Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone deals

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭irishchris

Rang three stores today and ask or of stock of REdMI now 11 pro and don't know when they are getting stock as they keep placing orders but none arrive. Assume if that is the case there is no stock available to fulfill online orders too

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Asus1

Redmi 10 2022 is also as it's only single SIM.I was expecting dual SIM as most specs online say so but no only single.Still got money back in full even though it had been opened.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Barnsley

Went into my local Vodafone shop today to get the redmi note 11 pro. Shop assistant said the switching offer was only available instore if I signed up to a sim only plan and was only available online if I wanted PAYG.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭R11

Might try order the galaxy a53 for my wife. I see there's €110 cashback available.....can anyone confirm if this phone is unlocked?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

My A52 was unlocked.

I'm trying to order anEir SIM for €10.....filled in details,but nothing happens when I press Continue to Payment button....anyone else having trouble?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,309 ✭✭✭jj880

Try changing browser. I find Chrome can bomb out on some payment screens so I just switch to Firefox.

Tried Edge and Firefox,when I click Go to Payment,keeps saying "an error has occurred,please try again later or contact our customer service"

Ordered the Eir SIM in work today. So I just give that number when I'm ordering, get verification code sent to it and then order the a53?? And then hope that it goes through as it seems VF are completely random when processing these....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

A week in, I absolutely love the Xioami Note 11. Thanks again folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭snowgal

guys can someone help me out please, I dont know else where to put this. Can I just buy a phone in a phone shop and then change my sim over to it? Is it that simple? Im with vodafone, they've switched me to payg without me asking them (big mix up and long story), Im not paying them €400 for a new phone!! at this stage Ill just stick with payg I think...But I need a better phone....thanks

Did you try ordering the xiaomi redmi note 11 pro 5g with an eir sim on the vodafone website? Its still available at 170 euro. This process has been outlined several times in this thread recently and I think mentioned to you before also.

You can go into any phone shop and buy a phone no problem. You will probably pay more than 170 euro for a good spec similar to the xiaomi though.

Edit: just looked back through the thread. Seems you want an iPhone. In that case you'll have to pay up for a good spec. No way round it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭snowgal

thanks for that. I think Ive finally sorted it! apologies if I sound like dumbie, work were giving lots of restrictions on what could or couldnt be bought but I think weve sorted it now. Going with the free iphone 8 on a bill pay plan, hopefully!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭beachhead

Nooooo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Vic_08

If your employer are paying the bill then it's free (to you anyway) but if you are paying then it certainly is not free, you pay it off over 18/24/36 months on a ridiculously high tariff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Vic_08

Back to the topic at hand, I visited a couple of Vodafone stores today; the first had no stock but in the 3rd I got the Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G with buds attached for €169, no hassle at all, much easier than their ridiculous website.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,637 ✭✭✭shmeee

That not the same as buying the €20 credit in shop that I and many others had to buy? Just cancel the SIM only plan then after you leave the store. Same thing? Or am I missing something obvious?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

What store? I've submitted by 3rd attempt for same phone last night so will likely have to plan a similar route.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭funnyname

I sent vodafone a message via twitter and it all got sorted in under 48 hours, do I need to top up for one month or can I port out straight away?

• Advertisement

Low and behold I got a text yesterday notifying me my order would be delivered by DPD and they followed through on that today. Redmi Note 11 Pro with accompanying ear buds delivered so 3rd time lucky and persistence rewarded in exchange for euros.

No idea why first two orders were cancelled, I got a text message a couple of days after the first order that I wasn't eligible but no correspondence at all on the 2nd order and pending credit card transaction was removed after a number of days. Seriously amateur system from Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Banjo Carney

Hi did you use same SIM and bank card for all your attempts

Yes and even same delivery address. Was going to use a revolut card for the 3rd attempt but didn't want the €180 debited/taken from my account for a week or more if later cancelled. Used a different email for the 2nd attempt so no logic at all to the cancellations that I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Banjo Carney

Thanks. Crazy stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I feel like I've got a problem with buying bargain phones. For some reason I can't find the receipts but I think I got the TCL 10 5G for €179 and then the Xiaomi 11 Lite 5G NE for €169 or something along those lines. Never even changed over to the Xiaomi.

Might try and fineagle this one for the main shooter.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 liamda

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭vicM

See the 6a is down to 309 on PAYG if you switch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

Finally got the Redmi 11 pro.

Bought a new eir SIM and got a family member to do the order completed with their details. Phone went through no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭dave62

With this online offer are you committing to a 20E pm payg deal.

• Advertisement

No. Online order for redmi note 11 pro 5g is total 170 euro.

Advertisement