Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How Bout Dem Bears?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

well every time its mentioned that fields is a 6 3, 225 pound player , i think 'oh yeah he is ' his movement is so good but he is so close to getting hammered like in the Washington game

cowboys will be a real test and and there will be 7 point games like 2 weeks ago but the talent is there with fields to build a team around , just look at the car crash the bears left in new england with 2 qbs that both look like there not first choice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,902 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

That's Mooney catching it right? The funny thing is your post here applies as much to Darnell as it does to Fields: he goes missing at times and really doesn't seem like a number 1 guy, but then the last couple of weeks he has had these phenomenal catches like that one, that are absolute bangers (if OBJ did it Collinsworth would explode). It all feels like we are just in reach of something fantastic, but I can't tell if it's real or not yet.

Losing Quinn was expected, I really don't know why they waited until now. He wasn't having a good season until Monday when he upped things considerably. He was a great Bear and his 2021 season was unforgettable, I hope he gets to win a Superbowl somewhere, he wasn't going to be around Chicago when we are in that conversation.

Anyone see Roquan's response when he heard? He really struggled not to start crying on the podium. That defense is a tight group. I'm worried they might try to ship Smith as well, I really don't like the idea though many have talked about it, he is young and home grown, and he's lighting up the field. He's what we should be building around on that side IMO

how about dem bears?

offence a lot to like , mostly fields

defence not good at all

too many flags

genuinely not sure how I feel about this. I get the idea of getting picks and I think the deal is relatively fair, a 2nd and 5th and his cap hit off the books. But he is a homegrown first round pick who is a real difference maker and we have cap space, so I dunno, I'm kind of surprised. The odds of getting better value for the picks or the cap space versus what he actually represents as a known quantity who is young, I dunno, it seems like a gamble. I just had figured him as the leader of the defense going forward.

agreed , we had a defense with mack , hicks , smith etc that was shutting teams down and it was ripped apart . massive gamble . its on poles to spend all that money next season wisely

is jackon now the defence leader on his own ?

Post edited by peteeeed on

You'd have to be happy with that, a second is good value for someone of that level who can slot right in (this week!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,364 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Fields taking steps forward and another loss for the draft pick. That's all I've ever wanted from 2022.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

As a Dolphin's fan want apologise. Ref won us that. Got away with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭Christy42

Hey the Bears find out more about their new stud QB and a better draft pick. You guys get a needed win trying to get a play off berth in a cluster f of a division. Everyone wins.

It was a shocking no call given how they called the Jackson one on Waddle a few minutes previous to that. It's sad how often the refs are influencing games these days.

Fields has had no luck on potential game winning drives so far. Velus fumbling the punt against the Giants, Smith-Marsette getting stripped against the Vikings, the 2 endzone drops against the Commies and now today with the missed PI. Even after that horrible decision he came back for 4th down and threw a perfect ball for St Brown who dropped another one to end the game. Awful.

Fields is now fully believes m himself and I do too , that call was a disgrace , official right there and he just looks on

kmet really showing what he can do

with the defence we are going to have some high scoring games

what a TD fields , wowee

FLAGS FLAGS FLAGS

Losing to the Lions (unless we score..) is never fun but I'll take it for the better pick. Fields had that bad pick but he's done some insane stuff too. The 2 TDs with his legs were ridiculous. He's had a ton of time in the pocket at times today which is a nice change, but often doesn't throw. Whether everyone is covered or not remains to be seen.

Refs were also awful. Sanborn was robbed of an INT on that "hands to the face" and it led to a TD.

https://streamable.com/trtork

some horrible calls by the officials

We were rode rotten by the refs but them's the breaks, we weren't good enough to overcome it and our defense is playing without much intensity or self-belief for understandable reasons. The offense is starting to click more every week, and draft pick notwithstanding it would be nice to knit a few wins together to help build a bit of team spirit. draft bedamned, I want us to win against the Packers.

• Advertisement

well same old story

should fields have been out there with what looked like no legs and one shoulder and they made him run twice in the last drive , horrible

The playcalling there...oof. Fields was stuggling with a leg injury after getting beat up throughout the game and Getsy starts the 2 minute drill with 2 designed runs? What are you doing? And he injured his shoulder on the first of those. Hopefully it's not badly hurt but he hit the ground hard.

So many positions on this team need fixing but both lines are head and shoulders above the others. Offensively we can't even stop a 4 man pass rush with 7 man protection and defensively we can't stop the run or create any type of pressure. Hard to win with that.

the team has been losing games with a fully fit fields , don't see the point in risking him against one of the better defences in the NFL that know he has a bad shoulder

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭Christy42

I really have to believe that Peterman can outplay Mahomes in training. The only way I can see why he still gets paid. Anyway they decided Siemian isn't badly enough hurt to stick in Peternab,

Pringle did something really special there, what a catch.

For the record I would have liked to see peterman today. We know who siemian is already: a competent backup. I want to see if we have anything more than that in peterman, and if not I want the number 2 pick in the draft.

Also is it too early to regret the claypool trade? We've probably given up a very high pick for him.

the passing game is noticeably quicker ........just saying :)

nice to see claypool getting involved so far

Holding out hope it's something else but that very much looked like an achilles tear for Eddie J. Put his foot in the ground to drive on the ball and just collapsed. 😔

• Advertisement

Being the leader of the bears defense seems to be a surefire way to get off the team.

mooney injured now , dropping like flies

Panthers are handling the Broncos too so looks like we'll move up to pick 2 for the week at least.

The sports doctors on Twitter saying it looks like a foot injury and not achilles, thankfully.

Eddie J (lisfranc) and Mooney (Ankle) both gone to IR now. The defense barely has anyone left at this point 😅

At this point every fan should be on board for the tank tbh. We just need to lose out and hope both the Rams and Broncos win another game to secure pick 2. The Rams & Broncos still have to play each other, so one of them will get a W there meaning losing out would secure us the 3rd pick at minimum.

But securing pick 2 would be massive. We'd obviously trade it to someone wanting a QB and get at least 3 firsts back. Having multiple 1sts in the 2024 & 2025 draft on top of the cap space we'll have the next few years puts us in a great position to compete as long as Fields works out.

this defence will not be able to keep any team out , its only rookies left

Yeah the defense is going to struggle massively all the way to the end now. I'm hoping that Fields can't play for as long as possible because looking at the way they called it for him when he was playing injured, they could really damage him trying to win games that don't matter. I'd like to see our backup QBs both get a run each week from here on in, and I don't care what the result is. I also think we really need to pick a QB in the draft in the later rounds to serve as a backup to Fields, he plays a style that will always run a high risk of injury and you need someone who can plug into the same offense.

After training yesterday it looks like fields is going to play

• Advertisement

Well...it is the Packers. Draft pick notwithstanding you want to give yourself every hope of winning that.

godamn i thought there was a chance of rogers getting smahed there

It's hilarious how Roquan wanted $20m and Poles was like "nah" so he trades him, lets Sanborn slide into the starting lineup and there has been no drop off in production so far.

Obviously he's playing a different position and not as good as Roquan, but he has replaced him as the sideline to sideline tackle machine in the defense and he's doing it for like $800k instead of $20m.

Why, when fields is passing really well, do they decide to abandon the pass as we get into the red zone and only pass again on a third and very long to set up a field goal? Just mystifying decision making sometimes on the line.

Jaylon Johnson singlehandedly set up a Packers touchdown on the last drive. Have a sinking feeling here.

i know we kinda wanted to lose but ffs

Nah, any other game is fine to lose this year. But watching that team bossing our field for years on end isn't to my **** taste. We should have won this game (it's not over just yet but...), but we've allowed them back into it.

I'm not bothered about taking another L to them as long as they don't do something f**king stupid like beating the Vikings backups in week 18 to screw up the draft pick.

Would have been even easier to take the loss if the Broncos hit that FG to win the game at the end there. Still need both them and the Rams to win another game.

Also, we should target Tyler Huntley in FA to backup Fields. He'd be perfect for the job.

the 4th quarter , have we been up in 7 games and lost

We were losing either way but good lord that WR group is bad. 2017 levels of bad.

• Advertisement

sling it to Velus Jones just to see what happens

Advertisement