Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rudolph Day

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Maybe it was the dark evening, or the horrible weather or the Malteaser Reindeer but yesterday's Rudolph day felt the most Christmassy of them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,119 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Be easy to forget our eleventh and final Rudolph day of 2022 what with it being the LLTS day, but do remember it's this coming Friday.

Think there's s few here planning Christmas related activities though 😉

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I like to think of this as a gift to us Christmas Forum posters. Rudolph day, toy show day and decoration day all wrapped up in one!

November and January are my two favourite Rudolph days, November the hype is real and January as I usually still have Christmas treats to eat and the festive feeling is still strong!

• Advertisement

I admire anyone who can carry real festive spirit over into the latter end of January, by that stage I'm screaming for April & May to arrive!!

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

You need to buy more Christmas treats so they carry over until late January haha

I have 2 piranha's for children, there is no chance of treats lasting beyond the season 🤣

We have a new Bank Holiday in early February next year to help us through January.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭BK5

Have to say I like the Rudolph Day in June, it means we are at the halfway mark and Christmas in July happens in a few places and also the first tingles of a new Christmas is starting like @freshpopcorn telling us that "we have only one more non-Christmas month" 😊

• Advertisement

Happy Last Rudolph Day of 2022!

Hope everyone has a great Friday and weekend. I think a hell of a lot of decorations will be going up this weekend.

11 of 11... next one is January.... tis the season folks!

Happy Rudolph/LLTS/decorations/unofficial start of season Day 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Happy Rudolph Day!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,225 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Happy Rudolph Day!!! Wearing a Christmas jumper today 🎉🎉

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Happy Rudolph Day elves here’s to a great season x

Some dates for your Calendar.... well not really dates more observations...

There are 3 Saturday Rudolph Days this year, 1 Sunday and 1 Friday, so 5 Rudi Days out of 11 fall on the weekend which is good.

The last Rudolph Day in Nov (and the best one IMO) falls nicely on a Saturday, meaning most of us will have the tree up, Christmas music will be playing, Christmas Ads everywhere to be seen.... and a Saturday to enjoy and soak it all in.

The 25th of June is looking tasty... might be a perfect Sunday to do a full Christmas dinner. Well minus the sprouts!

No desert for you unless you eat at least one spout, young man!

I don't think you can get sprouts in June, that's why I said no sprouts, I actually like sprouts haha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

And frozen sprouts truly are the work of the devil. Water mush!

Reminder that Rudolph day 1 of 11 for 2023 is upon us tomorrow so have those christmas socks & turkey & cranberry sandwiches ready to rock!!

1 of 11 of 2023

Happy Rudolph Day Everyone. Hopefully the next few will come around quicker than this one. Can't believe it's only been a month since Christmas Day, feels like 3 months ago.

Happy Rudolph Day all, definitely hope next one doesn't take as long to come around!

Completely agree how is it a month ago is beyond me.... feels like so much has happened since.

Happy Rudolph Day everyone, first one always feels like a landmark moment in the countdown.

Think I'll have a Pud tonight to celebrate, down to 5!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Happy Rudolph Day, everyone! Just realised it when I went to record the date for work. Think I'll have some Christmas pudding later...if I remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,806 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Happy Rudolf Day everyone. Can't decide between a mince pie or a mini pudding - might have to have both 😂.

• Advertisement

Advertisement