Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Nobody cares about Covid anymore"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Vaccines don’t stop contagion or at least don’t after a relatively short time

That and plain old fashioned random bad luck, just like how a minuscule number of sports people ( in peak fitness) die unexpectedly each year, same thing happened with under fifties who were healthy and died with covid, the Flu gets a small number of people every year too

covid was the first time in history that governments decided that death was unacceptable

Wouldn't bother too much with US figures. They have a lot of fatties and obesity is a big factor in COVID deaths. We're too PC to highlight these things these days though.

Instead we'd rather close gyms while allowing fast food outlets to do take away... #Science

In Ireland, most people that died had at least 3 other co morbidities.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭ Cup

The thread title is “Nobody cares about Covid anymore”. My post was about how I still cared, as I’d caught it.

Half of which country btw?

• Advertisement

That most people “ supported the lockdown policies “ is just a reflection of how Irish people ( as a rule) will support anything deemed to be respectable, I had to laugh how on April 30th , most parents at my kids school gate were masked, the following day on May 1St hardly any were Wearing them ( Michael Martin having announced that from May 1st their would be no longer a recommendation to wear masks)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭RoTelly

@Dohnjoe From they stop counting after 22/11/2021

And deaths

If you want to provide me details after these Nov 2011, as provided by the HSE.

______

Just one more thing .... when did they return that car

Yesterday

And you’re personal experience isn’t remotely unique

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭20Wheel

So what actually was the end-goal of the covid vaccine conspiracy?

I mean the world is now mostly vaccinated with the smallpox vaccine .... oh sorry I mean the covid vaccine.

So now that they've tricked us (again) what happens next?

Shouldn't we all be in a giant salt mine by now, or wearing Microsoft army uniforms or something?

Wheres the payoff for the lizard people?

Putin is a dictator. Putin should face justice at the Hague. All good Russians should work to depose Putin. Russias war in Ukraine is illegal and morally wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭fun loving criminal

Sounds like you weren't taking precautions because you were super immune and vaccinated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,296 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭MyLove4Satan

I didn't give a shite about it when it was our national religion for two years.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭MyLove4Satan

The "100% Safe and Effective" was a complete flop except for corporate profits. EVERYONE I know who is vaxed is constantly sick and coughing, and all the unaxed I know are fit, healthy and not coughing their guts up non stop saying 'can you only imagine how much worse I'd be if not for the Covid Vax...".

Let's be honest here, the Covid Vax was nothing more than a set of Rosary Beads for the Cult of Covid faithful.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

It's simple if you are vaxxed you are likely protected against serious bad outcomes from COVID or ending up in the ICU also everyone is different eg you don't know how bad it will be till you get COVID so if you work in a cafe or a hotel you should be allowed to wear a mask look on YouTube American TV shows you'll notice all the audience is wearing a mask even now in 2022

I was happy to get vaxxed I'm happy to wear a mask in a hospital or any place where it's required. This is not China buildings were not sealed up or people stopped from going to the shop I see no sign of Draconian measures in China

ok thats enough. over to /r/hermancainaward with the lot of yis.

Putin is a dictator. Putin should face justice at the Hague. All good Russians should work to depose Putin. Russias war in Ukraine is illegal and morally wrong.

Again if your young and healthy your likely to have the same outcomes unvaxxed or vaxxed, this had been said though out the pandemic. The "experts" said from the start that while you may not get a bad dose of covid your parents or grandparent or those around you with commodities may end up in hospital or ICU.

In saying that if you want to wear a mask you may, much like if you want to get a Vaccine or a booster vaccine. Entirely up to you.

______

Yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 17,800 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Indeed, those figures underline that more unvaccinated were dying. Quite a lot more actually.

The "100% Safe and Effective"

Is something made up by anti-vaxxers. No vaccine is 100% safe and effective. For the Covid vaccines, early tests showed around 95% effectiveness (on the variants the vaccines were designed for), on later mutations it was lower, but still decent.

If indeed 'nobody cares' maybe thats because most of us have already done all that can be done.

A strong majority of the population is vaccinated. So its over. Bill Gates won, and the free thinking philosopher rebels lost.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,539 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I truly can't tell the difference between sarcasm and stupidity anymore, truly the vaccine has damaged my brain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭landofthetree

There are a few die hard weirdos on Twitter who want all restrictions brought back.

They remind me of the Japanese soldier in WW2 who didn't surrender till the 1974.

Also whatever happened to all those covid fanatics who were predicting doom last Feb when we opened up?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭landofthetree

Remember how crazy some people got when we ended most restrictions? Telling us all it would be a disaster.

https://twitter.com/orla_hegarty/status/1485336434529689607?lang=en

But the figures are from 1st of April 2021 to Sept 2021 a period of slow role out of the vac... and then during a period of vaccine up take, the 9 weeks, as you can see as the number of vaccinated people began increase by the end of the 9 weeks for Vacinated in both ICU and Death. The underlying trend was that as more people got vaccinated that they would take up the majority of those in ICU and Dying, but the HSE decide to stop publishing those figures.

ICU went from 19% to 29% over the course of the 9 weeks since april 1st, by the end of the 9 weeks 41% of those admitted ICU had been fully vaxed with 6% having received 1 vax

Death went from 31% to 52% over the course of the 9 weeks since april 1st, by the end of the 9 weeks 66% of those that died had been fully vaxed with 9% just receiving once vax.

These figures were from the HSE from the 18 of Sept 2021 until 20 Nov 2021, total cases were give since April 1st of that year. They discontinued issuing these figures after the 9th week.

______

Yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Remember when people were saying that the government were using covid as an excuse to close down pubs once and for all.

Pretty much any figures at any time from almost any country show unvaccinated dying at a proportionally higher rate, this is because the vaccines reduce deaths from the disease (depending on variant) by up to 80%.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭RetroEncabulator

Got it a couple of weeks ago. It wasn’t pleasant but, post vaccine it also wasn’t THAT bad. It was more just disruptive and tiring than anything else.

I’m taking precautions around very vulnerable people, notably an elderly relative who has cancer but beyond that I’m just living as normal.

I have to say though I do tend to avoid stuffy pubs and stick to a ones with more space and I don’t use public transport anymore - I cycle / walk everywhere short distance.

I just find those kinds of spaces a bit unpleasant.

What a time that was. Architects being put on a parapet.

(she piped down for a while, UCD must have had a word). Occasionally pipes up again, fairly sad and futile existence.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Hungry Burger

Sometimes you’d forget the madness of the whole thing, some people turned full authoritarian “I for one support our new NPHET overlords” style.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭rsl1976

In New York at the moment. Was surprised a lot more people here wearing masks and they still have pop up tents offering tests. Asked in one shop to wear a mask.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

What of you're young and healthy and not vaccinated?

Advertisement