Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 17 - Matchday Thread 🎅

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭thefallingman

101 with my rashford captain gamble paying off bigtime, it's actually boring everyone picking haaland week after week i do it myself 99% of the time

• Registered Users Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭Gusser09

yeh I think I'll have to be braver going forward to close the gap.

Rashford in for Salah what do you think?

The haaland captaincy issue is an interesting one no doubt, there is massive gains to be potential made on the whole game but also massive losses, not captaining him is enough of a differential without going left field on the pick also.

The problem with not captaining him besides the amount he scores, is it's mainly just plain gambling although against some of the better top 6 sides there is possibly arguments to be made and maybe when we get into the later champions league games and fixture congestion is ramped up you might be able to fall on the right side of pep roulette with him.

Even when you do get it right with a differential you may not gain that much either, hindsight is 20/20 but this first round of games back feels like an impatient punt.

But if or when people do decide to gamble more against him, there is huge potential gains to be made but also huge potential losses and for me no way really yet at least to work out a good strategy to oppose him outside of gamble or gut

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Luxembourgo

He needs to be massive money next year. Like 15m plus. But I reckon he'll be 13m, and everyone will have him again.

I remember when I used to celebrate captain points 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Id nearly guarantee 99% of managers will skipper Erling again Everton. Would you TC him? That could be huge this season if its gotten right. The lad could hit 4 or 5 again Everton.

• Advertisement

Ya it's certainly changed the dynamic of the game and made it even more of a grind.

Ya no celebration when he scores loads and on the other side of things you don't care when he blanks either.

I do hope they err on the high side of his price next season not sure how much that should be mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,637 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I don't play the Draft game seriously - first time this year for the craic, but it's the one game where I can see issues arising - if you have Haaland - your probably going to win if you have a half decent team, as everyone else is playing catch up by about 10 points on average each week.

Would be interesting to hear from those that have Haaland in the draft are they miles ahead of others?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I've made some decent progress in the past few gameweeks. All while captaining Haaland where possible.

Gw12 - 1 million

Gw14 - 753k

Gw17 - 298k

And before GW 12 I was bobbing around 1 and 3 million. Obviously scoring 103 points this week helped massively, which is down to a few "lucky" calls like Mitro, Sanchez in goal and most players picking up a return. KdB over Salah didn't work. Azpi (a bad choice entirely blinded by the DGW) starting over Shaw. But I jumped about 250k roughly this week... so the point I'm making is that things can change quickly by landing on the right players rather than throwing hail mary moves this early in the season. God I've learned that the hard way over the years...

Anyway, yes I had a good week and I'm pretty chuffed about it! 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭thefallingman

I wouldn't be selling salah personally i have both, but yes i was brave one week but going haaland against everton, i feel like i got away with murder with rash last week. The only other ever nailed on captain like this i can remember was Henry and that's going way back, then maybe lampard or salah for a season

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Klopparama has Haaland in the Boards money league Draft and he’s currently in 5th in an 8 team league.

EDIT: You do know that there are no captains in Draft though yeah?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,637 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Yea I know that, just thought with Haaland getting almost 10 points per game - that's a lot for others to be making up, but it's good that's not the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,278 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Echoing a discussion I had on Wednesday with someone 60 points behind the leaders and how the shape of this season made it unfairly difficult for them to catch up.

My point was what 'right' did they have to quickly catch up? If it's taken me 15 weeks to get that lead then it's entirely reasonable that it should take them 15 weeks to slowly close it down, or else go the risky differential captain route which can close it quicker or make it worse. But there seemed to be a sense of entitlement though that the game should provide a risk-free method for them to gain those 60 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,361 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

KDH goal

Pool defence a shambles again

1-1 Vaes OG

Undeserved - Pool have been shocking

• Registered Users Posts: 7,632 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Oops these gameweeks are coming around too fast for me 😅

Advertisement