Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eligibility for Carers Allowance

Options
  • 31-10-2022 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi everyone,

I have slowly evolved to caring for my two parents who both have slow onset dementia. My weekly routine is to travel over to them stay Sunday evening until Wednesday night as I live 3 hours away and then return home and organise transport to mass , doctors day care etc for the other 3 days from my family home. My siblings visit and check in on our parents on Sundays.

I am self employed but my business has suffered so I am not working more than 15 hours per week.

Would I be entitled to carers allowance as I don’t live with my parents all week although I am on call and with them 3 days and 3 nights.

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

To qualify you have to be providing full time care and attention

Advertisement