Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia criticises Ireland for moving away from neutrality.

Options
  • 16-11-2022 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭

Yesterday there was an article in the Guardian (under the ‘Live’ section) regarding criticism by Russia’s foreign ministry, of Ireland moving away from neutrality.

I expected to see something in the Irish news media today regarding her statements, but couldn’t find anything. I couldn’t find the longer piece in the Guardian (that I read yesterday), -a search only yielded the above snippet. The longer article made reference to Irelands willingness to train (Ukrainian) soldiers to fight in Ukraine. Also there was reference to closer cooperation with NATO wrt joint military training.

Surprised not to see any national news report on this (that I’m aware of). Also, makes me wonder ….is there a purposeful/inevitable sense of leaning away from neutrality happening with all that’s going on in the world?

Tagged:

Comments

Advertisement