Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

48.ie - Was 7.99/month - 100 GB, all calls, all texts, 10 GB EU data - [Now 10.99]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,083 ✭✭✭✭blade1

No surveys or wasn't roaming lads.

Everything working as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭beachhead

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

so my great data drought is coming to a head, have gotten up to 207GB by swapping calls for data and sharing 3GB from another sim and then subbing another 1GB from next months membership. But now only have 1.2GB left with 5 days still to go. If anyone here has a spare 3GB they know they wont use or carry over would appreciate it being sent on, reply to this and I'll PM you the phone number.

Going forward I think I'll just have to get another sim and rotate them as 200GB a month is no longer cutting the mustard in the 4G router. Have been binging too much Netflix lately and am just eating the data.

I've a few stones here that I'd like to get some blood from if you've the spare time 😄

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

nice one Quackster, sending you a PM now, thanks a million for the dig out

• Registered Users Posts: 9,679 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I got the refund as well, 2 accounts, 2 different membership prices, 2 different cards used to pay, both refunded.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭PopTarts

How is Spain now for roaming? Do you still have to do all the settings?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭beachhead

4G on a trip 24 hours in October.Had to switch on/off twice,including toggling data roaming.Settings were unaltered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭amber2

I know unrelated to roaming but has anyones membership payment for this month been taken from your card twice, debited mine on the 15th and again on the 17th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

Some posters reported getting a refund last month. Did you get one? Maybe it was a mistake and they're processing them again?

I've two accounts and didn't get a refund on either and was only charged for each one once on 14th and 15th November.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭amber2

I had got a txt from 48 last month to say they were giving a free month as the site would be down and if your membership fell due on the site maintenance dates then you would not be charged and would have free membership for the month.

edit : just contacted 48 there was an issue with their system whereby customers were not debited in October, I’ve two kids accounts one was free the other wasn’t debited.

Post edited by amber2 on

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Phil1969

I am looking to get a 48.ie sim card for 12.99 euros but looking at the website, I can not see anything about 100GB or 200GB. I only see 11GB? Am I reading correctly you only get 11GB now? I do not want to pay 12.99 euros for only 11GB.

Thanks

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,323 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

It's in the T&Cs.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,323 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

It's in the T&Cs.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

The €12.99 membership includes 200Gb data. For a free 48 sim with a free months credit follow...

refer.48.ie/peterd-1781

• Registered Users Posts: 6,753 ✭✭✭DopeTech

11gb refers to the amount that can be used outside of the Republic of Ireland inside the EU/UK. The All data (200GB FUP) bit covers the Republic of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Phil1969

Thanks very much for the info, that makes sense now. Sorry for late reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,301 ✭✭✭xtal191

Do we have a 5G now? I noticed 5G pop up on my phone in town today, it was only there for a very short time though

Getting 5g with ages.

On a separate issue though. Has anyone else noticed their signal doesn't drop out anymore.

It was happening me several times a day and I haven't noticed it happening anytime in the last few months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Simi

It's not nearly as frequent, but it still happens in low signal areas and can require a toggle of airplane mode to get signal back for me.

Random drop outs in high signal areas multiple times a day seem to have stopped though.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭ECookie13

So this is now 12.99 euro a month?

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

Yes but use refer.48.ie/peterd-1781 to get a free month.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭phater phagan

Hi everyone. Has anyone had a problem not getting verification codes from your bank for purchases or paying bills online?

I've been a customer of 48 for about a year and have had no difficulties until a few weeks ago, when the code my bank sent by text to me didn't transmit.

I thought it was a problem at the bank's end but after an extensive investigation at my branch, they verified that the problem was not at their end. However, the very helpful lady there told me that she had heard that 3's customers were not receiving texts from financial institutions. It was a problem there.

Is 48 a subsidiary of 3? It is quite a hassle as I pay bills etc. online.

Your advice on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,300 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Yep, 48 are on 3 network. They also had problems sending/receiving SMS shortcodes like 53100

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Banjo Carney

I'm with 48 since the start of the €7.99 deal and never had a problem with verification codes.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭bobbyD1978

With them a while now and yes, codes do seem to vanish but my bank (ptsb) seem to come through.

Looking to change because I'm fed up with the crappy roaming service.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

I was away in November and the roaming was working for the first time since I joined years ago. Took a bit of messing with the SIM toolkit but once it was set to roaming profile and the APN correct it worked for the duration of the trip.

I was very close to porting away myself as it would never work for me previously.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭phater phagan

I contacted the tech guy at 48.ie and he ran a diagnostic and told me that the problem is with AIB's service provider which may not have 48 on their system.

I'm happy enough with 48 and do not want to switch, but if it's impossible to pay bills or purchase goods etc. online it's a huge problem.

Please, can anyone help me solve this dilemma?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,300 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Advertisement