesco mobile I had no coverage at all in some of the shops, with three the signal stays steady on 5G everywhere

This should not be the case, they're using the same radios and 5G is generally poor indoors.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭emy

Contrary the 5g is very good indoors, really impressed so far. The IPTV works very well connected on my phone's Hotspot.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Im on the old 20E/mo deal (keep the credit and get the AYCE data) but started to latch 5G cells on NYE passing through Dublin. We weren't meant to get that.... 300 odd meg down while footfall was very high. Can't fault that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Three Ireland is to offer 5G as standard on all plans, at no extra cost.

Customers will receive a text message when it's activated on their account. A compatible phone is required.

5G uptake is low, according to Comreg, with only 796k customers in Ireland using the service from their network.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭feargantae

Great news! Effective 16 Jan.

I used to get close to 1Gb down on 5G. Wonder how much it'll be now once everyone has 5G access as standard, phone dependent of course.

Advertisement