Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTÉ is a disgrace

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Soaps, cookery and general reality TV, the sorts of "drivel" which has "some" following from simpletons. I would include the so called quizzes as well. Just more cheap TV to fill in the hours. And not to mention the Toy Show, the most watched programme. It is easy for the producers to fool the simpletons into consuming this output in vast numbers. No need for them to design more highbrow content to appeal to the non simpletons.

Fill in those hours with politcal discussion programmes, reruns of proper TV programmes from the supposed Golden Ages of the past, serious documentaries and opera, and other "decent" content. That would turn the simpletons away, and leave our screens a place worthy of proper people. And of course the endless hours of sport should be done away with, it only panders to the lowest of the low.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

They had that Mike Murphy’s best bits programme on for about the 25th time on New Year’s Day. About an hour or so later that breakfast crew hidden camera show got its repeat. I have to say Mike Murphy’s stuff from 30/40 years ago really showed them up for the dross that it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭glitterIsland

I got another dose of Bond last night from RTE and I love Bond so all is forgiven now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,641 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I only use RTE these days fleetingly, might randomly flick about and catch the odd thing, good dramas like Inside, but then again its a BBC import. It seems RTE has lost a flagship position of having good traditional music programmes eg, Come Whest..., Pure Drop, High Reel, the annual Fleadh Cheoill series, The Raw Bar and TG4 has taken over that position with some excellent trad coverage. Also classic rock programmes such as Under Ether, No Disco, The Eleventh Hour and the like. The Main Stage shows some promise if only they would get rid of the two annoying presenters and get someone experienced like Dave Fanning or Leagues O'Toole. Streaming TV otherwise is where its at, discovering some fantastic stuff on Apple TV at the moment.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

The women make a great job of the six one and are easy on the eye.

• Advertisement
Advertisement