Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Garda Recruitment 2022/2023

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 emmak123

Anyone get stage 2 results today ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Doug123

Yep in the mid 1500’s and got mine today. Hopefully we’ll get called for interview in January 🤞

• Registered Users Posts: 20 emmak123

Nice one , I heard some got them today I’m still waiting 🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 11 AgentSmith99

Would you say we need to memorise our application form details which we submitted before the interview?

I am not sure how it goes, do they ask you about those things you wrote down like your work experience, education, hobbies, voluntary work etc...

Anyone have any advise on this?

Appreciate all the support from y'all been great help since I hopped on this site

• Registered Users Posts: 6 aod2903

Yes everything they ask you including competencies is based on application form, the odd panel may stray away or generalise. Eg. Where did you display X competency in this workplace. You can have a clean print out of your application form with you for interview. @AgentSmith99

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 JM7215

Hi folks, for the application form, in particular your work history. How much detail do you need to give, I’m a fitter and have worked abroad and at home over the last 11 years, many of which under different contractors and for both long and short periods, from 3+ years on some, to as little as 4 months on others depending on work. I’ve a good account of names and dates from some but a few are proving very difficult to remember, will this be further checked down the line and will I need to be on the ball or is this just asked for the interview stage when you are giving your competencies. Appreciate any feedback, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭JohnSmith98

For the interview that level of detail won't be required. You only need to show your competencies. It's not really an interview in the true sense of the word. When you pass the interview you'll have to fill in a vetting form called "Form B" and then you will need all your former addresses, schools, jobs and families addresses.

So include a basic history obviously for the interview and show yourself off a bit but you will need a full or nearly full history for vetting so keep that in mind.

And they can be very strict on details. So a gap in employment or addresses isn't really allowed for Form B

• Registered Users Posts: 19 paris9999998

Is there a specific form needed from your gp for the pct or do I just ring asking for a letter to say I’m fit and able to complete a pct? Thanks In advance

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Physeter

A letter from your GP stating you're fit and able for the PCT will do fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 kaya1

Hi guys I’m looking to do interview prep. Has anybody used Garda IP services? I heard they are highly recommended.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 deanrm

I used garda ip . Can't recommend them enough absolutely brilliant and tailored to your own experience/examples. 10 out of 10 👍

And very best of luck aswel by the way 👏

@JohnSmith98 thanks for the info pal. Have you gone through the interview and form b yet ? Basically I’ve about 80% of my work exp on paper with names and dates, very difficult to remember some esp back 8-9 years ago not to mention contact details…. I’m aware of form b and it’s importance, what I’m wondering however is any gaps or periods of uncertainties with work exp, as you said nearly full history , can this be put down as unemployed for that period, surely they won’t have a record of this themselves and can only go from what’s written down

• Registered Users Posts: 10 fmccorry221

Hi, I did my medical examination yesterday and nearly sure I failed the hearing test. Does anybody know what will happen? Will I get to repeat it?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 TMG1990

Hey… whats all involved in the medical? Have mine next week….

• Registered Users Posts: 10 fmccorry221

Eye test, hearing test, urine sample, blood pressure and a lung test. It’s grand, although I didn’t meet the standard for my hearing. It’s tricky enough

• Registered Users Posts: 11 AgentSmith99

simple enough then just talking about what you write down

appreciate it this helps a lot

@aod2903

I've passed the interview months ago yeah. Just "patiently waiting" for my medical and vetting to go through now

And I mean officially no they will want your full work history and employers. Will they track down who you worked for for 4 months in 2017? Probably not. But if you get caught out in a lie, that looks suspicious and will at best slow down the process, at worst you could get disqualified completely. Ultimately I really don't know how they'd deal with your situation unfortunately

I know for one of my uncles addresses the guy hasn't been in contact with my father (his brother) for 10 years so I genuinely didn't have a clue if he was still at his previous address. Called the helpline number, explained that, and was told I needed to find his current address. I had literally no way of contacting the man even if I'd wanted to but was told I needed his current address despite having explained the above to them. Guy could be living on Mars now for all I know

I put down where he lived 10 years ago.

That was an address so it might be different for previous employers but I doubt it

Best bet is probably just to make sure you pass the interview, get that out of the way and try to gather as much information as you can and then when you get sent Form B just call the helpline number and explain your situation and see what they say. Probably best to assume the worst thought and do your absolute upmost to try and get your full working history. Just so your application doesn't get slowed down on you

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Jahcork

I recieved an offer for the next intake they said they are hoping for the 20th Feb, completed physical on the 6th November, medical 13th November, and had final meeting with super two weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 niall1996

Well done bud you got your start date. I finished everything yesterday but I was told I’m colour deficient with red and green- I don’t know if this will stop me from starting in the college. What you think?

@JohnSmith98 thanks very much for all the feedback lad, really appreciate it. I was looking at the application form for the last 2 evenings and have a draft written up so will be typing it out officially Monday. I had a little bit more success finding some more details from a friend I used to work with, I now have a very close to full record found with addresses/names etc. For the application form it’s quite brief in what it’s asking for, it just asks for “employment history”, where as form b I think asks for the last 10 years, correct me if I’m wrong. Should I just stick down on the application form for the interview what I have so far gathered and try gather more for the form b later in time, which I should be able to do, or should the application form and form b, be identical in terms of what I have written on them.

• Advertisement

So the form for the interview will only really be seen by the public jobs panel interviewing you. As in they'll read it just before they interview you to prepare themselves. So it doesn't need to be 100% exact going back years.

Form B is sent to the actual Gardai and does need to be super exact (allegedly). So they dont have to match 100% as its two completely different sets of people that will look at it

Stick down on the interview form what you have and crucially what you want them to know and ask you about. Get every possible piece of information you can get for Form B

@JohnSmith98 appreciate that, you’ve cleared up a lot there for me, thanks. When did you have to fill in and submit your form b? Was it the next stage after you got the result from the interview ?

I was sent Form B about a week before my actual interview if I remember correctly. And had about 2 weeks to fill it in and return it

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lpf1234

Any one who’s done the medical, for the eyesight test, are you examined with no glasses/contacts and then examined with glasses/contacts, and what happens if you fail without wearing your glasses/contacts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 seanm6918

Hi guys, just for the application form for the interview, i worked in the fitness industry. Did anyone else have an issue with being temporarily out of work back when things were locked down? I was out of work unfortunately for a few months in 2021 due to it, I left the industry when things picked up , should I include this in the form? I know the interview form is to test your competencies from what you put down, did anyone else have the same issue ? Should I just list my previous jobs that I can use the competencies from and not include the period of layoff? ..Appreciate any feedback, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 32 TMG1990

Post edited by TMG1990 on

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭PCO2019

Hi folks,

Could anyone on here recommend a YouTube video on the most efficient way to turn and other small tweaks to conserve energy for the latter stages of the test. I have looked on YouTube and most of them are some ham running line to line, sure we all know how to do that. Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 hoops67

i failed the eye test in my left eye but passed In my right one. had to get laser eye surgery and will send them an updated prescription 6 weeks post surgery. My old prescription was -2.75 left eye and -1.5 right eye

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Tipp96

Got an offer for February over the phone. They said the formal offer in writing will be after Christmas when they can confirm the start date. Proposed start is Feb 20th. Would you hold off handing in notice to my current job until formal offer or should I do it now. I know they’ll be under pressure without me so the more notice the better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 niall1996

I would pack it in, they wouldn’t offer if there wasn’t a place for you. Out of curiosity what date did you do your medical ?

Advertisement