Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Garda Recruitment 2022/2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Richmond Ultra

They'll still be inviting people up to the introduction day

• Registered Users Posts: 15 sandybyrne7

I'm supposed to be doing the fitness test the 1st of December, does Hr or anyone email details before going down?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 jimmy floyd hasslebank

I was batch 2 did my interview with Sgt and Super yesterday and got the call up this morning so they’re still calling people it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 6 cjee

To start what date? @jimmy floyd hasslebank

• Registered Users Posts: 3 jimmy floyd hasslebank

Monday 28th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 lboylan96

I’m the exact same I’ve picked the 1st for my PCT but haven’t had a confirmation email or received any further info

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭macmathuna1

Get used to short notice on things

@lboylan96 I have emailed them and no response yet, will let you know if I hear anything. See you down there anyways 👍💪

• Registered Users Posts: 26 niall1996

I’m in the same boat. I emailed them and they responded saying that they will try their best to accommodate all applicants preferences.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 roisinoharaa

anyone know what the story is if I was to defer my fitness. Im repeating the bleep on the 5th of December but injured myself and have medical cert to defer it. Does anyone know if it would cause any hassle for me to push out my fitness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 lmf91

@LP404 I’m from batch 5 I sat my interview today, I used GardaIP for preparation for the interview

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Mann2022

Have sent you a private message lmf91

Appreciate that thanks! I got an email back off them today have to fix an address on the Form B this evening and they’ve told me I can’t have the first of December either (even though I selected it over a week ago) so I’m now booked in for the second. But still no further detail on times etc

@lboylan96 bit of a pain, yeah I had to amend my form b twice as I left out eircodes. They emailed back and said they will give more details Monday so we hopefully find out more then

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Nompixels

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sean119

Anyone from batch 3 hear anything back after medicals??? Or does anyone know how long results take ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Holden8993

Anyone have any insight as to when the next class will enter into templemore after the 28th of November?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭macmathuna1

February/march

• Registered Users Posts: 12 coolsunflower00

Just wondering if the career service stage 3 is worth the €120, I’ve passed stage 1 and 2 using career service but I don’t want to be throwing away money at this time of the year if it’s not worth it !🎄

• Registered Users Posts: 45 deanrm

I used gardaip for stage 3 prep. Definitely worth the money in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 Mc123

@Nompixels Did my interview last week, found it kinda rushed and when I was explaining things they literally just wanted a quick answer to everything, like the they say to use the STAR but I felt they don't really give you time to use it right and give a detailed answer . How did you get on?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Physeter

Don't be dissuaded by this. Their goal is to score you as best they can across all competencies. With limited time to do that, they end up switching up the conversation often. I had the same experience as yourself and ended up scoring quite well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Mann2022

From anyone that has done the interview in last few days . Do they go straight into the competencies or ask about you at the start . Will they prod you for more or let you keep talking ? Should you have a story to your competencies or just bullet points and then they will ask you to elaborate ? Thanks

Post edited by Mann2022 on

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Mc123

@Physeter Thank you for the advice, How long where you waiting from when you did the interview to when you got the result? @Mann2022

• Registered Users Posts: 8 JD2913

Quick question for yas. I’m down for the PCT for the 2nd of December haven't received a confirmation email yet. Has anybody received confirmation? Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Jahcork

they email about a week before hand to confirm your attending

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Ianm0812

Just got my confirmation for the PCT for Thursday there 👍

For the beep test/shuttle run, does it tell you what stage your at when upping levels or does it just beep? Thanks

Just received my confirmation for my PCT on the 2nd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Physeter

Up until level 5 they'll call out just the completed numbers (1, 2 etc.). Beyond that that they should call out the granular levels (5.1, 5.2 etc.) but the tape plays a beep also. If you have a decent invigilator, they'll wave you down once you've completed the required level.

Advertisement