Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Say hello to the the newest member of BEVOC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,076 ✭✭✭✭KCross

So first frosty morning and having reformatted my phone back to factory settings recently I no longer can heat the car remotely from the phone as all apps were deleted :(

I don't see it in the Appstore.
    Any thoughts..
    I have access from the computer for this morning but not ideal
    Thanks

Apple or Android?

The app is called "NissanConnect EV". I see it in App store.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Thanks, found it.
    So now I have to remember my computer login password

Any thoughts on how to create a new password

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

30 kWh
    6.6 kW charger
    two cables
    Heated steering wheel/seats
    45,165 kms
    No bose sound
    Bodywork inside and out Clean
    12 bars
    Full size spare wheel, never used

Also have the grant aided 16A ESB charger, never used, was hung on the wall and then the sparks saw the earth was not neutralised so never connected

Anyone interested before I put it up on the www?

Will post the leaf spy stuff later

Its Ex nenagh

PM only
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 64,901 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Hope you're not going back to ICE, just when public fast charging is getting so much better?

So its 4 years old, 56,000 kms, 12 bars, original tyres down at 2.5 mm so probably worth a fiver

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Birka

So its 4 years old, 56,000 kms, 12 bars, original tyres down at 2.5 mm so probably worth a fiver

Have you it advertised anywhere?

Birka wrote: »
    Have you it advertised anywhere?

No, that was a joke going back to the start 4 years ago, when on delivery, I was told here that I have overpaid for a piece of crap that would depreciate as fast as snowflakes melt in the summer sun.:D

Do I care about such opinions, not at all
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=116478829#post116478829

No, that was a joke going back to the start 4 years ago

Ha, I was wondering. It was you who paid more for a Leaf 4 years ago than an Ioniq that was superior in pretty much every way. I can't remember why, I guess some people (like myself) are just plain stubborn and don't pay attention to reason :)

It's unfortunate but your Leaf will have cost you at least €3-€4k more in total cost of ownership compared to the Ioniq you were advised to buy at the time.

Is there an equivalent of Plugear for Leaf accessories such as floor mats

https://www.plugear.com/about-us/

Brake issue with Leaf.

Went out this morning, ABS light and parking brake light stayed on, brakes didn't function, constant shuddering when footbrake pressed down.

Virtually no braking power, drove it around the green, took a long time to stop it, had to select park.

Turned it off, left it for a while and it cleared.

Will get it checked out but as its now cleared maybe nothing fro them to see.

Any thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,923 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Maybe an intermittent fault in the brake controller? That would explain why turning it off and on again cleared the error. If it was hardware I'd assume the issue would not have gone away after a restart

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Thanks, I left it in for a checkup anyway as herself wouldn't drive it without it and I love my VW too much... Nenagh Dingle neagh on Wed, cant wait :)

Yeah probably for the best, brakes aren't exactly something you'd be living without 😉

Although I'm fairly sure you can out the Leaf into reverse at any speed, so there's always engine braking in a pinch

• Registered Users Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Would it be the 12v?

At least, you'll always have B mode to slow down even if there's no brakes!

Anyway, it cost 50 euro to have it looked at, the tyre pressure sensors were reset and its all fine. The OH was happy to take it to Limerick and back and no drama.😀

keep the car interior clean :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,311 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Tell me you didn’t drive like that. You’d be put off the road for dangerous driving.

Well it didn't cause the boys in blue an issue, they were behind me when I was c 500m from the recycling centre.

Just wondering how does battery degradation manifest it self in the Leaf.

Am at 78,000 kms and seem to have full bars at 100%..

However not convinced range is the same?

Maybe imagining it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,788 ✭✭✭Old diesel

12 bars just means that SoH is over 85 percent.

I presume its the white bars you are looking at and not big blue ones....

If its got 12 bars for SoH/battery capacity then you will see all of them even when battery low on charge.

However the blue ones will still show all bars when fully charged even if SoH was 50 percent.

Throw up a photo of the dash?????

• Advertisement

looks like down one

• Registered Users Posts: 5,788 ✭✭✭Old diesel

11 bars.

My understanding is that this means its somewhere between 85 and 77.5 percent SoH

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Correct, the non-linear Nissan pattern is shocking really, expectations would be even division of 12 for any reasonable person

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

Down to around 80% after just 78k km and 5.5 years? That's pretty shocking. Pardon the punch 😂

I thought the newer packs from late 2013 didn't degrade as much? I guess not having any battery cooling is a brutal setup. Friend showed me pics earlier today of a new model Leaf 40kWh pack which was completely shot, big miles at 200k km, but still pretty bad after only 4 years

• Registered Users Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

It's mostly the second or third owners who will be straddled with the battery degradation, but then they've only paid a fraction of the cost of the original car.

Stay Free

Thanks.

what the expected capacity degradation trajectory?

I presume its more mileage rather than age related

I'd say it's mostly DC fast charge related, unless of course you rarely / never fast charge. The Leafs have no battery cooling / heating at all, which is a terrible design. The "new" model, still being sold today, is the same

Not that the degradation would worry me too much if the car still gives you a range that you can live with. Did you get the software upgrade from the Nissan dealer? The degradation might not be as bad as the car tells you it is. You might very well get your missing bar back.

Our Leaf is from the same year and lost a bar recently as well

It maybe got 1-2 DC chargers a year over the past 4 years

I reckon the lack of battery conditioning is a factor, but the real problem I would say is the total lack of a charge limiter

There's no way to limit the charge on the newer Leaf (2015 and earlier had it I think) and the car will just charge to 100% with no way to limit it

That plus the tiny top buffer means the car will just sit at a high SoC, unless you're a maverick at charging management. Sitting at a high SoC for an extended time is pretty lethal for lithium batteries AFAIK

Not for all lithium batteries. Also it's not that bad to charge to near 100% all the time as long as the car will be used straight away again most of the time. I agree that for type of battery that's in the Leaf, it would be bad to leave it fully charged for long periods of time, but I doubt the OP has done that regularlty

The lack of battery cooling / warming is the major downfall of the Leaf battery really, nothing much the owner can do about that...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,076 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Battery heating/cooling has very little to do with Leaf battery degradation in this country.

You would need to do multiple rapid charges in the one day to get it to overheat and even then its hard to make it happen as it goes into a fail safe mode of reducing your charge rate to stop it overheating.

In the 4 years I had the Leaf I never managed to push it into the red (it shows you on the dash). The nearest I came to it was when I was driving it back from the UK and did 4 rapid charges on the trot... still didn't overheat though.... for the rest of its life it only ever did 1-2 DC charges in a day and that never came close to overheating it.

Now, if you were living in a 30°C+ climate.. that would be a different matter, but not here.

Nissan Leaf battery degradation is nearly all down to chemistry and passage of time.

Advertisement