Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment 2022/2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭JohnSmith98

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Starlight27

Any one here from Batch 7 who got the message about doing interview in January?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Starlight27

Anyone who has done the interview how long is it? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6 rachelje

45 min max.. it flies.

Well done to everyone who attended the fitness today! It’s no joke! Very relieved to have passed. If runnings not your thing, get your beep test practice in now while you’ve time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Asdfghjkl1

Hi, got my invite to book for interview, anyone who has done it, can you give me some tips on what is asked and what type of answers they are looking for from people who have been successful? Also, is there anyone who has passed the fitness test but had to train as they had no fitness at all - if so, how long did you train for to get to standard and what did you do? TIA :)

• Registered Users Posts: 37 ba2002

Hi, How long did it take for you to receive your stage two results to being called for an interview? and best of luck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 IKearns

Hi I also got my invite to book for stage 3. But when I go onto public jobs ‘my booking’ it does not give me the option to make a booking. There is no button saying ‘make a booking’. Is anyone else having this problem? As it states if not booked by the 6th of December my application is deemed to have been withdrawn. Please help. Any advice I would be very grateful as I do not want to miss this.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭bobbyD1978

When did you do stage 2 / get results can I ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 s_042

Hi all, just wondering if there is any WhatsApp group for Batch 7 or if anyone is interested in one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 sandybyrne7

Is there a WhatsApp group set up for batch 3 yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Eire392

Ironically the lad you're replying to is the same chap that called members disgruntled or had an agenda when posting factual points about the job.

Fwiw I guarantee each and every person complaining about not staying for weekends will be sprinting out the gate of the college come five o'clock on a Friday. Never heard a single person complain about going home on a weekend, first for everything I suppose

Yeah I would be

It took about 8 weeks to get the results for the report writing exercise, and then about about 7-8 weeks to be invited to book for interview. Hope this helps :)

If you go into my bookings and nothing is coming up, I would try it on a laptop if you’re doing it on a phone and if it still isn’t coming up, I would be onto public jobs straight away ASAP as the closing date is Tuesday and anything not submitted by then, the application is withdrawn

• Registered Users Posts: 16 mrdeanj

Thanks that's great to know

• Registered Users Posts: 26 roisinoharaa

100% agree !! I would have been fit enough and found the fitness v hard. I have to repeat bleep test. Defo take a good look at your fitness before doing it. No one warned me how tough the obstacle course would be😂

• Registered Users Posts: 9 rmty

Anyone batch 4 get results? If so, how long was the wait?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sean119

Any WhatsApp group for batch 3 ???

Any WhatsApp for batch 7?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Ciano1997

Probably totally off topic, but I seen a TD making a statement to the minster of justice regarding recruitment for Garda reserves ending the year of 2022 into early January. Can anyone shed light on this? Also I’m in 2000’s still haven’t been called for stage 2 yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 jimmy floyd hasslebank

Just a heads up you’ll have to do the bleep test again a few times once you’re in plus other forms of running so keep the fitness up even if you do pass it !

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Irishguy215702

I wouldn't even be too hard on johnsmith98. Too many going in there with eyes closed, led blindly by myth from parents time of nice cushy job, can't get fired and great pension. Good piece in the examiner from a retd Sgt the other day that sums up what awaits recruits nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭bobbyD1978

No, that's a fair comment if that's all that had been provided BUT he was quick to dismiss the opinions of serving members.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Irishguy215702

You're not wrong of course but will always be a range of views on how others opinions are interpreted. Unfortunately there will be many a rude awakening to come with regards to stationing etc if travelling home at weekends is upsetting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 NathanS

Quick question, my physical test is this Friday 9th, if I pass everything except for the beep test am I out or in.? I've a good level of fitness but have a bad chest infection at moment making it a struggle to pass beep test unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 LAK23

the fitness test is split up into two parts.

part 1 being the beep test, sit-ups and push ups and part 2 being the obstacle course. If you fail the beep test but pass the sit ups and push ups, you will have to repeat all of part 1 in a few weeks time. If you pass part 2 after failing in part 1, you will only have to repeat part 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 lboylan96

Just had my fitness test Friday the 2nd and I’ve already been contacted to meet a local sergeant. Really wasn’t expecting the turn around to be that quick! Medical in a few days and hopefully back in templemore February!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 liverpool1231

Anyone know how long for interview results roughly can’t find it? For batches 4/5

• Advertisement

Had mine the same day!that’s mad. Will you meet the sergeant before medical then

Advertisement