Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling, Swapping or Wanted Watches & Timepieces *Please read rules in 1st post**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

@nod2022 That's a nice piece, and bit different.

A very cursory search of Chrono24.com suggest that EU region full set versions (watch, box, original strap, and receipt, etc) are fetching around three and half.

Now, Chrono24 usually has a bit of a premium, but you would be looking at 3k plus, anyways. There's one with no box or papers at all that's under 2,800.

Should give you a ball park. But with such a distinctive piece, you'd be as well to look for a large selling forum, like Chrono24 or similar. It would be hard to get a market here, IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 nod2022

Thanks very much, I’ll check that out. I’ll put it up on adverts as I have an account and try my luck there also.

Thanks again, very helpful. 🙏🏻

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Fitz II

Just a warning, if you are not used to adverts expect offers around 500 euro and swap for half eaten marsbar and PS3 controller. The assumption is that you need to sell everything you own to pay for a new kidney and will accept any offer. That watch is sub 2k private I feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭scwazrh

No watches seem to be selling on adverts at the moment.The usual watch sellers have the same stuff sitting there for months .Even my own cheap and cheerful few watches that I have up have got little to no interest and the under €500 watches used to fly out on adverts .Sign of the current watch market I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 8,745 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

This time of year is never great for pre owned watches, people get carried away with Christmas

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,702 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

pp 5980 and some awful rm just appeared on adverts if you fancy handing over 100k a piece to 2 low feedback sellers in Antrim….

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭893bet

Payment in bitcoin….for tax reasons

Fucking lol. Free ps3 games with it.

The Patek seller has come a long way from selling ps games

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭mailforkev

The RM seller is also flogging a nice Hermès handbag, but you can’t pay by card because they’re a single mother who can’t take risks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Was just about to say the same. My Steinhart GMT hasn't had a nibble. Just reduced to €400. They use to get snapped up 2nd hand for €450-480.

• Advertisement

that is the funniest thing i have read on adverts in a while

Surely the seller is the same person. 2 x 100k watches in Antrim an hour apart?

Both also selling handbags.

The one I saw is €850k but they can’t list it for over €100k on adverts 🤣

Seen as it’s adverts , surely a €100k offer on a €850k watch is about right?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

• Registered Users Posts: 16,498 ✭✭✭✭banie01

• Registered Users Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭furiousox

Tempted to make an offer on this one. What's the verdict lads, is it worth it?http://www.adverts.ie/28187796

(Is the seller on this thread btw?)

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭H_Lime

Its worth what folk will pay.

Steel Dive Willard is 100ish quid delivered assuming customs don't nab ya. Its a great watch standard, nh35, ar sapphire and seemingly well sealed for actual diving if you believe what the devotees say.

It's fakeiko now not a steel dive so it's up to you to decide if it's for you.

You can btw buy the Steeldive Sd1970 sterile and a seld adhesive seiko metal logo for the dial is twenty quid on ebay....

But I wouldn't suggest one should do something so scurrilous.....

• Advertisement

It’s a fake seiko so worth nothing as far as I would be concerned

Out of interest what's you take on the steel dives homage with steel dive branding on?

I would buy a genuine Seiko. Better watch , better quality .

Roger Roger on that front. Although perhaps it might be wise to say should be better quality all the time, which seiko ain't lately imo.

And I suppose...It's over a grand so there's that....

Meanwhile steeldive is 1/10th and I can use the rest of the cash to bring the missus and kids to a nice hotel for the weekend and throw a couple tanks of fuel in the car too, so there's that... :)

In other words horses for courses but ymmv as they say.

A standard Seiko turtle isn’t hugely different though and are available at around €250 or Chrono prices a bit higher

No need to spend a grand to get a good watch but a €100 on a steel dive is a waste of money.

The willard was the direct comparison which is plus a grand, or so I believe but its entirely academic to me for as i see it your being ridden mercilessly paying that for what you get lol. A better comparison is as you suggest. I'd be interested in one at 250, link?

Steel dive and waste of money are two things you don't generally hear together. Generally those who say that are strict non homage peeps, even if the homage is of good quality and value which most unbiased sorts do agree they are.

EIther way these things are subjective but I would be pissed if I paid several times the cost of the homage for my seiko Turtle to find all too common qc snags that seiko seems happy to allow through.

In all these things ymmv:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

YMMV?

YMMV is an abbreviation for “Your Mileage May Vary.” Basically, it means one person's experience with a product may be different from another's.

;)

Calling them a homage is a push though do you not think ?More a knock off version of an original watch.

Each to their own which is how all these discussions about cheap Chinese tat here end but when a watch manufacturer only gives you a 6 month warranty don’t fool yourself into thinking you’re getting a good quality timepiece. Steeldive , Pagani , San Martin and all the other Chinese knock off brands that have appeared over the last 20 years may offer many things but value for money is not one them hence why I call them a waste of money.

Quality control is an issue on all brands and when you pump out the volume of watches that Seiko do , even a low % of issues become a large number and Seiko owners voice their opinions online a lot more than the majority of other brands.

I have in excess of 20 seikos , mostly with dive bezels and I can honestly say that there’s only 1 of them that I’ve noticed with an issue which should have been caught by seiko QC .Compare that to my Tudors of which I have 5 and two of them have issues that should have been caught by Tudor QC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,471 ✭✭✭micks_address

Touchy subject this Seiko versus homage versus replica with a different logo on the dial. I love Seiko but agree quality control can be annoying.. I don't buy the oh but sure it's Seiko so it's expected the bezel won't align etc.. I do like the willard case design.. it's a bit like doxa.. they really sit well on the wrist. I don't have a doxa but I still have the seestern doxa sub 300t orange.. don't think I've ever worn it. Tried it on a few times and it's comfy.. has a Seiko movement as well.. beads of rice bracelet.. might throw it up for sale. It did convince me I'd like a doxa at some point so I suppose job done.

Advertisement