Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment 2022/2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Holden8993

Anyone receive any rolling invitations this week as part of the 70 new recruits?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 jsmith22

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Henno_4

Hi all,just quick query in relation to the competencies for the interview.Are we going to be supplied with competency forms we complete and the interview board have a copy of them too,or do we just prepare our own under the given categories and speak on them during the interview?Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 45 deanrm

The interview board have a copy of your application form. You don't fill out a Competency form or anything like that.

You prepare your own under each Competency and study them to have them off to a tee.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Query101

Has anybody not passed stage 2 here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Henno_4

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Ianm0812

Anyone waiting on interview results from the latest interviews? How long do you think it takes does anyone know?

Thanks 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 2 markfl88

I received mine a few weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 2 r.y.a.n

……

Post edited by r.y.a.n on

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Ianm0812

Okay I thought it would be abit sooner but that's fair enough 👍

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Cactus2000

Anyone know how many times you get to repeat the fitness test if you failed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 r.y.a.n

…..

Post edited by r.y.a.n on

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Flyingfast

You get a second chance, if you fail your second attempt, the only option is to appeal the decision for whatever reason to HRPD.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 cjee

Has anyone from batch 3 heard back about vetting. I have my medical Wednesday. I rang hrpd to see if there was sny chance of starting with the intake at the end of the month. They said they were still waiting on some vetting

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭macmathuna1

They were able to tell you specifically about your vetting? @cjee

Medical tomorrow, not heard anything about vetting or meeting with local Serg/Super. I’d say very small chance of getting on the first course but reading back through previous competitions, some people were given only a couple of days notice so who knows.

They said "you still have some vetting outstanding "

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Doug123

Hi Everyone, anyone have any idea what batch are being interviewed at the moment? Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭JohnSmith98

From what I understand vetting is largely done locally and is entirely dependent on how long it takes your local station(s) to be happy you're acceptable to let in.

Going through the previous threads vetting can take 6 weeks or 11 months. So it's really hard to predict how long it'll take. It took over 2 months for my local station to call me for example

When I called the central number they told me I was undergoing "suitability checks" and that this was completely normal not to worry and then literally 2 days later I got the call from my local station. So I suspect "undergoing suitability checks" just means waiting for your local stations to pick up your form B and start vetting you

Hi all,

Just a quick one, what's involved in the medical ?

Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 liverpool1231

Does anyone know the length between interview and fitness/medical too? Roughly

• Registered Users Posts: 12 krtrssllx

@liverpool1231 interview to PCT is roughly 3-4 weeks. PCT to medical is roughly 1-2 weeks.

Height / weight measurements, urine sample, peak flow test (blow as hard as you can into a tube) hearing / eye test, blood pressure measurement.

Then into the Doctor for general joints movement and reflexes, recheck of your blood pressure, listens to your lungs and heart and has a quick feel around for hernias.

Took around 45 minutes in total.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 liverpool1231

Great sound

@Flyingfast thanks for that 🤝

@liverpool1231 Had my pct last week and medical this week so 7 days apart 👍

Do they tell you if fail or pass medical?

Post edited by cjee on

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭macmathuna1

You'll get an email saying if you passed. Depends where you get it done how long it takes to get an answer. I did mine in Limerick and response was a day or two.

Some people that did in Dublin had to wait a couple weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭JohnSmith98

I've been waiting over a month since my medical and haven't heard anything. Did mine in Galway

• Advertisement

Had my medical this morning. Hrpd rang me just there now to confirm I attended. I'd this normal. Anyone else get a call?

Advertisement