Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Berlin Marathon 2022

• 08-03-2022 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi there,

I was lucky enough to get a place for September 25 this year.

Anyone else going?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭AngelaRI

Lucky duck! Rejected again, I will be going back into the lotto this October again..

Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 repub

I am going. I am looking to find a group who are going as I'm solo at the moment. I have no accommodation booked.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

I'm heading over with a few from my local running group.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Slow_Runner

Last year I stayed in the Adina hotel in Hackesher Mkt, 1 stop from the start line and loads of restaurants around the corner and kitchette in the room so I had control over my breakfast- would recommend. Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything from the organisers yet?

I deferred my entry from 21 to 22 and have emails confirming everything, but when I log into my account it shows nothing under “Registrations”. What are others seeing or have they heard anything?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭fennor72

Hi getting close now, anyone got any email from the organisers about race details.

Also I seen on the website that Adidas were looking for runners to run Berlin in the adizero adiós pro 3 and take part in a survey. I put my name forward and got an email last week saying I had been successful and the runners were being sent out. I'll believe it when they arrive because it sounds too good to be true

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭MooShop

That sounds class, keep us updated if they come through. Best of luck with the race either way!

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭echancrure

Is this on TV or streaming anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭4Ad

Kipchoge just ran the first 10k in 28.23...my God ! Hopehe keeps it going !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭4Ad

New World Record.

Amazing running..

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭winstonia

Looking at his splits here. 2:37 39k. 3:12 40k and back to a 2:53 41k.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Arsenium

Just got a PFO for the 2022 race in the email? I think today is the day the lottery for 2023 closes. Anyone else get something similar? Or am I getting my 23 PFO early :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭6run28

Got the same. Thought it was a pre-emptive PFO for 2023 too, I hadnt even entered it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭py

You had my hopes up when I didn't receive a PFO email :) Checking the official website, it says this:

Unfortunately, the 2022 draw results were mistakenly resent on 17th of November of 2022. These notifications about the raffle luck do not apply to the current lottery period.

Lottery results for 2023 will be out in December.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭winstonia

€170+! I hope I don't get in but entered last night. Surprised they charge you for your tracking chip.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Dats_rite

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

The tracking chip is a rental fee - you return at the end of the race for a refund. I forgot to do so in 2014 and still have the chip, which I assume I can use again!

Lottery results start being issued tomorrow...

Please reject me

Please reject me

Please reject me

Didnt realise it clashes with Ireland vs South Africa in the world cup when I applied.

Will be deferring if I get in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭fennor72

Nope, waited a week before the race and gave up, went out and bought some endorphin pros.

I did get an email a couple of weeks ago asking to complete the attached survey about my experience with the Adidas runners in the race. So I told them what happened, what I ran in, and gave the pros a great review.

Just received my PFO email.

Despite not been available to do it next year, I'm still a little disappointed :D

I dont take rejection well.

Will need to figure out a plan for racing these big races. I have it in my head, that I would like to run all 6 big ones

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Unknownability

PFO!

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Arsenium

Why do I get my hopes up? Seriously I woke up this morning like a kid at Christmas. Refreshing my inbox all day. Only to be told to PFO..... Grrrr!!

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭niallo32

PFO using a German address

Also a PFO.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭ISOP

PFO

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Sandwell

I'm in, but based on a qualifying time rather than good fortune. Have had a number of the PFOs down the years so delighted to finally have the opportunity to enter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭scotindublin

Got in with the Q time aswell.....hearing of plenty of PFOs though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Unknownability

Anyone have any recommendations for another marathon around then? Half debating paying €467 for entry still!

Advertisement