Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW 17 - Matchday Thread 🎅

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,778 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Grealish off, Foden on, let's hope that Foden can show Grealish how to score

Strujk (Greenwood)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,288 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Cancelo on for the cameo FS

It was destined to happen Shaw points stay on bench Grrrrr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,033 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I did think Leeds were going to get one, they were attacking enough. As a non City defender owner, that's a great goal for me, especially with Cancelo's cameo.

Haaland should have got his hat trick there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Very nearly a Leeds second...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭crushproof

Hate this game. Captain Bruno was outstanding last night but no rewards and KDB the same tonight. Yet no rewards. Cancelo comes and they concede.

And of course all my rivals captained Haaland and also got 9 points for Kepa. Eurgh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭shmeee

Should be hitting the 100 club tonight, 110 live score. When this game goes good, its very good but when it's bad - it's beyond misery.

To be fair captaining anyone but Haaland is asking for trouble, especially city playing a very open Leeds team, if anything your lucky that Haaland only has 2 goals - he could have had 4. I also didn't think Bruno was that good last night?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭skippy15

Ye same, ffs would have broken the100 points too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

89 points. If I hadn’t tinkered in Stephen’s morning it would have been 108.

95 points I think in the end with 3 1 pointers from cancelo,foden and James.

Happy from a fairly panicked wildcard or whatever it's called but have plenty to think about

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

99 pts , nice green arrow from 112k to 63k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,480 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

86 and a big fat red arrow down to 186k OR.

Post edited by MEGA BRO WOLF 5000 on

Captaining Bruno is absolutely suicide over haaland 99 times in 100. Poor decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭crushproof

Poor attempt at trying to get a differenial and catch up on rivals.

Big ewww here.

70 points and it looks like that'll be below or around average.

92 all out. Benching Trippier the big regret. KDB over Salah is a miss at the first attempt.

Green arrow though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Despite my stupidity of picking James and Wilson, looks like I'll end up on 92...should see me break inside the magic 2M OR barrier 🙄

You ain't catching up with anyone making decisions like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

103 points in total this round and I'm currently ranked 653 overall. James was my only disappointment.

I'm doing so well so far that I'm caught in two minds going forward between wanting to (i) Differentiate and go with Salah as captain choice to try and break in to top 100 or (ii) protect my current position by sticking with Haaland as captain choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭claw

108 points thanks to Mitrovic subbing in for Martinez. Big jump of over 500k places up to around 630k.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

It's honestly ruining some of my enjoyment this year. Haaland is a big problem for FPL.

Different captains was arguably the most fun part. But this year going against Haaland is idiotic

I actually think somewhat the opposite, it's now in theory a fairer game as your not getting lucky or crucified by a 50/50 captain choice. Was it a couple of seasons ago where we saw City with a DGW and some TC Sterling/Sane, who ended up getting 20 mins over two games, while Aguero got like 80+ points for those the TC him. A simple decision effectively ended some players seasons - and given the form of Sterling/Sane at the time it was understandable picking them. Granted it was fun for those that got it right. But one captain choice shouldn't make/break someone's season.

Now it's how good are you at picking 10 other players and a bench. I even liked the way we got the unlimited transfers - the second chance league - with all the information from the first half of the season, there are so many good cheap options this year returning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭munster87

The second chance league is only there for one reason, trying to revive the 7 or 8 million dead teams for a few weeks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭macraignil

Only Darwin, Cancelo and Saliba blank and miss out on Robertson 8points on my bench but 97 all out and HEWT. Up to 650,000OR from 917,000 at start of game week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭Gusser09

78. Not happy with that at all. The differentials are killing me.Frustrating game if were honest. I'll triple cap Haaland for evertons visit to the eithad this weekend.

I don't wholly disagree, but essentially not having a captain makes it way harder to chase down people.

Maybe it's just me being cranky, but I think the game has got less enjoyable over the last few years.

yes and no, I would hazard a guess that Haaland has been auto captain for the last 12 games maybe when he's been fit? So if someone has a big lead, is that because of their skills of picking players, you can get lucky of course, but if it's not your captain, it's probably going to be no more than 12 points. Now if someone is 50 points ahead of you already, that's about 3 points each GW - there is still plenty of time for you to turn that around as big a gap as that may seem. If you get to 5 weeks out and your still chasing that far behind - sure gamble of a different captain, but otherwise try picking players that you think will be better than what your opponent has.

Flip argument could be it's harder to run away from people without a captain either.

• Advertisement

Correct re Halaand making the game a little boring this year. The differentials are also so tiny every week that I can't see myself catching some people in my league that are only 40 points ahead of me. It's amazing. Last year that could have been done with 1 good week and the right captain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭thefallingman

101 with my rashford captain gamble paying off bigtime, it's actually boring everyone picking haaland week after week i do it myself 99% of the time

yeh I think I'll have to be braver going forward to close the gap.

Rashford in for Salah what do you think?

The haaland captaincy issue is an interesting one no doubt, there is massive gains to be potential made on the whole game but also massive losses, not captaining him is enough of a differential without going left field on the pick also.

The problem with not captaining him besides the amount he scores, is it's mainly just plain gambling although against some of the better top 6 sides there is possibly arguments to be made and maybe when we get into the later champions league games and fixture congestion is ramped up you might be able to fall on the right side of pep roulette with him.

Even when you do get it right with a differential you may not gain that much either, hindsight is 20/20 but this first round of games back feels like an impatient punt.

But if or when people do decide to gamble more against him, there is huge potential gains to be made but also huge potential losses and for me no way really yet at least to work out a good strategy to oppose him outside of gamble or gut

He needs to be massive money next year. Like 15m plus. But I reckon he'll be 13m, and everyone will have him again.

I remember when I used to celebrate captain points 😂

Id nearly guarantee 99% of managers will skipper Erling again Everton. Would you TC him? That could be huge this season if its gotten right. The lad could hit 4 or 5 again Everton.

• Advertisement

Ya it's certainly changed the dynamic of the game and made it even more of a grind.

Ya no celebration when he scores loads and on the other side of things you don't care when he blanks either.

I do hope they err on the high side of his price next season not sure how much that should be mind.

I don't play the Draft game seriously - first time this year for the craic, but it's the one game where I can see issues arising - if you have Haaland - your probably going to win if you have a half decent team, as everyone else is playing catch up by about 10 points on average each week.

Would be interesting to hear from those that have Haaland in the draft are they miles ahead of others?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I've made some decent progress in the past few gameweeks. All while captaining Haaland where possible.

Gw12 - 1 million

Gw14 - 753k

Gw17 - 298k

And before GW 12 I was bobbing around 1 and 3 million. Obviously scoring 103 points this week helped massively, which is down to a few "lucky" calls like Mitro, Sanchez in goal and most players picking up a return. KdB over Salah didn't work. Azpi (a bad choice entirely blinded by the DGW) starting over Shaw. But I jumped about 250k roughly this week... so the point I'm making is that things can change quickly by landing on the right players rather than throwing hail mary moves this early in the season. God I've learned that the hard way over the years...

Anyway, yes I had a good week and I'm pretty chuffed about it! 😅

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭thefallingman

I wouldn't be selling salah personally i have both, but yes i was brave one week but going haaland against everton, i feel like i got away with murder with rash last week. The only other ever nailed on captain like this i can remember was Henry and that's going way back, then maybe lampard or salah for a season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,164 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Klopparama has Haaland in the Boards money league Draft and he’s currently in 5th in an 8 team league.

EDIT: You do know that there are no captains in Draft though yeah?

• Advertisement

Yea I know that, just thought with Haaland getting almost 10 points per game - that's a lot for others to be making up, but it's good that's not the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,508 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Echoing a discussion I had on Wednesday with someone 60 points behind the leaders and how the shape of this season made it unfairly difficult for them to catch up.

My point was what 'right' did they have to quickly catch up? If it's taken me 15 weeks to get that lead then it's entirely reasonable that it should take them 15 weeks to slowly close it down, or else go the risky differential captain route which can close it quicker or make it worse. But there seemed to be a sense of entitlement though that the game should provide a risk-free method for them to gain those 60 points.

KDH goal

Pool defence a shambles again

1-1 Vaes OG

Undeserved - Pool have been shocking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Oops these gameweeks are coming around too fast for me 😅

Advertisement