Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid vaccines - thread banned users in First Post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Lol nope. Sorry man. Don't know any of them outsite the site. Nor are they alternate accounts.

They're just other people who seem to take me somewhat seriously.

Cool.

What evidence do you have beyond your personal untrained assumptions of coincidence that these are being caused by the vaccine?

And again we have an anti-vaxxer who seems reluctant to use the V word for fear of summoning them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭snowcat

No matter what topic you have in the world you will have the extreme on both sides. You will have the extreme fanatical pro vaxxers who believe the pharma companies have saved us and the anti drug persons who believe the opposite. They are both of the same ilk however extremists that are better off ignored.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭snowcat

https://www.oxfam.org/fr/node/18366

If only they would donate some of their profits..

Still no such thing as extreme pro vaxxers and that's not what anyone is arguing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭hometruths

Oddly enough the extreme pro vaxxers are getting fewer thanks to the covid vaccines.

Confidence in vaccines has declined “significantly” since the start of the pandemic, according to a new study. Researchers from the University of Portsmouth carried out two anonymous surveys in the winters of 2019 and 2022 to gauge people’s attitudes to vaccinations and to look at what factors cause hesitancy and refusal.

After questioning more than 1,000 adults, they found that the post-pandemic group was considerably less confident in vaccines than in the pre-pandemic group. The paper, published in the medical journal Vaccine, showed a fall in confidence of nearly one in four participants since 2020, regardless of their age, gender, religious belief, education or ethnicity.

Hardly surprising really.

Weird how despite your own protests you've no issue with snowcat misattributing arguments to people.

Another example of the hypocrisy of extreme anti vaxxers.

There's no such thing as "extreme pro vaxxers".

I also suspect that this article is another Twitter find.

There's no such thing as "extreme pro vaxxers".

In your opinion.

To others it is abundantly clear that there are those who are extremely pro the vaccine, just as there are those who are extremely anti the vaccine.

Most are neither, which is why the findings of the study are noteworthy. In my opinion.

But you guys can't actually demonstrate what an "extreme pro vaxxer" actually is without relying on misrepresenting peoples arguments like snowcat just did and you had no issue with.

You only believe that this study is noteworthy because it's something g else you've found on Twitter.

Also as always you are misrepresenting what a study says as the study does not have anything to do with "extreme pro vaxxers."

And this quote:

Dr Alessandro Siani, associate head of the School of Biological Sciences at the University of Portsmouth, said: “While vaccine hesitancy is not a new phenomenon, Covid-19 vaccines have been met with particular hostility despite the overwhelming scientific evidence of their safety and effectiveness.

Anyone know how I can go about getting a second booster at 20?

I called around a couple of pharmacies local to me and was politely told to get bent because I've no pre-existing conditions. Got the first booster in January.

Cheers

--------------------------------------------------------

@IE.TP1J6 please don't take any medical advice from a Forum titled "Conspiracy Theories".

Post edited by Big Bag of Chips on

• Advertisement

I think the advice is now to stop boosting just for fun, finally realising it is pointless.

PM some of the extreme pro vaxxers on here, they might know of a few dealers who prey on addicts!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Do not give medical advice/misinformation

Post edited by Big Bag of Chips on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭patnor1011

This thread if nothing else, pretty much confirm existence of extreme pro vaxxer anti twitter loosely affiliated group. 😁

But there is no such thing as extreme pro vaxxers.

Not believing lies and conspiracy theories doesn't make you extreme.

However repeating stuff from Twitter and extremist sites like natural news is very extreme.

But you guys can't actually demonstrate what an "extreme pro vaxxer" actually is without relying on misrepresenting peoples arguments like snowcat just did and you had no issue with.

An extreme pro vaxxer is somebody who is extremely pro covid vaccination.

If you need a demonstration that such people exist, just look around you. You won't need to look too far. For interest this forum has many examples - people who will spend hours on here arguing that mandatory does not mean compulsory or insufficient data is in fact extremely comprehensive for example.

The idea that somebody who spends as much time as you do on here thinks there is no evidence of people who are extremely pro covid vaccination is pretty funny really.

I didn't say you argued that. I said that people on here have argued that. As one of the most, if not the most, prolific posters on the CT forum I am presuming you have read these posts.

OK. So I didn't make those arguments.

So by your definition I'm not an extreme pro vaxxers.

Unless of course you're going to argue that lenght of time is the only factor, at which surely that would apply to yourself.

And yes I have seen those arguments. As always you misrepresent.

Weird though that seem to be struck blind when your fellow antivaxxers do stuff you don't want to acknowledge.

I'm not arguing whether or not you are extremely pro covid vaccination or not. That is pointless. I have no idea.

Certainly I have not seen you attempt as impassioned and enthusiastic arguments in defence of the vaccines as others. Your MO is more along the lines of "But I think you found that on twitter so it doesn't count" or "Ah but somebody else who thanked your post says the earth is flat, so your opinion doesn't count". It's just noisy nonsense.

My point re extreme pro vaxxers is it is ridiculous to have even a passing interest in this thread and say there is no evidence of the idea that some people are extremely pro covid vaccination.

Just as there is an abundance of evidence of people who are extremely anti-covid vaccination.

OK. So then you are not saying I'm an extreme pro vaxxers.

Only the guys who were making those arguments were.

In that case where in the study did it ask people of they subscribed to those particular arguments as their basis for who is and isn't an "EPV"?

Or alternatively what did they use to determine who is an "EPV"?

Also again you are very hypocritically ascribing arguments to me that I never made.

I'm also curious who you consider an extreme anti vaxxer but I fear this would be too direct a question for you to answer and would go against your rule of never directly challenging other anti-vaxxers.

In that case where in the study did it ask people of they subscribed to those particular arguments as their basis for who is and isn't an "EPV"?

Or alternatively what did they use to determine who is an "EPV"?

This is just more noisy nonsense. I quoted the article as noteworthy because the study showed covid vaccines had caused a rise in vaccine hesitancy. It would stand to reason that the findings of the study would indicate a drop in the number of people extremely in favour of vaccines.

I'm also curious who you consider an extreme anti vaxxer but I fear this would be too direct a question for you to answer and would go against your rule of never directly challenging other anti-vaxxers.

I consider myself to be extremely anti covid vaccines. I suspect most reading my posts will have formed that impression by now, and rightly so.

• Advertisement

But how can that study indicate such a thing when it doesn't say anything about "extreme pro vaxxers".

You claimed:

Oddly enough the extreme pro vaxxers are getting fewer thanks to the covid vaccines.

The study says nothing about "extreme pro vaxxers" (cause they don't exist.)

The study does not identify any beliefs that could be considered "extreme".

Nor does it identify if people who held "extreme beliefs" before have lessened their beliefs.

And of course the study looks at beliefs about vaccines in general, not covid vaccines.

How would you respond to the 4 questions in the survey asked as part of the study?

Again I believe that you found this study on twitter or some other social media feed. That's the only reason you thought it was noteworthy.

Again I believe that you found this study on twitter or some other social media feed. That's the only reason you thought it was noteworthy.

I thought it was noteworthy because I have been saying time and again on here that the revisionism around the covid vaccines' spurious efficacy has damaged confidence in vaccines overall.

This study suggests that vaccine confidence has significantly declined since the pandemic.

But that's not what you claimed in your original post about that supposedly noteworthy study.

As I explained in my previous post, it has nothing at all to do with "Extreme pro vaxxers" because no such thing exists and cannot be used to make any conclusions about a group of people who do not exist.

You avoided all of those points as per usual.

You found this article on twitter.

You thought that you could disguise your dumping by vaguely tying it to one of my comments.

And once again, it's you misrepresenting things and over stating things to suit your extreme anti-vaxxer agenda.

Oh, and of course the paper does not say at all that the decline in vaccine confidence is due to "revisionism around the covid vaccines' spurious efficacy".

The study in fact says:

This study suggests that paradoxically, despite the success of COVID-19 vaccination campaigns, vaccine confidence has significantly declined since the onset of the pandemic; the comparison of a pre- and post-pandemic cohort sheds light on the differential effect that the pandemic had on vaccine confidence in different demographic groups.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,907 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

The article didn't show covid vaccines caused a rise in vaccine hestitancy.

Where does the article state that?

You are misrepresenting the contents of the article by stating your own interpretation of it as a finding of the article itself.

It talks of pre and post pandemic. It also acknowledges that the two groups were not the same.

One could just as easily argue it was the concerted campaign of anti-vax propaganda towards covid vaccines that was responsible.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

As I explained in my previous post, it has nothing at all to do with "Extreme pro vaxxers" because no such thing exists and cannot be used to make any conclusions about a group of people who do not exist.

You avoided all of those points as per usual.

I avoided these points because your claim that there is no such thing as extreme pro vaxxers is simply a matter of your opinion. In my opinion there are people who are extremely pro vaccine and I have given some examples of why I hold that opinion.

I get it that you don't share my opinion. So what. That does not mean it is wrong.

You found this article on twitter.

You thought that you could disguise your dumping by vaguely tying it to one of my comments.

And once again, it's you misrepresenting things and over stating things to suit your extreme anti-vaxxer agenda.

I did not find this article on twitter. And even if I did, where I found it is irrelevant. Try to undermine the article by hand waving about where it has been posted is just total nonsense. If you want to have a sensible discussion about the contents of the article or the study, lets have it. But wittering about twitter is just noisy nonsense.

Oh, and of course the paper does not say at all that the decline in vaccine confidence is due to "revisionism around the covid vaccines' spurious efficacy".

Correct - it doesn't nor did I claim it did. It is possible to interpret the results of a study - the significant decline in vaccine confidence - with an opinion as to why - "revisionism around the covid vaccines"

It's an opinion. One that you clearly don't share. So what.

You don't think that a significant decline in vaccine confidence would indicate a rise in vaccine hesitancy?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,907 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

The article didn't show covid vaccines caused a rise in vaccine hestitancy.

You've reworded your claim now when your original misrepresentation was challenged.

Your original wording implies it was the vaccines themselves - I am pointing out it can just as easily be argued it was the "extreme" anti-vaxx campaign of lies and misinformation about the vaccines that was responsible.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

I avoided these points because your claim that there is no such thing as extreme pro vaxxers is simply a matter of your opinion. In my opinion there are people who are extremely pro vaccine and I have given some examples of why I hold that opinion.

No, you ignored my points because you can't address them.

You cannot define what an "extreme pro vaxxer" is. The study you quoted as support for your claim about "extreme pro vaxxers" does not define it either. Nothing in the study can be used to say anything about "extreme pro vaxxers" even if they did exist.

You're free to hold the opinion that these mythical people exist. However that doesn't make it a good or supported or convincing opinion.

You found this article from some other social media if it wasn't twitter then. You don't want to say where or how you found it because you understand that would look really bad.

The fact you did find this on social media, is relevant, however you yet again misattribute an argument to me that I'm not making.

And great, the study you posted doesn't support your opinion. That's just something you're making up then.

Yea, he's gone from claiming that the study showed that there would be less "EPVs", then to claim that there was an increase in vaccine hesitancy because of his bugbear. Now he's trying to dodge again.

He painted himself into a corner, probably because he didn't actually read the study, and now comes the word games to try and save face.

• Advertisement

Also, just as an extra little cherry on top of the misrepresentation sundae:

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0264410X22013378?via%3Dihub

It's a 23.8% decrease in confidence compared to a 21.6% increase.

So net that's a 2.2% drop in vaccine confidence due to "revisionism around the covid vaccines' spurious efficacy".

Advertisement