Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone deals

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭tandcapply

I have this phone and it's Hardly a Bad camera?

Not sure if there's any phone with better camera for the price. Or any of its specs and actual performance

• Registered Users Posts: 3,053 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

I recently availed of the Nokia G50 for €50 when I switched to VF PAYG. Have to confess, that I found the phone to be a disappointment. Previously had the 7.1 and loved it, the only real issue was WiFi calling not being supported.

Anyway, I was out yesterday and tripped, resulting in me smashing the screen on the G50. Was looking at some of the Xiomi handsets. I have a Tesco mobile number that I use for a side earner I have. What's the craic with VF not letting you transfer from Tesco mobile?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,765 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

I bet you didn't pay €50 for the 7.1 🙂

Its a budget phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,737 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Just a heads up, the Redmi Note 11 Pro 5G is back in stock for €170 on the website.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭mjp

No buds with it this time and they are now available with the Redmi 10 for €99. Ordered earlier on today but awaiting confirmation of shipping.

There should be. It says it in the small print.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Banjo Carney

Would anyone here who know their phones say the 11 is €70 a better phone than the 10

• Registered Users Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Just ordered one, "switched" from eir.

Manually typed in the shipping address and billing address. Used a credit card, so not too worried about the payment and 7-day wait for refund if it's cancelled.

I reckon I've a <1% chance of it being processed :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭jj880

In my opinion it is even if only for the extra RAM. Ive an X4 Pro and go over 4gb ram with only a handful of apps running. Id imagine on a 4gb phone like the 10 it would run like a dog unless you are closing apps all the time. And with updated apps over the next few years that would only get worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Banjo Carney

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭magicEye

Can this be bought without selecting one of the pay as you go plans?

You have to select a plan but you dont pay for any credit when ordering online. I would imagine most people just switch their sim from their old phone to this phone and bin the Vodafone sim since all Xiaomi phones are unlocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭questionmark

Xiaomi Redmi Note 11 - Smartphone 4+128GB, 6.43” 90Hz FHD+ AMOLED, Snapdragon 680 - £109 @ Amazon 140euro

All my Vodafone orders get cancelled, this seems close enough offer

Redmi 11 and 11 pro are two completely different phones so don't get fooled by similarity in name. Just compare the specs of both and you will see

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

can I get the iPhone 14 through Vodafone on PAYG, website is a nightmare to navigate!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,765 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

It seems like Russian Roulette. Over many years. I think I've got 3 phones through the site over the years. First time took about 5 or 6 attempts one successful. The second time, about 15, all cancelled. But a phone turned up regardless. Last time I think it took 3 attempts before one worked.

I wonder how many sales they are losing from the site problems.

• Advertisement

Went into my nearest shop. The guy was a gent. Again said online a disaster. Said out of spite he wouldn't charge me the €20 top up also :D Hero!

Currently setting up the Note 11 Pro. Great bargain for 179.99 inc the eir "switcher" SIM.

The earbuds are decent enough, probably worth about 20-30euro in reality. Phone comes with a 67W charger too which is good enough to charge most laptops!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Dalmighty

Iv put through 4 orders through for Redmi pro 11, also went in store. There is prob no stock of this. Has anybody successfully placed order recently ?

Cant order anything online, always cancelled

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭snowgal

if anyone could help Id really appreciate it. I have been told by my workplace that they'll cover new phone (c. €200) and bills but to a max of €25 a month. There seems to be no offer with VF for that price. Im wondering should I look to switch now on Black friday and go with a payg and an iphone 8? Seems to be a good deal on that? I currently have a really old 6s thats at the end of life! Im a customer with VF on a sim only bill pay...thanks

I got the Nokia G50 from earlier in this thread. Fell last week and the screen smashed but it was fairly annoying with only 4 GB.

Just received a mail that my note 11 pro has been despatched.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

Vodafone Galway shop Street out of stock of note 11 pro 5g... pointless ordering on Vodafone website as odds are it will be cancelled

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

Ordered yesterday at lunchtime and got a shipping confirmation earlier on. They probably held back some of the early stock which was selling fast in order to sell them for today. ordered a second one for my wife being deilvered to her work address after got the confirmation that mine was shipped. Will see if they still despatch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭funnyname

Just after giving it a go on the 11, money taken hopefully it all goes through ok.

Would def try for the note 11 pro 5g online with a 10 euro eir sim. Then get your number ported over to the best 5g sim only deal from whatever network has it for 25 euro. Xiaomi phones are always unlocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Bought an EIR sim in a physical shop this evening for €10, inserted it into my phone and it requests and accepts the PIN code ok. Phone shows the name as EIR but then Mobile Network Not Available if I try and make a call to test. Text messages from other numbers to the new EIR phone number are not being received. Even if I try and register on the my.EIR website it says "Invalid phone number" when I input the number given.

Any ideas, does it take a certain number of hours after purchasing a sim card before the number is activated or something odd like that with EIR? Never had an EIR sim or any dealings with EIR previously.

This is all in an attempt to purchase the Redmi Note 11Pro as part of porting over the new EIR number

• Advertisement

Any chance of a weekend delivery I wonder?

Advertisement